It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denisovans & Mystery Of Gobleki Tepe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza

I get now that you weren’t attempting to push a specific narrative and were working with what you knew so I do apologize if I was overly harsh in my initial responses. Like i said earlier, there are numerous people on ATS who have studied these topics professionally and are a great source of information and are usually happy to point someone in the right direction. Unfortunately for someone like you who is genuinely curious, some of us are a little jaded when we see names like Sitchin and Hancock being used to support an idea. There are posters like Byrd who have an extensive background in Egyptology, Harte can run circles around me regarding the ancient Near East. If you want to know about Pleistocene hominids like Neanderthal, European Heidelbergensis or Denisovans then if I don’t know off the top of my head, ive got the resources sitting on my bookshelf and am always happy to help explore those areas. It’s good for me too because new papers are constantly being published so it pushes me to keep on top of things.

If you continue to keep an open mind and hunger for facts, you’re in the right place.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Vhedza

I get now that you weren’t attempting to push a specific narrative and were working with what you knew so I do apologize if I was overly harsh in my initial responses. Like i said earlier, there are numerous people on ATS who have studied these topics professionally and are a great source of information and are usually happy to point someone in the right direction. Unfortunately for someone like you who is genuinely curious, some of us are a little jaded when we see names like Sitchin and Hancock being used to support an idea. There are posters like Byrd who have an extensive background in Egyptology, Harte can run circles around me regarding the ancient Near East. If you want to know about Pleistocene hominids like Neanderthal, European Heidelbergensis or Denisovans then if I don’t know off the top of my head, ive got the resources sitting on my bookshelf and am always happy to help explore those areas. It’s good for me too because new papers are constantly being published so it pushes me to keep on top of things.

If you continue to keep an open mind and hunger for facts, you’re in the right place.

Thank you...I'm happy to be in good company.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't want to let this thread go without pointing out one very mind-blowing connection we have with Denisovans.

They invented the name "Denis," from which we get "Dennis" and Denise."

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You know that some people are actually going to believe that right? lol

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
I don't want to let this thread go without pointing out one very mind-blowing connection we have with Denisovans.

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

You're
😂😂😂 killing me
To
Death

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

You're
😂😂😂 killing me
To
Death

Can't laugh, can't live.

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ask me about Homo Erectus.

Harte

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ask me about Homo Erectus.

Harte

Was that your cognomen in college?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

ROFL....

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

Hey, apparently they were speaking Indo-European and Dennis is from an ancient European source, so why not?

Seriously though, for a great catch up on early humans and their migrations New Scientist just did a superb collection of essays and articles on the subject:

thecollection.newscientist.com...

I really enjoyed it. It's such a fascinating (and ever shifting) story in itself, it's pretty sad people have to invent crap that just adds confusion.

Also, check out the recent BBC4 two parter on the Neanderthals (if you can get hold of it) - all the latest research plus Andy Serkis bringning them to life.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

The New Scientist’s “From Ape to Human” is a great resource and I agree that everyone should read it. I’ll defi check out the BBC piece on Neanderthal if for yes other reason than to see Andy Serkis take on the role. Thanks for the suggestion!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

Amazing, isn't it?

Harte

Hey, apparently they were speaking Indo-European and Dennis is from an ancient European source, so why not?

Seriously though, for a great catch up on early humans and their migrations New Scientist just did a superb collection of essays and articles on the subject:

thecollection.newscientist.com...

I really enjoyed it. It's such a fascinating (and ever shifting) story in itself, it's pretty sad people have to invent crap that just adds confusion.

Also, check out the recent BBC4 two parter on the Neanderthals (if you can get hold of it) - all the latest research plus Andy Serkis bringning them to life.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks again...Much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Andrew Collins has always had a little too much "ancient superior Aryan race" stuff in his pitch for my tastes.

Swiderians (supposedly)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Andrew Collins has always had a little too much "ancient superior Aryan race" stuff in his pitch for my tastes.

Swiderians (supposedly)

Yeah...Those are the Pics he was using in the Denisovan discussion.

Didnt want to just assume that it was motivated by anything other than the evidence, and not knowing any better, I just accepted as what the evidence showed.

<< 1  2   >>

join