It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs Captured Flying in Tandem Over The Grand Canyon On July 1st

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I was browsing on YouTube looking for new "UFO" footage, when I came upon this video clip posted on July 4th. I also found an article today about this incident. Not too thrilled that it's from the tabloid "Daily Star," but it does give some information concerning the video:

A PILOT captured two UFOs flying in tandem over the Grand Canyon, conspiracy theorists have claimed.

Mike Wagner uploaded the bizarre clip to YouTube last Wednesday.

Once it reaches the far left-hand side, two objects come into view.

They seem to be in formation and in tandem as they make their way over the famous site.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

The objects appear to be oval and it's interesting that they fly in tandem. I've never seen consumer drones fly side by side, like this.

These objects are probably birds, or commercial drones. Interesting capture, none the less.

Here's The Video Clip...Sorry About The Annoying Music:

edit on 7/8/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

These objects are probably birds, or commercial drones. Interesting capture, none the less.

With the area having over 350 species of birds I would think that would be a best guess.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

With the area having over 350 species of birds I would think that would be a best guess.

Looking at the video, they must be really large birds that soar without flapping their wings much.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Looking at the video, they must be really large birds that soar without flapping their wings much.

Not sure how you can make that judgement with any accuracy.

White birds with the sun reflecting off them caught on a camera that is attached or being taken from another moving object most likely wont show any detail like wings flapping.

depending on how much glare the reflections off white wings creates the birds could be close and a moving camera still wouldn't see wings flapping if they were flapping their wings.

They could seem large due to how white feathers that on most birds shine brightly due to the oily feathers to not absorb water so they can stay airborne can create an optical illusion along with motion blur making them look bigger than they are.

I am not saying they are birds by the way,

I said that is a best guess due to how many species of birds there are in the area.

The points you bring up that I explain to the best of my knowledge make it more so like birds.

But that is from a quick video and simple google search about birds in the area and just basic observational knowledge anyone should have if interested in Ufology.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There could be a number of possible explanations for those crafts. It could be some testing done by some aircraft research group, or just craft by any advanced group of people who can afford to produce them. No size reference can be determined, so it could even be high tech drone technology. They do not appear to be going that fast or to be doing anything erratic. But I suppose it could be alien craft. Even though I feel alien crafts are just a creation of super evolved civilization on our planet, I will not say definitely that ETs don't exist.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Condors soaring with the thermals, thus not flapping their wings much. If you have actually visited the Grand Canyon you see these all the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Luminous Albino Condors ..... Yeah those are everywhere

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If this footage hadn't been labelled as a "UFO", two birds would have been the first natural impression. They do SEEM cigar-shaped and giving off light to some extent, but that could simply be due to image definition and distortion at that range.

Frankly, we could have done without the vomit-inducing "This Digital Heart Feels Love" soundtrack - a YT tradition that still defies explanation.

For a far more romantic interpretation of the footage, here is one attempt:

Since the canyon is so deep already, it makes a great location for a doorway to an underground base. Somewhere at the bottom of this canyon is a cloaked entrance to an alien city. The base will be about 4-5km below the ground. I think someone should investigate that area of the canyon and scan it with lasers to map it and see its true design. They may find a doorway.

And what does our old Woo friend think about it...?

edit on 8-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No, not birds......my vote

They're out there I suppose.....seen two or three and a crap load of orbs

Seasoned pilot, TOO

Fun world, huh?
edit on 8-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Typically The Big High Altitude Ones Are Pelicans.......These Are Close

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am sold on the nothingness.

No mention of close to being tic-tacs.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Condors soaring with the thermals, thus not flapping their wings much. If you have actually visited the Grand Canyon you see these all the time.

So I may have been correct in saying that if they are birds, they are large ones that soar with little wing flapping involved.
But I did say if.
I went to Las Vegas, but I was busy shooting pool and didn't make it to the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

JHC, go troll somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Turns out the Condor theory is plausible. They’re big birds.

www.nationalparkstraveler.org...

And they can fly up to 15k feet:

animals.sandiegozoo.org...

But the coloring looks off and then video quality is such that I can’t entirely make out wings - even after cleaning up the images with photoshop.

No idea what those things are.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Reflections off electrical cables?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Heck, it could even be 2 people in white or grey "wing" suits - the kind that allow you to glide before you open a parachute.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And condors aren't the only ones. I was once watching what looked to be a common red-tailed hawk (which is a large bird, but not huge like a condor) soar over a football field. I watched it for several minutes and it didn't flap once. It was simply riding the upper level air current like a surfer riding a wave.

It was also not moving forward much, but soaring in almost one place while letting the air push past it, like one of those wave-rider surfing simulators -- and in fact moving backwards in some instances.

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Seasoned pilot, TOO
Fun world, huh?

Meh. Even a seasoned pilot is not immune to a misidentification.

That reminds me of the "aviation expert" that the TV news station used to analyze that Denver UFO video a few years ago of an object seen traversing the frame in a video of distant mountains. He might have been an aviation expert (maybe, if we take them at their word), but he obviously was not a video expert.

I say this because this aviation expert watched the video an claimed that the object on the video must have been traveling at speeds impossible for any known aircraft going by how quickly it traversed the video frame. However, he didn't seem to even consider that the object traversing the frame wasn't as far from the camera as the distant mountains, but instead could have been an insect just a few feet from the camera. such an insect would still be seen traversing the entire frame above the distant mountains, but the insect would not be as distant as the mountains.

That's a classic case of even an expert likely misidentifying a mundane object as an exotic UFO. This pilot might be seasoned, but that doesn't mean it is terribly unlikely that he could misidentify a sunlit soaring bird as something that not a bird.

edit on 7/8/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

And condors aren't the only ones. I was once watching what looked to be a common red-tailed hawk (which is a large bird, but not huge like a condor) soar over a football field. I watched it for several minutes and it didn't flap once. It was simply riding the upper level air current like a surfer riding a wave.

It was also not moving forward much, but soaring in almost one place while letting the air push past it, like one of those wave-rider surfing simulators -- and in fact moving backwards in some instances.

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Seasoned pilot, TOO
Fun world, huh?

Meh. Even a seasoned pilot is not immune to a misidentification.

That reminds me of the "aviation expert" that the TV news station used to analyze that Denver UFO video a few years ago of an object seen traversing the frame in a video of distant mountains. He might have been an aviation expert (maybe, if we take them at their word), but he obviously was not a video expert.

I say this because this aviation expert watched the video an claimed that the object on the video must have been traveling at speeds impossible for any known aircraft going by how quickly it traversed the video frame. However, he didn't seem to even consider that the object traversing the frame wasn't as far from the camera as the distant mountains, but instead could have been an insect just a few feet from the camera. such an insect would still be seen traversing the entire frame above the distant mountains, but the insect would not be as distant as the mountains.

That's a classic case of even an expert likely misidentifying a mundane object as an exotic UFO. This pilot might be seasoned, but that doesn't mean it is terribly unlikely that he could misidentify a sunlit soaring bird as something that not a bird.

I agree with most all of that - but - even when the image is cleaned up the objects aren’t clearly identifiable.

So while I’m not saying the aliens have landed, I’m also not sold those are birds.

I say this because those who are quick to dismiss/call case closed when, unless your photo editing skills and software are way way better than mine (which they absolutely could be), I don’t think we can leave this at giant condors and move on.

Side note - think about the hilarity of that “Dude that’s a UFO!!” “No way you idiot! It’s a GIANT condor!”

Either way, it’s a rare bird (pun intended) given there’s like 9 of those condors in the Grand Canyon and they’re all tagged. Maybe we can find them on flight radar 24.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
I say this because those who are quick to dismiss/call case closed when, unless your photo editing skills and software are way way better than mine (which they absolutely could be), I don’t think we can leave this at giant condors and move on.

Well, unless there is more new information to be gleaned in some way from either additional photos or witnesses, the game has to be called at some point. Maybe the truth is just a photo analysis away, but probably not. When do you propose putting this in the "whatever" file?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

Well, unless there is more new information to be gleaned in some way from either additional photos or witnesses, the game has to be called at some point. Maybe the truth is just a photo analysis away, but probably not. When do you propose putting this in the "whatever" file?

Well, for me it’s in the “inconclusive” file.

What we know/believe to be true based on video evidence:

- there are two objects
- they are flying in formation/seemingly in an intelligently controlled way.
- they are large or at least appear to be based on the scale below them/altitude altitude.
- the images are blurry
- the color doesn’t match that of the condors unless they are highly reflective - which seems unlikely if you’re a bird of prey.
- the speed they are moving at doesn’t appear to be “other worldly”
- the flight patten is fairly smooth

All of that doesn’t explain a lot and we don’t have much of anything else go off of. I’d say let’s track the condors but I doubt they make that information publicly available for fear some yahoo will go shoot them.

So to me, this gets filed into the “Inconclusive” bucket.

Why? Well, when we’re debating UFOs vs. giant condors that are nearly extinct we’ve entered the realm of inconclusive to me...

But if someone can nail down exactly what it is then I’m all - whether that’s condors, UFOs or UFOs shaped like condors - no skin off my nose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join