It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Female Agenda Strikes Again - BOND 25 To See Black, Female Bond

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For some reason her last name seems appropriate

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe preemptive programming, lol, seriously !
The old school 007 is a little too " Trumpish " and for better or worse, there's something charismatic about that type of Male persona, the flawed, yet clever underdog Hero. The new progressive left, with a little help from Holly-wood, is casting it's " spell " , their new Hero is a woman of color !

They just better be careful, because we already know Women of color can kick ass, Kamala Harris, not so much ! Candice Owens, now she's a Hero !

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I actually don't mind this, I don't think James Bond could ever be a female character but I love the idea of a female 007 having to track him down. In my view each bond is actually a brand new 007, its a title that gets handed down in my head canon so for me I really like the idea of this plot.

I am actually a little gutted its been spoiled for me but I do like the sound of this, having to pull the old 007 out of retirement.

I don't really care if she is a women or not so long as she is talented enough to carry the title of 007 then I don't mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Lashana Lynch should stick with the successful Black Panther movies.

Is she related to former AG Loretta Lynch? That might explain the powerful connections.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lashana Lynch should stick with the successful Black Panther movies.

She wasn't in Black Panther, you might be thinking of Lupita Nyongo, Lynch was though in Captain Marvel so I get the confusion.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oooooooo, I think I found the new outrage de jour.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have not watched a single Bond film since they did away with Pierce Brosnan. Still my fav one was Die Another Day.

And, I won't be watching any more either.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

gotta say I loved Spectre!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

There is no female agenda, half of the world is female. It's okay.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Aye, all those hormones in the tap water have a lot to answer for. LoL

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's almost as if they are incapable of listening to the audience with all this bollocks.

No one friggen wants to see icons just randomly replaced, not to further a story, but just to appease a minority of self congratulating idiots that think diversity is taking over everything someone else has, rather than engaging into it.

I mean, where is wonderman? Batman had to have a batwoman (but it didn't replace him), superman had to have a supergirl (again, not a replacement). Why is there no counterpart for the female leads, or any effort to steal the position?

gah, this crap is doing my head in... I'm legit watching weirdo earth, where everything has cracked and the vision is all distorted... but it's ACTUAL REALITY....

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All I can say is "Not Interested."

Ticket sales will determine if it is a pass or fail.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Then why don't they develop the character Halle Berry played - Jynx? She might have become an interesting female lead in her own right instead of painting over 007 with a female coat of paint.

Because the thing is that no one hates strong female leads. Does anyone hate Ellen Ripley, for example? But Ellen Ripley isn't replacing any other type of lead as a paint over. She is her own character developed specifically to be who she is and who she become. She's an original character, and people love her for that reason.

That's what these Hollywood types don't get. The characters they are painting over are loved for being who and what they are. They're people (fictional, yes, but people), and their fans love them for being who and what they are. You can't just change up variables to a person and have them be the character very well. Occasionally it can work, but it's not a plug and play formula.
edit on 14-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24485842]Atsbhct[/

The "Trans Agenda" begs to differ...if that agenda had its way, we'd all be "female" by the end of the year...

edit on 14-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A female James Bond.

Licensed to make killer sandwiches.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Then why don't they develop the character Halle Berry played - Jynx? She might have become an interesting female lead in her own right instead of painting over 007 with a female coat of paint.

Erm...I don't remember Halle Berry starring in Bond (with Craig as Bond). Think that was another black woman, a British actor...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Erm...I don't remember Halle Berry starring in Bond (with Craig as Bond). Think that was another black woman, a British actor...

She didn't. She was in one with Pierce Brosnan, but she was a strong female character. I'd have listed Michelle Yeoh because she played a similar strong type, but she was a Chinese agent, so making a spin off with her character would be a little tougher.

I also listed the Jynx spin-off because there were rumors about it for a while.
edit on 14-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Skin color is irrelevant. But turning Bond into a woman show's they are pushing a SJW narrative. Clearly nothing was learned from Ghostbusters. This actually raises more questions.

Will she be a lesbian?
What about Miss Moneypenny?
Will she use a Walther?
What kind of car will she drive?

Not really looking forward to watching another 90 pound woman beat up 250 pound Navy seals with ease to appease a loud group of radical feminists...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Cultural misappropriation?

I cant wait for wonder woman to be trans. Get that Hempsworth dude to play it. Anyway...guess ticket sales arent taken into account nowadays when making a film.

The current Wonder Woman actor (I forget her name) does already look a bit..."off"... Who knows...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

She didn't. She was in one with Pierce Brosnan, but she was a strong female character. I'd have listed Michelle Yeoh because she played a similar strong type, but she was a Chinese agent, so making a spin off with her character would be a little tougher.

I also listed the Jynx spin-off because there were rumors about it for a while.

Sorry, my bad. Been a long time since I've actually seen the older Bonds...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join