It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Picard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I had goosebumps watching the trailer. The next second after Picard says “I don’t want the game to end”, I felt my heartbeat. Also, Jeri Ryan...OMG WOW.

I feel like crying now.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Data got faaaaaaatttt.
And I'm not sure how I feel about a sassy seven of nine

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
ditto

When this started, my son was 5 years old. Now he is 35...... Age conquers all.

edit on 21-7-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just may get CBS Access for this, Discovery not so much.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This one might actually be good enough to watch.
Still, it all depends on how PC it's going to get. Not even Data and Picard can save us from PC Trek.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Discovery was the reason I got CBS Access but it got boring and not Trekkie at all, so I cancelled. Picard got to be a lot better.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wow! Thank you for posting this! Looks awesome!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

Still, it all depends on how PC it's going to get. Not even Data and Picard can save us from PC Trek.

It was always PC.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hmmm. Back in the day you could just turn on the TV and watch TNG with a set of rabbit ears. When they wonder why this failed they will not have to look any farther than the fact that they are asking people to directly pay for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Go re-watch the first couple seasons of TNG if you want PC crap

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I hope Data makes some sort of comeback. Maybe he's in the ether or whatever. Maybe the Borg stored him.

Think Spock.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

I'm kicking it around too.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can't wait for this.

This will likely be the last thing we see Patrick Stewart do.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I hope Data makes some sort of comeback. Maybe he's in the ether or whatever. Maybe the Borg stored him.

Think Spock.

Try watching the trailer will ya..

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What did Patrick Stewart say when he was about to get married?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Think Spock.

Try watching the trailer will ya..

I tried, but it says video unavailable.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
What did Patrick Stewart say when he was about to get married?

'My father-in-law is five years younger than me... but calls me son'

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What rock have you been living under?? Trek has been PC since The Cage, FFS.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

There is PC and there is PC.

When you have an engaging reason for the PC to exist in the story, then it's acceptable. When you make something PC just because you think it ought to be that way and for no other reason, it's "get woke, go broke" -- see the Ghostbusters reboot.

The world of Star Trek was built in such a way that you could suspend your disbelief and go with the PC that existed. Things like everyone having whatever they wanted, but everyone still working for the sheer joy of it and yet it all worked out Utopian well. They crafted that world well enough to sell it even though we all know what lazy SOBs the majority of people are and everyone would create Cheetos and weed and pretend they were discovering themselves as artists or guitar players and we all know it if we had such a world.

This could be very interesting. But we'll see.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Separate posts from my previous for a content reasons. I've watched the trailer a few times, and a few things stick out at me, some like neon signs.

#1 -- Hooded Mystery Girl (around 0:37) has been suggested to be Data's daughter, Lal, ressurected. I doubt that. One, she doesn't look like or remind me of Hallie Todd's Lal at ALL. Yeah, androids are in the position to be able to transfer to a new metal sack at any point, but this one just doesn't seem to all that likely to me. And two, three things are much more likely.

First, she could be a blossoming new Borg queen/manufactured Frankenqueen if they changed the methods for putting one in place or someone tried to put one in place from the outside. Not too likely, IMO, though. More likely than being Lal, but still not that likely overall. Why bother with a convoluted way when you can just assimilate one.

Second, she could be anti-Borg virus Typhoid Mary like Icheb was, only gone waaaaay wrong. I think that has the most potential to it, considering the implied show theme (I'll get to that in a minute)

Third, and god I'm hoping, she could be Sela's daughter. I'm not sure to what storyline end here, but she would be a GREAT twist, and if she's running from Rommie Mommy, I'd lose my s# to see Denise Crosby back in the role as much as I'd lose my s# to see Q come back.

#2 -- Dem black dual-barrel phasers, sweeeeeet!

#3 -- Around 0:57, Romulan fighters???

#4 -- Immediately after potential Romulan fighters, Tal Shiar doing nefarious research on humanoid subjects?

#5 -- 1:02, "This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation" is in BOTH English and Romulan. And the RSE emblem is plastered all over the rail posts. Obviously a Romulan facility, and probably more likely Tal Shair than Star Navy. Getting blatant prison/internment camp vibes from this one, but not sure if freed Borg, or unwilling test subjects.

Also, if you look closely behind the armed guards standing watch, there's Borg regeneration alcoves.

#6 -- 1:07, total throwback to Who Watches The Watchers. Probably just an homage to the episode, and not a hint at the protoVulcan Mintakans or Mintaka III in general appearing, though.

#7 -- 1:08, damn, transporters have come a long way!

#8 -- 1:13, long-haired Romulan is a new one to digest, but I imagine if anyone left Romulan territory via the Reunificationist underground or any other means of an Out, they didn't keep the Empire's standard haircut.

#9 -- 1:25-ish, "she has no idea what she truly is" and 1:31, "She's the end of all, she's the destroyer" lends the nascent queen/Tyhpoid Mary ideas more merit, I'm just not sure which.

#10 -- 1:33, looks like the Romulans have themselves a cube toy to play with. Probably where their prison is, given those regeneration alcoves behind the guards.

#11 -- 1:42, sassy Seven is a much improved Seven. She's had a few decades to become comfy with being human and acting like one, so it wasn't entirely unexpected on many Trekkies' part (mine included) if the role was ever reprised.

#12 -- 2:00, Data or B-4? My money is on B-4's body, with either Data's, er, uploaded data still fleshing itself out all these years later, or Picard's on a holodeck playing cards. Either is very possible.

I will say the digital de-aging done to Spiner is way better than I expected, but it probably isn't Final Release polished yet. OR, the visual differences are to literally distinguish B-4's appearance from Data's, and it's exactly as it they wanted him to look.

So, my takeaway from this short teaser is that it's obviously surrounding the Romulans and Borg. Now, the show's staff is already well known to have been meeting with Star Trek: Online's staff, and if that's the case, they obviously were going over the Romulan-Borg research arc. That arc had a hell of a lot of potential, and if they're expanding on it in this show, it might knock our socks off.
And Sela damn well might show up at some point, she should be Empress or at least Praetor, by now (assuming minor deviations and not exact mirroring) anyway if the STO arc is being mirrored/followed even loosely.

Edit: Got a head of myself here and forgot about Seven and Picard teaming up. Who better to get into some anti-Borg business than 2 former drones who got very close to the queen?

2020, eh? I'm gonna drive myself nuts the next few months < sigh >
edit on 7/21/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join