It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Trump end up in front of a presidential seal doctored to include a Russian symbol?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The golf clubs in the talon finishes out the troll quite nicely.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am relieved to hear that this has been explained away as an honest mistake by the A/V person who was asked to make a change to the background images at the last minute.

From the article you linked:

Trump appears in front of doctored seal with Russian and golf imagery, TPUSA aide fired

"One of our video team members did a Google Image search for a high-res png (file) presidential seal," a source familiar with the incident said, adding that the individual "did the search and with the pressure of the event, didn't notice that it is a doctored seal."

I feel bad for the A/V person at the center of this controversy, if it was indeed an honest mistake (I have no reason to doubt that at this time), but you need to be careful what you find on the Internet. "Trust but verify" comes to mind.

I wish the A/V person good luck in the future and hopefully this incident doesn't hound them forever. Mistakes happen. Learn from them and do better in the future.
edit on 25-7-2019 by BomSquad because: grammer and added link to original story

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

"I didn't know."

Bulls#.

Nobody else noticed either?

Equally bulls#.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Sometimes people can get tunnel vision and focus on the wrong details. I've seen it happen numerous times, especially in high stress situations with limited time. This was a change that was evidently asked for at the "last minute" (figuratively) and people can overlook the details if it generally looks correct. Especially if they are searching for the Seal of the POTUS and not for a spoof of it.

Sometimes you see what you expect to see, whether that is what is actually there or not.

Unless it comes out that this A/V person is a hard line democrat, I see no evidence to doubt the official explanation.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the bigger question is why is this news. Oh I know, to distract from the embarrassment the MSM just experienced with that Mueller hearing.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Trump trolls people all the time. So someone did it to him? Big deal.

He only responds to trolls. People without any class attack him FIRST, then when he responds in like fashion they go into uncontrollable spaz-tastic fits that last for YEARS while pretending it's all Trump's doing.

Remember what type of folks you're dealing with when mentioning those on the losing end of Trump's responses--the greatest hypocrites who ever walked on the face of the Earth.

You’re telling me that Trump has never tweeted about someone unprovoked? Yeah I don’t buy that one bit. At least be honest about the situation. He talks a lot of #.

Yeah after being always attacked first, and always with false accusations that always backfire on the accusers, (whom never apologize when wrong), Trump starts going on the offense.

And when he does that, all those trolls who defamed him in the beginning pretend Trump's new attacks are unprovoked and undeserved.

These people never show an ounce of humility or integrity of any kind while telling the world only Trump is doing any wrong.
It is quite pathetic.

And please tell me when Trump attacked someone without the person he's attacking having first defamed Trump in some way.
edit on 25-7-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Trump trolls people all the time. So someone did it to him? Big deal.

He only responds to trolls. People without any class attack him FIRST, then when he responds in like fashion they go into uncontrollable spaz-tastic fits that last for YEARS while pretending it's all Trump's doing.

Remember what type of folks you're dealing with when mentioning those on the losing end of Trump's responses--the greatest hypocrites who ever walked on the face of the Earth.

You’re telling me that Trump has never tweeted about someone unprovoked? Yeah I don’t buy that one bit. At least be honest about the situation. He talks a lot of #.

Then link an instance, please.

I'm waiting...

You'll just find an elaborate excuse or move the goal post... Making showing you anything is moot,; there's no convincing you of anything

Hard to convince decent people of anything when it's just lies and dishonesty you're selling them.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: entermemo

Haha it really is hilarious how each side believe it's in the right and everything the other side do is wrong, when the reality is there's only one side, and yous don't even know who they are, it is funny, really funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

When an AV person picks the Presidential seal off the internet, prints or projects it on a large scale, and doesn't notice the details, they are a poor excuse for an AV person and should be fired. The "explanation" is a cover up to save face because no one else bothered to check, either.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
If the attacks on Trump and by extension the office of POTUS weren’t constant and really old now this would be pretty funny.

Hope whoever did it is found out and they have the book thrown at them

I suspect if someone didn't already lose their job over this, it will be happening shortly.

Yup...if I was a betting man there will be job openings opening up on the federal job sight...Hope they enjoyed there plush fed job while it lasted as once you pull something like that you just ruined yourself to state and federal govts....

Like we used to say in the Corps: All fun and games until you lose a eye....

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Any offence to the president is now a capital offense.
Or at least a life sentence.
That's the status he holds around here. Not president but king or emperor. or even demigod. It's sickening.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

See the thing is people with class would not comment at all. And people with class would not be goaded into responding to childish taunts. Because they are above that.
I think you get what I am getting at.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

See the thing is people with class would not comment at all. And people with class would not be goaded into responding to childish taunts. Because they are above that.
I think you get what I am getting at.

So may I ask you a 3rd grade question silly?

Are you are you not by your above comment stating that you have no class?

Just curious as I haven't seen anyone in a very long time insert there foot as far as you just did!

Think I would take a breather from POLITICS for a while and maybe recipes again?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know and I don't care.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: richie221

what is the point of commenting on this if you "dont know, or care"??

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When I was designing graphics for a website and a series of catalogs, I would occasionally use tricks of perspective in my composite photos. Inverting the front and back perspective of certain details was one of my favorite tricks. They would go completely unnoticed and I considered that to be the signature of my work, as I was given no credit for putting together the material. In my case it was minor details meant to go unnoticed, but that one is way over the top!

It isn't so much the fault of the person who used that graphic, but who ever supervised it and gave the OK to use it. Most of the time graphics will eventually get used out of context or in situations they weren't intended for and become out of the control of the original designer. That was an extreme example though.
edit on 25-7-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Any offence to the president is now a capital offense.
Or at least a life sentence.
That's the status he holds around here. Not president but king or emperor. or even demigod. It's sickening.

Hyperbole, much?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trumps balls get broken constantly,
I’m all for hanging crap on politicians but it gets a bit much when it’s constant and done with malice.

Awww, poor baby. I'd tell you I have sympathy for a politician but that wouldn't even be remotely believable.

Mocking an American symbol to me went a bit far, it went beyond mocking Trump.
Attacks on America shouldn’t be allowed to become normalised or be considered socially acceptable.

There's this thing called 'free expression', it's in this other thing called 'The Constitution', part of free speech/expression is realizing you aren't going to agree with everything (or anything) someone else says or does but you recognize they have the right to that opinion.

Oh FART.

You know there is a big difference between idiots mocking Trump, disagreeing with Trump or opposing Trump and actively vandalising a presidential emblem. That's is something new and should be offensive to most. Seems it's all fun and games, depending on the target of the hur hur...

I'd bet that even YOU would have words to say to some punk who disagreed with you in your place of work, had they replaced your company logo with a replica with a penis hidden in it.

Or maybe not, who knows.

edit on 26-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It wasn’t Trump they attacked, it was a symbol of the US

The '45' part was a direct reference to Trump. But even if that wasn't there, so what?

I assume the most laws possible is a sacking and a shaming, if he broke an actual law then I have no issue with them being punished to the fullest extent

No laws were broken.

Yeah... where I live, defacing money is a criminal offence.

It's funny actually, in this respect. I'd rather have respect for these things, than respect those that disrespect it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join