It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replica Of Mayflower To Be Burnt For Charity.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Actually, that same America wouldn't exist without the French [and Germans.]

History tells me that America had to revolt to become independent from her mother country, Great Britain.

Where do the French & Germans come into it ? Unless you are talking about the hired help ?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Could have built a homeless shelter, and animal shelter, a monument, a wind farm, a botanical garden, etc. There are thousands of useful things that could have been done with that time, money, and labor. What charity is this for? The Cure Pyromania Now Foundation?

"Hey, would you like to donate to our charity?"

"Gee, I don't know. Things are kind of tight right now."

"How about if we build a huge ship and burn it down?"

"Let me get my checkbook."
edit on 28-7-2019 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Weren't the people building it and the people wanting to burn it two different groups of people?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The irony here is that the original pilgrims in the May flower were seen as being religious fanatics in their time, and we're leaving to escape liberal British society.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Actually, that same America wouldn't exist without the French [and Germans.]

History tells me that America had to revolt to become independent from her mother country, Great Britain.

Where do the French & Germans come into it ? Unless you are talking about the hired help ?

The revolution was due to the greed of George and his lackeys who oppressed the colonists. The French were key to defeat of the British at the final battle; Yorktown. They had also convinced Washington not to attack New York but rather to march on Cornwallis. The Germans were in all three armies and were significant in number. George III was of Hanoverian descent.
I think the present royal family also derives from German rulers which is why Hitler thought that they, as good Battenbergs, would side with him during his expansion of Nazi Germany. Rumor has it that they almost did.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think the present royal family also derives from German rulers

Queen Elizabeth's family line on her mothers side are Scottish.

Not a German in sight.

The Germans were in all three armies and were significant in number. George III was of Hanoverian descent

The Germans where hired help, as i previously stated.

The 13 British Colonies where founded during the reign of " The House Of Stuart "

King George III inherited them.
edit on 28-7-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Better check the patriarchy side. Thats the only one that counts.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Interestingly, she had two parents. The House of Windsor was originally a branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. A name change during WW1 to Windsor was necessary as the Huns were living in the palace. Louis Battenberg became Mount Batten.
Die Deutschen sind überall!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Better check the patriarchy side. Thats the only one that counts.

We are all Africans then.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don’t see a problem with people doing as they please with their property, however, they could find so many better ways to use this piece of art than burning it in my opinion. I would pay admission just to tour a beautiful replica like this ship. Couldn’t they charge people to enjoy their accomplishment then donate the proceeds instead of destroying it?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why should we as Americans even GAF what you eurodoods do?

I don't.

Burn it all, hell burn all the way to the vatican.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t see a problem with people doing as they please with their property, however, they could find so many better ways to use this piece of art than burning it in my opinion. I would pay admission just to tour a beautiful replica like this ship. Couldn’t they charge people to enjoy their accomplishment then donate the proceeds instead of destroying it?

You need to understand that the premise "something is going to be burnt" came first. This is for the November 5th celebrations, which traditionally include a bonfire. Historically there would be human figures on the bonfire, people like Guy Fawkes and the Pope. So this is about finding something more original for the purpose.
edit on 28-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: deckdel

Absolute bollocks.

Stereotypical Septic getting all wound up over NOTHING.

It's a charity event held every five years.....it raises lots of money for local charities.
They've previously burnt replicas of HMS Victory, Pudding Lane etc.

Grow up and a get a grip.

What has been the return on the five year builds? How much above and beyond the cost of building the boat and what they expect to be given for charity

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Hang on a minute, weren't they mainly convicts? And I know they were minor crimes, so...

Worked out well for us Aussies though so thank you

Well to a point, but then you had the wog migration later that upped the Aussie culture!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Seems a waste to burn 5 years of work.

It's just the kind of crazy thing we British do.

I have always wondered why British people are so obsessed with the fact that they're British? LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
And Americans are not very conscious of being American?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Aint no Americans...we are either african american...or asian american or irish american or.......

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How many trees will have to die to do this? How much carbon will be released when burning the ship. There is enough lumber in that to build a couple of small homes for the poor. Why do they call this a charity? I would bet the group is using this to do tax write offs, lets see, twenty cases of beer and some great seafood for supper while we all build this hobby boat. All of it tax deductible.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: BrianFlanders
And Americans are not very conscious of being American?

I think that kind of thinking among Americans is not as common as it used to be. I guess 20 years ago you'd see people everywhere walking around with American flags all over them. Not so much anymore. Save for certain niche groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why do they call this a charity?

I assume they will be charging an entrance fee for the accompanying party event and donating the takings.
This will be just one of the many Bonfire Night parties up and down the country. You would prefer them to go back to burning an effigy of the Pope?

P.S. This is what the town of Lewes was burning last year;

edit on 28-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join