It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranger Things 3

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did you miss the reference to "Dawn of the Dead" - mall.

Nothing subtle about The 80's, they were cheesy and in your face. Polyester baby.

I thought the season was hilarious.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did you miss the reference to "Dawn of the Dead" - mall.

Nothing subtle about The 80's, they were cheesy and in your face. Polyester baby.

I thought the season was hilarious.

Also the obvious Terminator influence.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I actually really loved the over-the-top 80's nostalgia of season 3. It was like a John Hughes/Duffer Brothers mishmash of awsomeness.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We've been watching the current season and there are several "Die Hard" lines in it.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I will say I did find the costuming on point. I remember many of the same clothes/styles and hair.

Did everyone in the 80s tuck their shirts in their shorts? That never looks good. Not a fan of tucking in generally though. That however is my only complaint, I loved this season. Joyce was awesomely looney. Great new characters with Erica and Robin (who has her mother's exact laugh and gorgeousness). I'm already champing at the bit for season 4.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I will say I did find the costuming on point. I remember many of the same clothes/styles and hair.

Did everyone in the 80s tuck their shirts in their shorts? That never looks good. Not a fan of tucking in generally though. That however is my only complaint, I loved this season. Joyce was awesomely looney. Great new characters with Erica and Robin (who has her mother's exact laugh and gorgeousness). I'm already champing at the bit for season 4.

Yes, shirts tucked and hideous shorts. Absolute worst decade for shorts ever!
The lifeguard guy in ST is exactly what I remember every teen boy looking like (or trying to look like)
uggg that mustache. The hair, guys were really really into their hair in the 80's. I remember the guys wearing polo cologne. Way too much of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join