It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is so messed up Mother implanted with wrong babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.wesh.com...

The mother, who is Asian, gave birth to two non-Asian babies, and each child was a genetic match to a different couple that was also a client at the fertility clinic, the lawsuit states. The Asian couple was then forced to give up the babies to their true genetic parents.

This story is just disturbing. How does this kind of mix up happen. TWO wrong babies? Those babies were not related and also not related to the mom. So when you think about it is actually three mix ups.

I've always wondered about IVF and the ethical questions that we have now.

So here is my question regarding a case like this... What if this mom found out early that those two babies she was carrying were not hers,
would abortion be justified in that case?? It seems they knew something was off early on based on the sex of the babies, and that the clinic sorta brushed it off as sometimes things are inaccurate.

Carrying twins is not easy and can be very dangerous. I'm typically not for abortion but I have to say personally in this kind of case it is not so cut and dry. I personally would not want to carry two babies that were not mine.
edit on 8-7-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
bring the clinic up on charges for malpractice a few million dollars should help.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would say that that woman should get a lot of money for the mess up, at least two million bucks. It takes a lot of power from a woman having a child, it can deplete reserves needed for another child. On top of that, the stress of having the kids you spent nine months creating taken away. In a year of recuperating they should also give her a free IVF too. This should not even require lawyers that take half of the money from her. If lawyers are involved, it should be five million bucks.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You are correct it takes a lot to carry a baby. My wife had degenerative bone disease and we were told she could have child but it would cripple her later in life.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

[SNIPPED REMOVED POST

SNIP

Funny enough, I look Asian, my daughter was born with icy green eyes and pure white blonde hair.
Fortunately for me, It's in my genetics! I did have a lot of people ask me if I was babysitting when she was little!

edit on 9-7-2019 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would say that that woman should get a lot of money for the mess up, at least two million bucks. It takes a lot of power from a woman having a child, it can deplete reserves needed for another child. On top of that, the stress of having the kids you spent nine months creating taken away. In a year of recuperating they should also give her a free IVF too. This should not even require lawyers that take half of the money from her. If lawyers are involved, it should be five million bucks.

I totally agree. Not only that, having one baby totally depletes you, having twins is a whole other story.
I can't even imagine. The worst part is that she ended up with Zero babies. How devastating is that?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
...my daughter was born with icy green eyes and pure white blonde hair.

So she's a Targaryen?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

...my daughter was born with icy green eyes and pure white blonde hair.

So she's a Targaryen?

Ha, that's funny. I guess you could say so but on the taller side, close to 6ft.

We get looks all the time. The very best were the teacher conferences.
She was an amazing student so her teachers loved her. So here she is, very very tall, slim, light eyes, light hair, light skin. Then they meet me for the first time. Very short, petite, raven black hair and black eyes, very fair and VERY asian looking. When I tell them Hi I'm .... mom. Their brains just can't compute. Many just assume, A. she's adopted, B. I'm her step mom, C. a scenario like the story above!

I've known people for years and when I tell them my pregnancy story with her they are so shocked, like, she's your biological child?????!!! genetics...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

www.wesh.com...

The mother, who is Asian, gave birth to two non-Asian babies, and each child was a genetic match to a different couple that was also a client at the fertility clinic, the lawsuit states. The Asian couple was then forced to give up the babies to their true genetic parents.

So here is my question regarding a case like this... What if this mom found out early that those two babies she was carrying were not hers, would abortion be justified in that case?? It seems they knew something was off early on based on the sex of the babies, and that the clinic sorta brushed it off as sometimes things are inaccurate.

So is it the kids' fault? So kill the kids because the clinic messed up?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

www.wesh.com...

So here is my question regarding a case like this... What if this mom found out early that those two babies she was carrying were not hers, would abortion be justified in that case?? It seems they knew something was off early on based on the sex of the babies, and that the clinic sorta brushed it off as sometimes things are inaccurate.

So is it the kids' fault? So kill the kids because the clinic messed up?

For me, I would. I had health complications due to my pregnancies and I would not want to risk my life over a baby that is not biologically mine. So to rephrase your question, is it ok to kill me because of the clinics mistake?

I don't think we have to worry long. Pretty soon they will have out of body wombs. They might even be able to implant unwanted babies into another. We are going to see some freaky stuff very soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And if the other families involved found out you were carrying their kids through no fault of any of yours, and you were going to kill their kids? How do you think they'd feel?

What if you were one of those parents on the outside looking in and you'd spent your last life savings trying for that kid ...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Kinda unsurprising to me - inevitable.

Putting the job of nature into the hands of human doctors means human error must and will come into the equation eventually.

If a women is incapable of conception naturally then perhaps - just perhaps there's a reason for that that should not be overridden by technology.

Nature has told her no, but technology has said stuff nature.

No sympathy here.

In relation to abortion in cases such as this - certainly blurs the lines doesn't it. I'll chicken out of a comment on that one I've already opened pandoras box and expect a fairly good slapping.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
If a women is incapable of conception naturally then perhaps - just perhaps there's a reason for that that should not be overridden by technology.

Do you apply the same luddite approach with diseases.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This is a sad tale but also another simple example that anything involving humans is also prone to human error.

You can have the most rigorous safety amd control procedures imaginable but one basic error can cause all manner of chaos.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

This is a sad tale but also another simple example that anything involving humans is also prone to human error.

You can have the most rigorous safety amd control procedures imaginable but one basic error can cause all manner of chaos.

You have to wonder what really happened. Was it a mistake or.......
The twins implanted were not related either.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Do you apply the same luddite approach with diseases.

Irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join