It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Dog, New Nose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
B--52 AESA Array

Boeing says it selected Raytheon to design, develop, produce and sustain the radars, which will be based on the company’s APG-79/APG-82 radar family used on the USAF’s F-15E fleet. Low rate initial production is scheduled to start in 2024 and the radar is intended to be used on the bomber fleet beyond 2050.

Should expand radar range quite a bit along with having LPI characteristics. Spends a lot less time switching between modes, and it will make new weapon integration quite a bit easier. I would guess there's to be at least a limited EA ability built in.
Makes the anti-shipping mission more interesting, though that isn't strictly speaking the reason for the upgrade. Hipe the BUFF gets a MADL or at least Link 16 in the upgrades.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Sexy beast.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I recall spending a few days at a campground near Rome NY back in the 90's. It was right at the end of the runway. Those B-52s would come in less than 100' over the campground, just over tree top height. Fantastic to watch during the day, but at night was no fun. You could sleep about 15 minutes at a time between approaches. LOL Unbelievable planes, they just keep going, and going....

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sexy beast

Dark colours are slimming...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Wide-Eyes beat me to it👍😊
Beyond 2050!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Sexy beast

Dark colours are slimming...

a reply to: Bigburgh
edit on 1572019 by Wide-Eyes because: For Big

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

cheers to you

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Pound for pound, the best aircraft ever built.

If you ever have a chance to go into a static displayed one, do it, worth the few dollars.

new topics

top topics

join