It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-State Attorney accuses Alex Acosta of [brokering] secret deal with Jeffrey Epstein's lawyers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Seems ole Jeffrey is in quite the pickle..........a lot of pissed people that would like to do him bodily harm over the sex allegation and now he has a lot of pissed off very wealthy and influential people who stand to lose a lot of money if he goes to jail.

The latter would be who I suspect played a large role and donated the amount of money to make it go away as best as possible in 2008.

Won't work this time I am afraid....too many eyes watching now.

edit on R162019-07-11T21:16:48-05:00k167Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R172019-07-11T21:17:25-05:00k177Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Not sure if anyone left this here... But here is a theory that got circulated around financial circles, many of whom said this is the most plausible explanation for how he got rich.

Twitter thread

NYMAG provides a little more background on Epstein himself, and has some people weigh in.

Sorry if this is reposted, but I found both incredibly interesting.
edit on 12-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you -- I haven't seen those yet, so much appreciated!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you -- I haven't seen those yet, so much appreciated!

No problem. The more I read into this the more I'm perplexed and disgusted. We've all known how open knowledge this was, but now that it's come up again in a time that maybe communication and information is more available, we're seeing how deep it truly goes, how open this secret was for such a large audience. We're not just talking about a few well connected players, no it looks deeper.

I will be truly surprised if prosecution gets to pursue this unfettered without a hitch. It didn't happen before, and in situations like this, a lot of times if they can't nail the guy for what they want, surely someone as shady as this could be scrutinized by the IRS if his house of cards makes no sense. Does it really come down to the fact he kept most of his activity off shore? If so, I think it's time we start to address that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Alex Acosta has resigned.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Uh oh! The second link is the same as the first link... do you still have that NY Mag link handy?

Reading the first link, that's very much what I've been thinking, except I am also thinking that he was working for someone. I'm sure blackmail is a huge part of it, particularly in the sense that those being blackmailed will think this is all Epstein's doing, and never realize there's someone giving Epstein his marching orders.

And I am leaning toward government(s) -- or at least certain government(s) agencies -- being the true power (and $$) behind Epstein. I don't think he's the mastermind. I expect though that he was chosen for the role because his own pedophilia was found out by the wrong people, and they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Alex Acosta has resigned.

Wow -- Thank you!

Trump's Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta resigns

President Donald Trump announced Acosta's resignation Friday morning, saying the secretary called him Friday morning saying that the decision to resign was his.

“I thought the right thing was to step aside,” Acosta told reporters while appearing with Trump at the White House.

Trump told reporters Acosta is a “great labor secretary, not a good one," and added, Acosta did a “very good job.”

I wonder what prompted this. It doesn't seem that Trump was behind it...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for pointing that out. I fixed the link

I don't think they masterminded it, or he'd be dead upon the probe into his affairs. He would flip on them before burning at the stake.

Did they spy on him or blackmail him to give them Intel? I'm pretty close to absolutely considering the scale and value of this kind of dirt.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Dims get 5 minutes of happiness, LOL.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I wonder what prompted this.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say it was letting a child-raping scumbag off the hook.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Sillyolme

Dims get 5 minutes of happiness, LOL.

We all do.

In the last two years, if there is any issue that isn't partisan it should be this one. While I've seen people on both sides use this opportunity for fodder, I've been quite impressed with most saying let anyone implicated burn alive.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Gonna go out on a limb here and say it was letting a child-raping scumbag off the hook.

Well... maybe... but at this point I can't give anyone that much credit!!!

If anyone gave a rats patootie, it would have happened already... or never happened at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well... maybe...

I give it a 133.33% chance of being accurate. Repeating of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
We all do.

In the last two years, if there is any issue that isn't partisan it should be this one. While I've seen people on both sides use this opportunity for fodder, I've been quite impressed with most saying let anyone implicated burn alive.

No, Acosta is a Republican so we should be sad something bad happened to him. Partisan hackery for the win.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
7 days ago 90% of America didnt know who epstein or acosta were.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Then I guess it's a good thing this child-raping enabler got exposed to the rest of the population. You sad bro?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

More credible when clinton is indicted, since acosta was powerful too. Noone is exempt.

link   

It was a huge talking point in 08' during the original trial.

Sure people who weren't adults at the time don't remember it. But the reason Americans left it where it was is because we've always known there's a justice system for the elite, and for the pleebs. We were disappointed but it was what it was.

Your 90% figure is way off though.
edit on 12-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
We all do.

No, Acosta is a Republican so we should be sad something bad happened to him. Partisan hackery for the win.

Don't worry, someone will do the job for us 😉

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

More credible when clinton is indicted, since acosta was powerful too. Noone is exempt.

I don't care who they are or what letter is next their name.... If there is evidence against them, go after them with the full extent of the law. Each and every one of them.

And if anyone gets a sweetheart deal this time, may we call on the Boondock Saints.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join