It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intel Report: Russia 'exploited the seams' in US election security defenses in 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: vor78

Laws in themselves do not prevent, just as laws do not prevent murder.

Buts laws to strengthen our election system, on the other hand...

Yes, you're right. And we need to work to ensure that our elections are secure at all levels and from interference both foreign and domestic.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We should elect people with integrity. Agreed. Or with the most integrity as possible.

Instead of creating more laws, why not just elect people with integrity?

Hard to do when the process itself is vulnerable to exploitation. That is one of the points.

And why the integrity of the process itself is so important and should be addressed, as reported today.

link   

Who are you, Rand Paul? You want Term Limits for elected officials or something? How will all the illiterate low information voters make their selection on the ballot when they dont recognize the candidates name as a "sight word". Cant change the names too much or it will confuse the voter!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This s# happened under Obama's nose.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Who are you, Rand Paul? You want Term Limits for elected officials or something?

I think Trump actually initially campaigned on that point. One of the very few things on which I agreed with him.

Haven't heard anything else about it in a couple years though.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I get that you like freedom, are you a libertarian? I used to be, as well, and still have some libertarian streaks. My opinion now is that not acting to defend our elections makes one complicit in the interference.

Okay.

Short of grabbing my musket and standing in front of election headquarters to shoot "muh Russians" what do you suggest?

Should I just "care" more?

Maybe shed a tiny tear?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: darkbake

This s# happened under Obama's nose.

And it's happening now, too, and no one is doing a damned thing about it.

That is the point.

It's non-partisan, and it affects is all.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes, very disappointed that topic never gains traction.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Who are you, Rand Paul? You want Term Limits for elected officials or something? How will all the illiterate low information voters make their selection on the ballot when they dont recognize the candidates name as a "sight word". Cant change the names too much or it will confuse the voter!

Rand Paul is just another DC poser.

pfft.

I'd like term limits alright for all politicians.

20 years in the state pen and no time off for good behavior. That's the "term" I'd like to see.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Self-deleted post.
edit on 25-7-2019 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I would suggest writing to your representatives and asking them to increase election security. This is actually a cool link on how to get involved in the Democratic process more. You could just focus on your state, even, to try and eat off a more reasonable chunk of the problem.

USA Today
edit on 25pmThu, 25 Jul 2019 19:58:52 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I would suggest writing to your representatives and asking them to increase election security. This is actually a cool link on how to get involved in the Democratic process more.

USA Today

Sure!

Because politicians always listen and they "care".

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would suggest writing to your representatives and asking them to increase election security. This is actually a cool link on how to get involved in the Democratic process more.

USA Today

Sure!

Because politicians always listen and they "care".

Does that mean we shouldn't even try?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Try?

Try what?

Try to wish spines into our political overlords?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I would suggest writing to your representatives and asking them to increase election security. This is actually a cool link on how to get involved in the Democratic process more. You could just focus on your state, even, to try and eat off a more reasonable chunk of the problem.

USA Today

I’m already on a committee with our local government.

I know how sausage is made, why do you think I’m so god-damned cynical?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

To use your voice?

To express to those who are supposed to represent you how you feel?

Isn't that the point in a democracy, in our Republic?

Or is silence the answer, let them do what they want while we remain apathetic.

Is that our America?

It shouldn't be, but it's becoming it...

edit on 25-7-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I do use my voice.

The problem arises when people fail to listen.

*shrugs*

C'est la vie!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What a document. It almost sounds like nonsense chalked full of weasel words: “probably”, “potentially”, “May have”.

It’s all fake, educated guesswork!

There is no longer an intelligence community, but a conspiracy theory community, and they should stay the hell away from the election system and remember it is governed and protected at the state not the federal level.

Garbage, garbage, garbage.

edit on 25-7-2019 by BuckyWunderlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Meanwhile: China has been spending billions of dollars every year to indoctrinate US citizens via Confucius academies.

Li, it now seems, was right to exult. More than a decade after they were created, Confucius Institutes have sprouted up at more than 500 college campuses worldwide, with more than 100 of them in the United States—including at The George Washington University, the University of Michigan and the University of Iowa. Overseen by a branch of the Chinese Ministry of Education known colloquially as Hanban, the institutes are part of a broader propaganda initiative that the Chinese government is pumping an estimated $10 billion into annually, and they have only been bolstered by growing interest in China among American college students.

www.politico.com...

But certainly, it is the Russians we need to worry about.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

USA Today

have you done all this yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join