It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranger Things 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
maybe spoilers?

I really love this series in general but I think season 3 is pushing it.

I loved loved loved 1 & 2 because of the subtle nuances of the feel/sound/sights of the 1980's. I think
that was a huge draw for many viewers. It was like a look back into the past for many of us. It wasn't in your face, like I said
it was subtle and that is what was so awesome about it.

Season 3 goes a little too far to the point that it is cheesy, forced, and cliche. It's almost as if the writers were like, "hey they love the 80's, let's give them more!". The mall scene was pushing it, but the workout scene was just cheesy. The overt misogyny was a little too ramped up too.

I will say I did find the costuming on point. I remember many of the same clothes/styles and hair.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Was there a pink Alf shirt in the episode?

I loved my pink Alf and Bart Simpson shirts.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Nothing is going to top season one, imo. I thought that the mall set was very authentic looking. I delivered and installed security doors in a mall that was built in the early eighties. After it was built, I would go there quite often, so the mall scenes in the third season of Stranger Things brought back a lot of memories for me.

With that being said, season 3 was pretty boring and too slow paced until episode 4. After episode 4, everything started to unfold nicely and the action started to pick up. As far as the speculation concerning the ending, I just hope it doesn't happen...it would ruin that emotional scene involving El's letter. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I loved the 1st season.

Not a patch on Dark though, far superior imo.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I liked season 3, thought it was great, especially the big hair and running around in that puke green pinto. Didn't like the sheriff being vaporized, hope he's coming back in season 4. Or does wynnona killing off 3 guys make it a charm lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I really enjoyed season 3.
The product placement was a little much, but I think they do it as a joke at this point.
This was by far the most 'emotional' season & the addition of new characters didn't seem forced, like in some shows.

Don't forget to watch after the credits of the last episode. I almost missed the bonus scene.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I haven't watched season 3 yet.
But I always wonder when it will go off the rails like every other good show seems to do.

The Battlestar Galactica reboot was great at first but as the seasons went along it felt like they had no clue where the show was headed.

I heard lost was the same way..but I never watched lost so I dont know.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But I always wonder when it will go off the rails like every other good show seems to do.

The Battlestar Galactica reboot was great at first but as the seasons went along it felt like they had no clue where the show was headed.

The only series that I really like the ending was Mad Men. It took me forever to get into that series. I started and stopped watching it like four times. I finally finished it and that ending was my absolute favorite.
The Sopranos was the worst, it still makes me mad!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Having been a teen in the 80's, I thought they got it right. Jazzercise, commercials in the show, RUSSIANS. LOL (the more things change, the more they stay the same), going to the mall.

While it wasn't as great as the first season, I really liked it. Hope they end it here though.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Uh.
BSG reboot was a few mini-series + 4 seasons and ended following the story arch that the whole series was about.
Not sure if we watched the same reboot.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dang it!!!!! Apparently I did!
Going to have to go back and watch it again tonight.
He's not really dead, is he?
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thought Stranger Things Season 3 was slightly less enjoyable to me than the following 2 seasons ..Would still rank it a 7 or 8 out of 10 because so many of the references were things I could relate to since im from that era.

Best endings on a TV series for me were

The last episode of Six Feet Under (this is often sited as one of the best endings ever when viewed in the context of the show).

Breaking Bad

The one Im looking forward to more than any other show is Supernatural. It's been on the air for 15 years so hopefully they end it in a way that fits the cannon of the show.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Uh.
BSG reboot was a few mini-series + 4 seasons and ended following the story arch that the whole series was about.
Not sure if we watched the same reboot.

The whole which humans were cylons thing ruined the story for me...
I swear they stuff everyone's pictures on a wall and threw a dart at em.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I loved the community pool scenes from season 3...really took me back to my childhood.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I loved season one..thought it was the best series I'd seen in a long time, but I have to admit, season two was somewhat spoiled for me by that moronic acceptance speech at the SAGs awards. I just couldn't take the police chief seriously after that...but I'm halfway through season three at the moment and enjoying it so far.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I'll let you be the judge, but I think he is.
Something else is alive, though.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Thought Stranger Things Season 3 was slightly less enjoyable to me than the following 2 seasons ..Would still rank it a 7 or 8 out of 10 because so many of the references were things I could relate to since im from that era.

The last episode of Six Feet Under (this is often sited as one of the best endings ever when viewed in the context of the show).

Breaking Bad

The one Im looking forward to more than any other show is Supernatural. It's been on the air for 15 years so hopefully they end it in a way that fits the cannon of the show.

Loved BB too. I never finished Six Feet Under, maybe I'll revisit that series this summer.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I loved it....the mid 80's were anything but cheesy and overly colorful....the mall was spot on...it was a real tear jerker..

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Breaking Bad

Loved BB too. I never finished Six Feet Under, maybe I'll revisit that series this summer.

While the final episode of Six Feet Under is great it's the closing sequence that is often sited as one of the best ever... If you watch it and you were a fan of the show then you will understand why..

That sequence can actually be found on YouTube if you dont want to go back and watch the whole series again.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm only on episode 3 so i'm skimming the responses carefully, but I'm loving the 80s mall scenes, really brings me back. They even made the store logos match the old ones, such as gap, burger king, really great attention to detail. The plot/story line however is definitely a lot slower this season, and you're also right about the cheesiness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join