It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 years in prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Works for me.
The baby probably wouldn't care, not that we can ask it...

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Bluntone22

He’s going to jail for the rest of his life. What’s the problem?

Waste of resources.

Resources that could be put towards helping contributing members of society. He should be shot like the rabid dog he is.

$5 in bullets/$20 in electricity versus 60 years of tax money to house him.

Put him down.

Bow and arrow. Arrows are re-usable....

edit on 26-7-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

He’s going to jail for the rest of his life. What’s the problem?

It cost like $40k/yr to keep this nutball alive... just take him out back and double tap him. get it over with.

What is the point of keeping someone in a cage for decades? If the crime is that bad, just kill him and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I’m not opposed to that in some cases.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I’m not opposed to that in some cases.

I don't believe in life without parole sentences. If the crime is so bad it requires keeping you in jail till you die, then the death penalty is warranted. I'd argue life without parole is more cruel.

I don't get keeping people in jail for 20+ years. Just seems silly to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

but the electric chair is needed in this situation.

wiki

its use is in decline due to the rise of lethal injection, which is widely believed to be a more humane method of execution

Stupid waste of money. Ugh...

Just think of all those 'for profit" goods he'll be producing for the Prison Industrial Complex.

What money is that?

The quantitative easing, printing of fake dollars, or raising the debt level?

I thought by now ATS'ers were aware that there is always money to go around - just enough to keep middle America closer to the struggling bread line, and the economy chugging along.

MSM Bread & circuses

Fret not - Barr has lowered the Bar - and all will be good in the land of the Free and ....( fill in the blanks....)

( I'm so confused - Q says some have already been punished off books by Military tribunals like George Bush and McCain and "suicide'd" by lethal injection. see gumshoenews.com...)

But Santa's coming early this Xmas.....

www.irishtimes.com...

But on Thursday, the Department of Justice announced it would be resuming executions. “The justice department upholds the rule of law – and we owe it to the victims and their families to carry forward the sentence imposed by our justice system,” Barr said.
Five death row inmates have already been identified as the first in line, and executions will begin in December

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I dont care if they poke him with a rusty nail and let him die from tetanus.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I dont want to pay to feed and house him

You dont - your tax $ go into a kitty and get sloshed around and distributed for all sorts of goodies like the MIC and paying for $30,000 toilets and creating better weapons to keep your population in check.

Lookie here nothings changed in 35 years...

$37 screws, a $7,622 coffee maker, $640 toilet seats; : suppliers to our military just won’t be oversold
By JACK SMITH
JULY 30, 1986
www.latimes.com...

Cancerous: What One Expert Called U.S. Military Spending. That's Wrong.
July 21, 2019
nationalinterest.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'd argue life without parole is more cruel.

You raise a good point - how far have we sunk as a society to want people to have long suffering incarceration.

Justice walks a fine balance between punishment and cruelty.

Whilst I have reservations about the death penalty as we've seen horror judgements overturned by forensic DNA, should we be calling for cruel long slow death; no matter what the severity of the crime, the victims and their survivors can never really get a fair outcome. How do you measure the pain felt?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I dont care if they poke him with a rusty nail and let him die from tetanus.

Dont worry "The State" has got you covered...

You do know that they try to heal death row inmates that are sick, just in time for the electric buzz so they're coherent.

www.latimes.com...

knows the state intends to execute him for committing a murder, but a series of strokes and other ailments have left him incontinent, barely able to walk and unable to recall the crime itself. So the question for the court is whether it is acceptable to execute someone who knows he was convicted of murder but can’t remember what he did. This is how far into surrealism our death penalty system has fallen

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Cant fix stupid

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What you misunderstanding is the our justice system is configure to be a certain way for reason. It's better to have life in prison instead of the death penalty for two reasons. Getting old is pure suffering so why let the murderer get off easy! And second, the problem with the death penalty is people many times convict an innocent person for whatever reason:

"The study, published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences determined that at least 4% of people on death row were and are likely innocent. Gross has no doubt that some innocent people have been executed."

One in 25 is innocent study shows

I get it. The desire for revenge and justice is a very strong emotion. But what if you are the one guy in 25!!!!!!!!

edit on 26-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The purpose is for judges to make their sentencing records speak louder than they are.
A big thing with judges is how many man-years of incarceration they have handed out. It has the ability to make them appear tough on crime.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Should be executed within 6 months.

Imagine his guy in jail demanding dental, a conjugal visit, some college courses.

And liberals be like this multiple murderer deserves all of it.

Now everyone chip in..

Ha ha ha yeah right.

I

top topics

<< 1   >>

join