It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizen Detained For Weeks, Nearly Deported By Immigration Officials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Galicia, 18, was in a van with his brother Marlon and three other high school friends on June 27. They were on their way to Houston for a recruitment event when they were stopped at a border patrol checkpoint in Falfurrias, Texas — about 50 miles from home and within the corridor of the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector.

Officials wanted to know their legal status. Their answers varied.

Two of them were immediately cleared but Galicia's 17-year-old brother and another boy, were in the country illegally. They were detained.

When officials questioned Galicia, he told them he was born in Dallas. He also produced a Texas ID, a social security card and a copy of a wallet-sized birth certificate.

Source

Oh look, what everyone said was going to happen is happening. ICE is now rounding up anyone that looks Hispanic and deporting them. Of course this will probably get better. I mean I'm sure Trump's new order that allows for expedited deportation won't see any US citizens kicked out of the country.

Let's ask Julio Ovalle what his thoughts are on this new policy. He was only wrongfully deported and then kidnapped by the cartels. I'm sure he can speak very highly of ICE and their thoroughness on validating a person's citizenship.
Source

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

nice try
interesting that you left out this portion

She explained confusion over Galicia's nationality stemmed from a tourist visa issued when he was a child and the fact that his mother used an assumed name on Francisco's birth certificate.

perhaps if his mother hadn't falsified documents his verification period would have been much less

or are you advocating out leos not verify documents?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

This absolutely sounds like a concrete case of a 100% American Citizen without any doubt what so ever doing 100% perfectly legal things, and their is not a single reason to suspect any funny business what so ever. Clearly Trump is racist and every Hispanic American living in Vermont should now be afraid.

edit on 7/26/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: probably for racist reasons...

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sure. Let's blame the mom and not the fact that ICE agents didn't follow proper protocol.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

lol
sure
everybodys mom falsifies their documents to make them appear to be mexican citizens
lolololol

nice choice defending falsifying documents
hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
edit on 26/7/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Bwhahaha.

Dont let facts get in the way of a good story..

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

nice try
interesting that you left out this portion

She explained confusion over Galicia's nationality stemmed from a tourist visa issued when he was a child and the fact that his mother used an assumed name on Francisco's birth certificate.

perhaps if his mother hadn't falsified documents his verification period would have been much less

or are you advocating out leos not verify documents?

You're ruining a finely crafted image, damn you.

Nobody read the quoted post. Just read the OP, get mad and get on the abolish ICE open borders train.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

... the fact that ICE agents didn't follow proper protocol.

What is the protocol ICE agents violated?

The 18-year old's birth certificate that he provided had his mother's "assumed name" - if I saw a discrepancy in the birth certificate and information I had at my disposal as an ICE agent, that would raise a red flag. The tourist visa also so. What protocol was not followed?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Yes or no. Were these people US citizens?

Yes or no. Were these people given ample opportunity to prove they were US citizens?

That should be all that matters. The fact that we're now detaining/deporting US citizens for no reason other than their skin color proves that the system is fundamentally broken.

link   
If border security and integrity had of been maintained from the start this wouldn’t have happened.
Sadly to fix the fuster cluck that has been allowed to grow there will be mistakes and accidents.

330+ illegal immigrants have been convicted of child sex offences in Texas alone over the past few years and that’s the ones who have been caught.
How many murders have illegals committed, how much drugs have they brought in, how much welfare has wasted on these people when it could have gone to needy US citizens?

And I’m sure this bloke was aware of his friends and families status, isn’t it a crime to not report criminals?

edit on 26/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If they posted the actual facts they wouldn't post the story.
Is it shocking that someone was detained until their actual identity was revealed?
Isn't that what we want our leos to do?

Their bs "narrative" requires attempting to leave valid facts out.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The 18-year old's birth certificate that he provided had his mother's "assumed name" - if I saw a discrepancy in the birth certificate and information I had at my disposal as an ICE agent, that would raise a red flag. The tourist visa also so. What protocol was not followed?

great question

nothing to do with "skin color" as some would have you believe

sounds like something ole crazy eyes would tweet

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh...my...god. Hispanics being rounded up on a border with a country that is Hipanic. What do you want...an equal amount of blacks asians and some eskimos for good measure? Geezus.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Another fake story from NPR 💥😎💥

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh no, it is a real story.
It highlights the real world consequences for falsifying documents.
Tho that is not the portion npr and the op would have you focus on.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"...ICE is now rounding up anyone that looks Hispanic and deporting them..."

Can we get a source for that data please?
Because I have neither seen, nor read, nor even heard of such a thing occurring until just now.

Also, I'm sure there were a few details about this story, perhaps pertinent, that were left out of your OP. I'll list a few:

"...confusion over Galicia's nationality stemmed from a tourist visa issued when he was a child and the fact that his mother used an assumed name on Francisco's birth certificate..."
"After he was born, they went back to Mexico and she couldn't fix the birth certificate," Galan said. So, in order to travel back and forth as a family, she obtained a tourist visa for her U.S.-born son, claiming he had been born in Mexico...."

Interesting how those very things could have obstructed or impeded a thorough and just investigation for the facts. One can only wonder...

"Generally, situations including conflicting reports from the individual and multiple birth certificates can, and should, take more time to verify," the emailed statement said..."

Well gee...who would've thunk it?

(Sources: Your link)

I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Fake news gets you guys every time or you willingly fall for it. Either way, this is just another example of why you guys take so much flak on this site. You don't have the MSM here to censor us to hide the actual truth.
edit on 26-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm sure these boys were being 100% cooperative with the agent's. Like usual we have leftist grasping at the weakest of straw's trying to push their agenda. Running interference for criminals...

I wonder if they will retract their BS once the whole story comes to light. Because statistically speaking it's not ICE that is endangering children.
It's their parents...

"Commence operation child endangerment!"
edit on 26-7-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Fake news gets you guys every time or you willingly fall for it. Either way, this is just another example of why you guys take so much flak on this site. You don't have the MSM here to censor us to hide the actual truth.

First of all, I believe you're replying to the wrong poster. I'm consistently critical of the MSM and fake news...

Secondly, who is "you guys"?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yep, was meant for the OP. My apologies and you guys are referring to posters that leave out key facts in a story to paint a different narrative.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join