It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Solution to the Census Debacle - GENIUS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just watched a live stream from Fox 10 out of Phoenix. It was an uncut, unedited stream of the speech Trump gave with regard to the US Census question of "Are you a US citizen."

Now, to be honest, I expected Trump to try and just bulldoze his way past the Supreme Court on this one. And IMO that would have been a mistake. So I was curious as to what the resulting Executive Action we have all been expecting would be.

It wasn't what I expected.

President Trump is signing an Executive Order today demanding that all Federal agencies make available all data requested by the Department of Commerce to ascertain US citizenship, which his advisors have stated will allow for a 90% accuracy rate. This would be much higher than the expected number of illegal aliens who would state such on a Census form, and it will accomplish the exact same result. Thus, the resulting 2020 US Census will give the number of US citizens, legal aliens, and illegal aliens, without directly asking the question.

That means the DNC's plan for skewing representation has failed.

It is patently obvious to anyone with two neurons to rub together that counting residents without determining citizenship will provide for some voters in districts with high illegal alien populations to have more of a vote than other citizens. A district with 100,000 citizens and 100,000 illegal aliens would get the same representation as one with 200,000 citizens, meaning the former citizens would get twice the voting power as the latter. That has been the driving force behind sanctuary cities: use illegal aliens to pad the Census so that those sanctuary cities get districted for more representation in Washington DC than other areas. I know this; Trump knows this; the DNC knows this; everyone capable of thinking independently knows this.

I imagine the response from the DNC will be sure and swift... once someone figures out how to combat this. I'm assuming it will be the familiar cry of government privacy intrusion... well, despite being a strong advocate for individual privacy, I cannot fault this plan of action; I will instead fault those who tried to delay and legally escape a simple question on the US Census that has been on the Census for the better part of 200+ years: "Are you a US citizen?"

I do love to watch a pro work their magic...

TheRedneck

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good stuff- especially since the progressive dems endgame has just been exposed - just coming in is AOC spox who has finally laid out the real green deal which basically warrants a complete transformation of America and her economy - a globalist agenda with sprinkles of Soros all over it....

twitter.com...

+1 more 
link   
Outstanding piece of oration.....

Liked that, man....

(post by spiritualarchitect removed for political trolling and baiting)
+14 more 
link   

We all knew he was preparing a smart move but this is brilliant. President Trump did it again.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So much for all of that hysteria over the last few days claiming he would issue an order to include the question on the census in violation of the Supreme Court's order.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It is awesome. Barr gave a great speech also. I think I just heard AOC's head explode....

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not sure I understand.

Apologies.

But how exactly is the administration going to get the data?

Maybe someone can "dumb" it down for me.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'll admit I don't like the precedent... but yeah, for the short term, Trump just fried the DNC's plans.

As I said, I place any blame for future privacy concerns over this squarely on the necks of Pelosi, Shumer, AOC, Waters, Williams, and the other "anti-Trump" people in Congress and the MSM. Had they just allowed the question, there would have been no need for this.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe the Department of Commerce has a hard time getting access to IRS records, Department of Agriculture assays, DOT records, etc... Kind of like information sharing between the intelligence agencies post-911. I think Trump is assigning the task of parsing all that data to Commerce.

Now, I don't imagine the information was unavailable to Commerce, prior to this EO, but I bet there will be less red tape involved now.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

DHS, HHS, IRS, Department of State, SSA, etc... Many of these agencies house citizenship data.

At a minimum, we know who are the citizens. The net would prove the illegal number in comparison to the census data.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I am curious, if the illegals are no longer of use to the democrats, will they still care about them and their plight?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm not exactly sure either... but we both know there is a world of data available on people in the US. Apparently his administration has come up with an algorithm that will flag people as being likely illegal aliens. Likely something similar to what Google has been doing to us for years.

I shudder a bit when I type that. The consequences of using such an algorithm in law enforcement are frightening, to say he least. My only comfort is that from previously working in the 2010 Census, I know the Commerce Department is loathe to share any information that could be used for law enforcement.

Let's just hope it stays that way.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I dislike this, though that has everything to do with forward thinking precedent and nothing to do with the POTUS' intentions here (which I agree 100% with in this case). Does this open the door for a future POTUS to EO data about individual gun ownership records, health records, tax records, etc? I mean, I'm not doe eyed enough to believe the White House hasn't in the past done exactly that... hell, we know Obama collected all types of data on his "enemies" while in the White House, including IRS data, but he had reasons to be cautious enough to not actually use that as support for new laws or policies. This would seem to open the door, even a crack, for a future POTUS to say "the SCOTUS won't let me ask if there's a firearm in the household on this Census or ACS, so I'll EO that data from the FBI, ATF. and other sources and extrajudiciously compile the lists in house."

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now THAT's he $100,000,000 question of the day, right there!

I doubt it. This could actually speed up immigration reform as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The precedent is an uncomfortable one. Typically, there are firewalls between the agencies for sharing data. 9/11 changed much of that for national security reasons, but now we're taking about taking further steps in the direction of a monolithic data-sharing federal government.

Ordinarily I'd be really upset about this, except for the blame should not be entirely on Trump. It's on all of the political obstructors who have been tearing the place down for the last 3 years not giving a # about the consequences.

edit on 11-7-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is my concern as well.

Of course, all of my firearms are registered with the ATF. I am a good little citizen. I right-think.

Er, I mean

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So (please correct me if I'm wrong) the administration takes the census data and "washes" it with this algorithm to obtain an accurate number of actual citizens (vs illegals)?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup. Pretty much exactly that.

Not to mention that now if the Chinese ( or pick your bad actors du jour) decide that they want to intrude in another one of our government databases....it's all one stop shopping now.

edit on 11-7-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't understand. Isn't the census count the number that is used to determine representation?

Trumps plan is to take the federal agencies count and then subtract the census?

Does this even change the representation?

Isn't that the goal?
edit on 11-7-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join