It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Solution to the Census Debacle - GENIUS!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TheRedneck

I dislike this, though that has everything to do with forward thinking precedent and nothing to do with the POTUS' intentions here (which I agree 100% with in this case). Does this open the door for a future POTUS to EO data about individual gun ownership records, health records, tax records, etc? I mean, I'm not doe eyed enough to believe the White House hasn't in the past done exactly that... hell, we know Obama collected all types of data on his "enemies" while in the White House, including IRS data, but he had reasons to be cautious enough to not actually use that as support for new laws or policies. This would seem to open the door, even a crack, for a future POTUS to say "the SCOTUS won't let me ask if there's a firearm in the household on this Census or ACS, so I'll EO that data from the FBI, ATF. and other sources and extrajudiciously compile the lists in house."

Exactly!!! This sets a terrible precedent and is COMPLETELY not worth it. There is NO QUESTION that this sets the precedent for HORRIBLE abuses in the future with the dems and will certainly play out that way! They will stop at nothing and this gives them EXACTLY what they need in the future. The sought after result of this is totally not worth the future catastrophes that will come from it. I really can’t believe this is happening. Absolutely terrible, terrible move and it blows my mind that anyone can’t see this!!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So damn scary! I mean brother, you are absolutely hitting the nail on the freakin’ head! I just don’t understand at all how people aren’t seeing this !!! This sets an absolutely TERRIBLE precedent and it’s going to come back and bite the American people on the ass in an absolutely terrible way l! Absolutely terrible man!!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Great post my friend. (S/F)
I agree, one of his best, most strategic moves yet. I think true number of non US citizens is going to shock us. Did anyone else get the impression that maybe the Commerce Secretary botched the justification for question to be on the census? I got the feeling that he didn't justify the answer properly and this was President Trump's way of saying you're going to fix this.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join