It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman shuns society, lives hobbit-esque lifestyle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I often weep while dreaming of leaving society and today was no different.

After waking up in yesterday's clothes, immediately followed by a sudden, brief, but devastating episode of simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting, I logged onto the internet and searched "leave society".

I found this story from 2012 about a Welsh woman who lives in a mud roundhouse that she made.

She keeps goats, chickens, and horses; she has a small garden and gathers fruit; she plays her harp; "modern technology" is banned at her home. Viewed through the watery, distortive effect of teardrops welling uncontrollably in my eyes, the words and images somehow distracted me enough to go on living even though nobody likes me and I'm a failure. It was almost 5 p.m., after all.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
e dit on 14/7/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Sounds pretty much like my retirement plan.

I'm off-grid and about 95% there...

The only thing still killing me is an irrational urge to get online and talk to people on ATS.

I need to fix that soon!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You're one of the good ones. Stick around.

edit on 14-7-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Since when do you have this irrational urge? Does it pass?

it's killing me as well!

How could we fix that?

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sounds pretty much like my retirement plan.

I'm off-grid and about 95% there...

The only thing still killing me is an irrational urge to get online and talk to people on ATS.

I need to fix that soon!!!!

ATS benefits from your words. There's plenty of other members who can take a hike off a cliff, myself included. You're one of the good ones, stick around

In my lurking and posting on ATS through the years I've noticed that all I thought were the good ones either eventually got banned or took a walkabout.

I don't like the thought of being banned and would not come back under another name because I think that's just chickensh!t.

But I came on here originally to see if I could possibly debate my ideas, change some minds, possibly get mine changed, learn things.

In politics, we are so divided now that there is no real debate anymore... it's just verbal sparring for no real reason other than an ego stroke. It's a race to the bottom now.

In the UFO and bigfoot realm, I have attempted to lead in to what I've seen and experienced and have been slammed down, called uneducated, been mocked and scorned.

Bigfoot, for instance?

I've interacted with 3... but do I want to talk about it?

No I really don't

Now I don't know anything about them and would like to just share an experience that I can't understand...but why bother with the responses?

UFOs?

I post a thought about them and a mere hint of one of my experiences and get...

As far as your claims. They are not credible in the slightest bit to me. I call shenanigans and i insist you prove them, or i will simply dismiss you as someone who can’t distinguish fantasy from reality. There are plenty of those people floating around making absurd claims without the means to back them up, or the education to convice me that you are credible.

My Stupid post

So... not going there either.

I love the short stories part of the site, but it was shut down for now because of ATS politics.

I have learned a lot about cooking from FCD, so that's something.

I do use the site for breaking news, as I have no tv subscription but that doesn't need any input from me.

On the other hand, I have a 3-4 year window where I can polish my company up, sell it off, come home forever with a nice little nest egg for the kids and do what I want to do... write.

There are less positives here now for me than there are negatives.

~shrug~

edit on 14-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Totally understood.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I often weep while dreaming of leaving society and today was no different.

You and me both.

We were joking recently with our kids about which one of us would go first -- their dad or me. Our kids think if I go first that their dad will turn into a full-on couch potato. But they think I'll go be a hermit somewhere and co-exist with the flora and fauna. They may be right

Viewed through the watery, distortive effect of teardrops welling uncontrollably in my eyes...

Darn blurry screens should come with an alert...

...the words and images somehow distracted me enough to go on living even though nobody likes me and I'm a failure.

Naw... I don't believe that. But even if I did, or even if you do, maybe you just need a new perspective. If the world thinks you're a failure, then you're probably doing things right. Popular opinion is vastly overrated. Your stars and flags show you have some friends here who obviously give you some credit. So give yourself some credit too... and some love.... and impress yourself!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You aren't a failure and that's not true - there are many that like you. I have read many of your posts in the past. You have qualities that others don't have, you are a one and an original. Sending you a hot cup of tea with a bucket of cookies (mixed assortment) and a puppy to fall asleep on your lap.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bigfoot, for instance? I've interacted with 3... but do I want to talk about it?

I think bigfoot is a lot like ghosts. Until you actually experience it, it is hard to fault people for not believing.
I'd like to think i'm open minded but I'm not sure I believed in ghosts until I saw one.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Bigfoot, for instance? I've interacted with 3... but do I want to talk about it?

I think bigfoot is a lot like ghosts. Until you actually experience it, it is hard to fault people for not believing.
I'd like to think i'm open minded but I'm not sure I believed in ghosts until I saw one.

Yet another thing I didn't believe in either till I personally experienced it.

But experiences on a conspiracy UFO/Bigfoot/Paranormal website shouldn't be actually discussed.

This place has lost it's way... which is a pity.

I can kinda understand why... plenty of attention whores/drama queens out there online that just want attention and it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

But there are stories and there are Truths...

And nobody can tell the difference anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Lumenari, I am nothing in comparison to you! Seriously!

You never cease to amaze me with your insight and wisdom!

If I have taught you even a single thing I am honored beyond words.

Here I thought I was the one learning from YOU! I look forward to every single one of your posts!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A paradigm shift is coming, one person could make a tremendous difference. You may be the one.

BTW I’d love to hear about your experiences with Bigfoot and UFO’s.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The only thing still killing me is an irrational urge to get online and talk to people on ATS. I need to fix that soon!!!!

If it ain't broke , don't fix it !!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hey I like you, I feel we should all reject this technology but here I am weakly continuing.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know so much about this kind of thing as a plan for something you're gonna do when you're old. This kind of thing just isn't much fun when you're in poor health. If you're young and energetic or middle aged and unusually healthy for your age, go for it. If you develop serious health problems you're gonna be in a world of hurt.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You never know what a difference one day can make. It's possible that you could wake up tomorrow feeling so much better. Stick around! Low points are a part of life. They feel so terrible while you're in them, but once you're out of the pit, you'll be glad you hung in there. Said a prayer for you, friend. 🙏💞

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jesus!!! Rose coloured glasses all round. So you want to "live off the grid". Great if your young and healthy, or even old and healthy. Buuut, you want a doctor, sorry your off the grid. Want the hospital, sorry your off the grid. Want a dentist, sorry your off the grid. Somebody attacks you and you want police, sorry your off the grid.
Shall I go on? Your all watching too much programs like Alaskan bush people.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Lumenari, I am nothing in comparison to you! Seriously!

You never cease to amaze me with your insight and wisdom!

If I have taught you even a single thing I am honored beyond words.

Here I thought I was the one learning from YOU! I look forward to every single one of your posts!

PPhhtt... you have mad cooking skills, an outlook on life I admire, you can relate your life experiences in a way that people can relate to and I look forward to every one of your posts as well.

Me? I'm just weird.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Jesus!!! Rose coloured glasses all round. So you want to "live off the grid". Great if your young and healthy, or even old and healthy. Buuut, you want a doctor, sorry your off the grid. Want the hospital, sorry your off the grid. Want a dentist, sorry your off the grid. Somebody attacks you and you want police, sorry your off the grid.
Shall I go on? Your all watching too much programs like Alaskan bush people.

If you live right you rarely need an actual doctor... you can take care of most things yourself with a little training.

I've set bones and done my own stitches.

If you do need an actual doctor for an appendectomy or something, make sure someone near where you live is trained.

I have a doctor, a nurse and a veterinarian within 5 miles of my house.

Of the three, I'd trust the veterinarian with any major surgery.

Dental work isn't a hard skill if you know how to make a natural local anesthetic, easily available to me in 4 different plants on my property. And more importantly, a natural antibiotic.

Somebody attacks me and mine?

Currently all the police would do in that situation would be to come take a statement and haul the body off.

Don't see that changing if the world ended... except I'd just prop the body up on one of my "no trespassing" signs.

You can go on all day long on how it's inconvenient or impossible.

All that means to me is that you can't do it.

Which is fine for me as well.

edit on 15-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Holy moly! I wasn't expecting this thread to get replies. I took a break from the web for a week. Let me catch up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join