It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there millions of extraterrestrial civilizations in our galaxy alone capable of visiting Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: oldcarpy
well if you can manipulate matter by thought alone " consciousness manifests reality"
then you dont need FTL , if you can fold space just by thinking it

Maybe there's something to your mind control theory. Logistically I always felt the people who built the pyramids MUST have had some kind of anti-gravity technology to be able to cut and move millions of multiple ton blocks.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Drakes equation is guesses based assumptions bassed on estimates if any part is zero the equation is Zero

In space distance means time we are 75,000 light years at least from the furthest star in the Milky Way.

If Aliens could pick up our first radio signals they would need to be in a 110-120 light year radius of Earth.

Radio signals obey the inverse sq law so.

the strength of a radio signal will be only 1/4 as great once you are twice the distance from the source. At ten times the distance, the strength of the signal would only be one hundredth as great.

For a civilization only a couple hundred light-years away, trying to listen to our broadcasts would be like trying to detect the small ripple from a pebble dropped in the pacific ocean off the coast of California – from Japan.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

what if there is something about radio waves in space we havent discovered like some natural phenomenon boosting or magnifying the radio signals and sending them further into space or time ?

sort of like how light can be lensed around a star

couldnt radio waves do this in some similar fashion ?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Then whey they at? -- Enrico Fermi

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

hahahah yeh , they know we are dangerous and so just mess with us because we are literally trapped here

isnt that our punishment for not being cool with our creator

Trapped on earth in the ego prison

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

hahahah yeh , they know we are dangerous and so just mess with us because we are literally trapped here
isnt that our punishment for not being cool with our creator
Trapped on earth in the ego prison

On the other hand, I've heard people who have enhanced their consciousness describe how they've been greeted by entities who explained that this existence we're living is an incredible gift. We get to experience things. We get all the feels. Highs and lows. Pain and pleasure. A point of view. The artificial people and non-corporeal entities apparently don't get any of that and it's very valuable particularly when it comes time to attain wisdom and compassion, which are like gold.

It's one of those things where you're either a participant or a spectator. We are lucky to participate.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Already do.

Just look at the Nimitz tape.

Folks who don't have an imagination and knowledge of physics may think thrust is the only way to travel.

Or that we have all the elements on earth and any civilization would have had steam engines etc..

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Life? Sure, I wouldn't doubt it.

Intelligent life? There's the kicker. Who knows? Probably.

Intelligent life with the capability to travel through space at all, or farther than we can? Maybe.

The variables are so vast. Could there have been life far more intelligent than humans but they died out long before the humans on Earth? Might we die out before developing intelligent life is able to reach Earth? Are there planets full of plant an animal life, but no life with advanced intelligence?

And what about Alf? Huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You should look into "the great filter."

Simple, single cell life formed on earth almost as soon as the planet cooled, but complex life? That's another story altogether.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

a reply to: oldcarpy
well if you can manipulate matter by thought alone " consciousness manifests reality"
then you dont need FTL , if you can fold space just by thinking it

Maybe there's something to your mind control theory. Logistically I always felt the people who built the pyramids MUST have had some kind of anti-gravity technology to be able to cut and move millions of multiple ton blocks.

The infamous dendera light bulb,another hoax

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

rationalwiki.org...

Human ingenuity and not aliens.Also not a light bulb

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What do you think, empty space or teeming with extraterrestrials? Ancient astronaut theorists say, "Yes!"

S&F for the AA theorist comment - that gets me every time!

To the point of your question - yes, I believe that our galaxy in general is teeming with life and I’m pretty sure some select group of humans knows it.

There’s likely far, far more life “out there” than most people appreciate.

And I also believe they have been here before - long ago - as well as being here now.

One other point though - they May not be “aliens” like grays/etc. I’m starting to think that it’s plausible they are human(ish) in many cases - which is the kind of comment that makes AA Theorists “say yes”.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Basic "life" is probably found everywhere in the universe where there is liquids, solids and gasses. The idea that they would be even recognizable to us is another problem.
What if other advanced lifeforms out there resemble organisms so large that we can't see them in entirety and they can't see us without some sort of microscope?
Or what if the most advanced organism in the universe turns out to be microscopic and very telepathic?
What if aliens invaded a million years ago and looked like roaches? What if these roaches created humans to be the perfect pet that creates a lot of trash gives the roaches everything they need to survive with ease?

What if at the end of your life you see the flashing screen and it says, Good Game! Play Again?
And you suddenly realize that oh, yeah, this has been a game that I forgot I was playing, and you made up everything you know from the game in your mind - including dinosaurs, Napoleon, your grandparents and your rotting kidneys.

edit on 30-7-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Why millions?

What if the permutations and combinations of pure mathematics allow for just ONE vastly more advanced alien civilisation - on one planet that developed exceptional interstellar travel capabilities to spread its own citizens across the stars and 'nearby' galaxies a very long, LONG time ago in a galaxy far, FAR away?

Whether they ever popped over here for a KFC bucket en route is the question.

Then again, are we impressive enough to visit...?

"..................................... BURP .............................................."

Perhaps not.

edit on 30-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have read any number of ufo themed books. The number that I have read and heard is that the government/military believes there are about 6-8 civilizations, that may have or are visiting us, from within the Milky Way. For what it's worth.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008

what if there is something about radio waves in space we havent discovered like some natural phenomenon boosting or magnifying the radio signals and sending them further into space or time ?

sort of like how light can be lensed around a star

couldnt radio waves do this in some similar fashion ?

Were do I send the pile of straws to clutch too.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Maybe it is just impossible to travel FTL? Perhaps it is a universal barrier that cannot be overcome, at least by technologically based civilisations. Not all advanced civilisations need be based around tech, of course. Advanced mental powers, anyone?

That continues to be our best bet. If those remote viewers were on to anything, this could be our best shot for communicating with intelligent beings / entities / forms that are not in our reality neighborhood. No, we don't get to "travel" to see alien sunsets on different poisonous worlds, but there are spectacularly beautiful sunsets here on Earth that go to waste all the time. We all need to get up from our computers and go see them.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Drake's equation was never meant to be a true equation .
It was an example only . Presented as a sample in a "jestful" manner.
Anyone that knows the slightest bit about Drake's equation should know this

And , the current use of the factored down "Drake's Equation" shows it may be a good probability we are alone.

edit on 7/30/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I certainly agree about the numbers, there should be life everywhere
It appears likely that a dark forest scenario is being played out
Where a peep in the dark lets the wolf find you
Every time 2 civilizations with vastly different technological capabilities mingled, the lesser was wiped out. Every time.
So it would stand to reason that there's a supercivilization out there either assimilating every other group it finds, or is annihilating them
Perhaps sending messages into space is a mistake

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
what if we are alone in this universe but not alone in the multiverse

if you watch the video of the age of the universe and its entropy death it says that any advanced civilisation knowing the universe will eventually run out of energy will seek to create a new universe where the entropy is low and new star nurseries can form. Knowing this a civilisation of type III or better yet IV (able to control the universe)
would control the entire energy of their universe
and knowing that the universe faced entropy death would create new universes to seed life into , and myabe we are that seed

maybe we are 100th generation universe

Humanity could essentially be trillions of years old

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When measuring great distances by light speed, and pondering whether they'd be able to travel to "X" location, they'd seriously have to have the capability of opening Einstein-Rosen bridges (wormholes) to get there -- THAT, or the capability to travel "faster" than the speed of light (impossibility) to traverse these mind-boggling, immense distances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join