It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2 Creatures That Could Deny Evolution !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
One need only to consider the human appendix to readily demonstrate the still evolving human species. It serves no purpose, at this point in our evolution. One could hypothesize that the human appendix will slowly shrink in future generations, to the point of no longer appearing in the human body, if the species survives long enough.

A couple other remnants of past humans no longer necessary at this stage in our evolution, which may fade away over future generations: wisdom teeth and tonsils.

To be fair, it's not about having no function, it's about having a different ancestral function in the past. But yes, the appendix is clearly evidence of changed function over time and thus evolution. Creationists just parrot the lie that vestigial means useless so they can straw man it by claiming the appendix has a function and doesn't qualify, even though it very clearly does. Please don't give them ammo.

edit on 7 30 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

So, what's your point exactly?

I get you don't get there's no point at all, that's not it.
edit on 30-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So science doesn't insult you when it says you're an animal and brother of goats and snakes, leeches and bees since they all have the same ancestor!

I can't tell if you're a human or an ape, or a silly blob for that matter.

It's nothing.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Biological classification of organisms is a religion? LMFAO! Homo sapiens are in the great ape family. Are you denying that you are a homo sapien now, or just rejecting ALL science that conflicts with your silly fundamentalist version of your religion? Don't answer, we already know. Honesty isn't your thing.

Amazing how zealous you are about being related to apes. You literally can't think outside your secular programming. You can't even fathom that the taxonomy presented by scientists is based on the assumption that evolution is true, and is therefore backwards science. You are incapable of viewing other perspectives, that is why your conversation skills are so crass.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Look up Hominidae in wiki, that will explain what Barcs is talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfox81

Look up Hominidae in wiki, that will explain what Barcs is talking about.

I have heard of it, but he is assuming that the taxonomy made up by humans is gospel. It assumes that evolution is true. That's why its fallacious. It doesn't prove anything, just humans trying to fit organisms into categories to fit a theory.

Do you think your great-great-great...-great grandparents are mutant amphibians that waddled out of the sea and somehow had lungs that could bear the atmosphere? What came first, the feet to waddle on land, or the lungs to breathe the atmosphere? Either is useless without the other. Not to mention we have no unambiguous fossils of such a transitional creature. It is just such a dumb theory once you critically analyze it. Irreducible complexity emerges at every step of the way.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: rnaa

Chimpanzees are small, humans are bigger, gorillas are even bigger, we're all still hominids.

I'm not related to apes.

Correct. You ARE an ape.

Time to post the appropriate picture for the recent comments in this thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Evolution is an explanation of the diversity of life.

This is the natural phenomena that Darwin observed, and created Darwinism, a theory of biological evolution.

Which in itself evolved into the current theory the MES, bout 150 years of study.

When technology hit the level where we can really look into cells, molecules & genes, we can see patterns from the past to the present.

Thereby confirming the family/tree/bush of life. Diversity on another level. And showing that the MES is the best explanation to date.

Genetics and biology are the main points towards the MES.

Im sure Goodman Pete will correct me on some points.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

So science doesn't insult you when it says you're an animal and brother of goats and snakes, leeches and bees since they all have the same ancestor!

I can't tell if you're a human or an ape, or a silly blob for that matter.

It's nothing.

Stating a fact is not an insult. If you are sensitive to being called an ape, you basically just need to grow up because all humans are apes and part of the animal kingdom. Science doesn't care about your faith, it observes and tests facts.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Biological classification of organisms is a religion? LMFAO! Homo sapiens are in the great ape family. Are you denying that you are a homo sapien now, or just rejecting ALL science that conflicts with your silly fundamentalist version of your religion? Don't answer, we already know. Honesty isn't your thing.

Amazing how zealous you are about being related to apes. You literally can't think outside your secular programming. You can't even fathom that the taxonomy presented by scientists is based on the assumption that evolution is true, and is therefore backwards science. You are incapable of viewing other perspectives, that is why your conversation skills are so crass.

Hilarious that you refer to scientific research which you have never once refuted in your entire history here as "programming." As if you can't go to school and become a biologist and study the evidence yourself. Maybe if you stop cherry picking what science you accept and what you reject based on double standards, you would be able to make some leeway in this conversation, but clearly you don't care about evidence and just intend to project nonsense like this on other people. Every single time you get refuted, you blindly ignore the argument and accuse the other person of bias without any justification. You are completely unable to address any points in context.

You hold evolution as a theory to absurdly high standards, yet believe in god without any standards at all. You talk about long term evolution not being testable in a lab and use it as a premise to reject it, but then when it comes to your belief in god, is that testable in a lab? Can you confirm and demonstrate the existence of god and support it with more evidence than evolution? You would have a point if you could, but you simply can't. Faith overrides fact for you and you accept virtually every other scientific theory without question, but not evolution.

I have heard of it, but he is assuming that the taxonomy made up by humans is gospel. It assumes that evolution is true. That's why its fallacious. It doesn't prove anything, just humans trying to fit organisms into categories to fit a theory.

No, I'm assuming it is backed by facts, because it actually is. The gospel is NOT. LMAO @ claiming it's fallacious to agree with the most substantially backed theory in the history of science.

edit on 7 31 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You hold evolution as a theory to absurdly high standards, yet believe in god without any standards at all. You talk about long term evolution not being testable in a lab and use it as a premise to reject it, but then when it comes to your belief in god, is that testable in a lab? Can you confirm and demonstrate the existence of god and support it with more evidence than evolution? You would have a point if you could, but you simply can't. Faith overrides fact for you and you accept virtually every other scientific theory without question, but not evolution.

So the defense for your faith in the theory of evolution is to mock the beliefs of others?

I feel for ya man.. Maybe let go of the sinking ship and reconsider life?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So the defense for your faith in the theory of evolution is to mock the beliefs of others?

still waiting for that thread you said you were going to post. you told me you didnt want to derail the topic, so any day you feel like making front page news with your grand unified model of intelligent design, we are very interested to see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

still waiting for that thread you said you were going to post. you told me you didnt want to derail the topic, so any day you feel like making front page news with your grand unified model of intelligent design, we are very interested to see it.

The Gift of God is as Good as you can imagine. Why let me decide for you?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I don't think you believe what you posted yourself so call me a disbeliever.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

WHAT? Did you even read what I wrote? I'm pointing out the double standards in your reasoning as to whether you believe a claim or not. You use different standards for different claims and it's fallacious Evolution is based on the evidence I've given to you many many times, but you NEVER EVER address it, you dishonestly deflect and ignore the main points every single post.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

I don't think you believe what you posted yourself so call me a disbeliever.

Your opinion is worthless and you have no credibility so I don't care what you think.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your opinion is worthless and you have no credibility so I don't care what you think.

It's funny because evolution and the philosophy that ensues is literally a worthless opinion. If evolution is true, and all of this is an accident, then nothing matters. That includes your opinion. If evolution is true and origins is an accident, then all the human race will one day return to eternal dark nothingness forever. So if you actually believed in evolution, atheism and the like, you would stop giving your worthless opinion... Because according to your religion it is exactly that - worthless.

Evolution is based on the evidence I've given to you many many times, but you NEVER EVER address it, you dishonestly deflect and ignore the main points every single post.

Like never ever? haha. Remember how you always call me a liar, but can never pin-point where I am lying? I can actually show that you are now lying. I am sick of your libelous claims, especially when they are in caps locks. It's like an added cringe down my spine when I read your posts. But here's one of the many examples of me responding to your "evidence":

my response to the claim of homology proving evolution

Therefore, your claim that I "NEVER EVER address (the evidence)" is patently untrue. Sick of your lies. Sick of your caps lock. And I'm sick of your barcing.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's funny because evolution and the philosophy that ensues is literally a worthless opinion. If evolution is true, and all of this is an accident, then nothing matters. That includes your opinion. If evolution is true and origins is an accident, then all the human race will one day return to eternal dark nothingness forever. So if you actually believed in evolution, atheism and the like, you would stop giving your worthless opinion... Because according to your religion it is exactly that - worthless.

Once again you are blatantly wrong. Evolution and god are 2 different topics. If evolution is true it doesn't mean that god is not. I love how easily you get triggered over my response to Mr. Oneliner above who offers nothing whatsoever in any conversation and repeatedly breaks terms of service.

Like never ever? haha. Remember how you always call me a liar, but can never pin-point where I am lying? I can actually show that you are now lying. I am sick of your libelous claims, especially when they are in caps locks. It's like an added cringe down my spine when I read your posts. But here's one of the many examples of me responding to your "evidence"

LMFAO!!!! You just proved YOURSELF a liar again. I've called you out on so many lies over the years I can't even count it. Your post on homology refuted absolutely NOTHING. You just said that humans couldn't have evolved from chimps because chimps have a longer genome, and I offered a substantial rebuttal which you 100% ignored. You didn't address any papers posted related to homology, you just made up silly irrelevant red herrings and excuses.

Stop lying and misrepresenting science. It's hilarious how delusional you and Quad are with your fake accusations and victim playing. Grow up and address the topic and post I made or don't bother responding.

edit on 8 2 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Where is this leading to Barcs? You want to create a super specie out of those who evolved from fish?

Why is it your way of educating is calling people liars until they repeat what you say?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join