It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread for the ladies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wow... I hear crickets.

Yes, men are powerless to all of it.

I, on the other hand am a twin to a girl, live in a matriarchal family, in a house of 5 women and 1 man.. and so therefore always run the mans piece.... but.

I have learned to survive.

Take from it what you will...

Most of the hunting is done by the female lion.

Fierce .

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
After more than 18 years of marriage, I have finally trained my husband. He watches the calendar and gives me a three day warning. He shops for the pads and tampons. He also stashes bottles of pamprin, midol, and Advil in all of the bathrooms and kitchen. When "D" day arrives, so do the snacks. He calls it "D" day....for DANGER! He claims I'm a walking, bitchy, deadly weapon for 5 days a month. Heating pads are available in my recliner and bed.

Our daughter has now hit that age. She isn't regular yet, but he provides the supplies for her also.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
a reply to: Lumenari

SAAAAA-WEEET

Fierce is fierce.

Dont spit on Superman's Cape and never cross a woman...

Isn't there a song or something....

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I have a twin brother. Growing up, he just steered COMPLETELY clear of me for a week every month, unless I asked him for help with math homework, and then he would say "yes" and get it over with as quickly as possible.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
After more than 18 years of marriage, I have finally trained my husband. He watches the calendar and gives me a three day warning. He shops for the pads and tampons. He also stashes bottles of pamprin, midol, and Advil in all of the bathrooms and kitchen. When "D" day arrives, so do the snacks. He calls it "D" day....for DANGER! He claims I'm a walking, bitchy, deadly weapon for 5 days a month. Heating pads are available in my recliner and bed.

Our daughter has now hit that age. She isn't regular yet, but he provides the supplies for her also.

Ok, that is a REAL MAN right there! Good training, sister! But seriously...a man that will purchase tampons for his lady, WITHOUT HER PRESENCE with him in the checkout line- that is a REAL man.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The fact that women only have these homocidal tendencies a few days a month is a testimony to their actual stability...

As a man, I can go from peace-loving friendly guy to a homocidal maniac if a screw goes in wrong, somebody driving too slow in front of me etc etc at any given moment of the month...lol

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ugh, I am sorry.

I completely hate how short-tempered I get, but I do turn into a total harpy. And I want to eat everything in sight too for about four or five days leading up to.

I think the worst thing is knowing that I'm short-tempered, and still being short-tempered. I hate being out of control, and that makes me angrier which completely doesn't help.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can remember when feminine hygiene products first started to be advertised in magazines & on TV! The horrors of watching TV with a boyfriend on date night & one of 'those' commercials came on!!! And back then, there were only big, bulky pads & BELTS, that never
stayed in place! And no plastic linings! There was plastic lined underwear though! No tampons either! You really couldn't horse ride
or run on the beach!

When you walk down 'that aisle' today, & see the plethora of products available, we really have come a long way baby! We live in the most
convenient time in history!

I was very lucky & never had the mood swings, but did have all the rest! And Aunt Flo, the beotch, would show up for every class trip or family
vacation, even if it was two weeks early! It never failed! No wonder why they call it the curse! And gals, it 'only' lasted for 40 years!
I was 54 when I finally won my freedom!

Happy period! 🤣
Ducks & runs out!
WOQ
edit on 19-7-2019 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

A real man there who buys maxi pads and tampons for his ladies.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I hadn't read your comment before I wrote my last post.We were both
on the same page.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
LMAO. That was fun to read again.

I have been lucky enough to have over 10 years of fairly stable bliss, thanks to a hysto. But I've been noticing some pretty heavy mood swings recently, so I went to the doctor. (Still have the ovaries) Seems I'm pre menopausal. So yea! The games begin again.

Helpful tip, when your in line at the grocery store and see an adorable 9 month old, that waves at you, and you start bawling, and your husband looks like he wants to run, you may want to go see the doctor. LOL just a bit embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Lol, sorry.

I’m basically the queen of period sex(not proud or ashamed of it, it’s just apparently a thing I’ve done with some boyfriends)... and also the queen of tmi. But I’m kinda like you in the way that by the time I actually get my period I feel pretty normal, with the exception of some mild cramping. I don’t have urges to kill people though. I get weepy and cry at cute things and my empathy becomes extreme.

Take care B!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

edit on 7-19-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Newt22

You know what helps with Bears during those lively times.... Testicles.

Get your man to stop bathing and urinate on his small clothes... rubbing testicle everywhere....

Keeps bears away I swear!

Thank you for the thought!

I will go to town tomorrow and get some testicles from someone pumping gas or hanging out at the local store and make a necklace of them.

~Wandering off to get some Kahlua~

Note to self: stay away from gas stations and stores for the next few days.

You're awesome, Lumenari!

edit on 7-19-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: Screwed up the reply the first time

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Whats ironic is the ex and I never talk but the girls who used to loathe each other/now adults are all facebook friends, and all in good relationships so maybe we didn't totally screw them up. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Kentuckymama

A real man there who buys maxi pads and tampons for his ladies.

Hey, that was one of things that let me know mine husband was going to be my husband.

I was stuck in a pentathlon and could not leave when guess what hit fully unexpectedly? My then boyfriend was willing to run across to the student union and buy the necessary item for me. That was one of the signs he was a keeper. He pulled through in what would otherwise have been a very embarrassing situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have sympathy for all of you ladies that must endure that experience. However, as a man with a sister and mom that synced up every month (including two non-spayed dogs that also synced) that was a walk through a serene field of clover compared to what menopause does to a woman. It is non-stop, 24/7 for about 1-2 years (if you are lucky). My wife is on year 4 of menopause now.

Good luck to you all. And please warn the men in your life, you may save the one you love.

And I guess I'm too evasive to have been killed yet, but you never know when she.........

edit on 7/19/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ugh, I am sorry.

I completely hate how short-tempered I get, but I do turn into a total harpy. And I want to eat everything in sight too for about four or five days leading up to.

I think the worst thing is knowing that I'm short-tempered, and still being short-tempered. I hate being out of control, and that makes me angrier which completely doesn't help.

This exactly.

I get short-tempered, realize I'm short-tempered, which pisses me off and the downward spiral continues...

My mother went through menopause in her late 60's, my grandmother had her last son when she was 62...

When Mom went through it we were thinking of just locking her in the barn and feeding her wine for a few years.

We would sneak Dad out sometimes and just keep him for a few days. It may have saved his life.

It's going to be a long haul for me.

blah.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As a man who is safe in his anonymity and an internet expert on "menstruation" I feel that it is my responsibility to give a scientific aspect to this.

Estrogen is Latin for "Evil". So women (otherwise known by the scientific term as "babes") are already inherently evil.

Try blaming one for a silent fart sometime and see where you get.

Really. I did try to blame my wife. We were the only two people in the house. We didn't even have pets then. No kids.

I walk into the room and the paint had peeled from the walls. The Fifth Circle of Hell had appeared then left because it smelled so bad.

Did I get an apology? Hell no.

I got a "What smell?"

By that time my eyes were bleeding and my lungs were filling with fluid so I could not really respond.

Anyway, yeah, they get cranky and have long fingernails for a reason.

I think it's for effective tearing of coupons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join