It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike cancels Betsy Ross flag sneaker after Kaepernick speaks out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, almost no one even knew this flag was used by Nazis

And you know that how? Have you just done a quick survey?

Did you not see the hundreds of people in the link I provided saluting at the podium where it was hanging?

Denial is a lovely thing as long as it lasts.

You said in your own post that

when I'm guessing prior to this thread a great deal of them wouldn't have even been aware of it. They certainly didn't know it had been used by said nazi party

You said that, then when I show this disproves your assumption that they were defending Nazis

You then ask me to prove your claim you guess most didn’t even know the flag was used by Nazis?

I don’t have to prove anything

You showed how dumb your argument is by saying you guessed most people didn’t know it was used by Nazis while also claiming these same people were Nazi defenders

You arguments are so contradictory to hat you are now asking me to provide a survey to prove your own claim

edit on 2-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jtrenthacker

The US flag is already being banned in many places and events because people are offended by it.

I take it that the fact this particular take on the American flag was used as a symbol by the American nazi party isn't something to considered?

The Nazi's also used spoons and forks. Some say they even breathed air from time to time. Maybe Kilpatrick should protest that also.

Wow, that's such a mature comment.

Mature or not that is the level of reasoning Kilpatrick and Nike are using.

When people on here are suggesting the nazis used the gay pride flag then I kind of know the level of maturity on ATS - I kind of think that's a lot more obvious, isn't it?

I didn’t say they used it

I said that because people like you so desire to give as much power to Nazis as possible, and label any flag or symbol they use as theirs, then if they use the gay pride flag, fools like you would claim gays could no longer use the flag because Nazis used it

But nazis didn't use it did they? They didn't suggest they were the American legion of the German nazi party by using a gay pride flag to show their purpose did they?

Best thing to do is start off with facts, usually leaves you with some solid ground.

Yes I have been using facts

This post was pointing out how absurd people like you that seek to give power and grovel to Nazis are

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Did you not see the hundreds of people in the link I provided saluting at the podium where it was hanging?

To be fair, we also see hundreds of American Nazi supporters carrying, marching with, displaying, and saluting the actual American flag. Should we not display the flag at all because of that? Does that mean the actual flag is bad commercially because it can be shown in the possession of Nazis?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Stupidity Level of this thread content: Level REEE

I cannot believe that people are so stupid as to associate the Betsy Ross flag with Nazi's, so this must be an epic troll and we all fell for it.

Well played, foreign person.

Well played.

Because no one in real life is that effing retarded to think that just because some Nazi's used something, it'd become a Nazi symbol.

Really.

No one is that effing moronic.

Because if they were, they'd be the kind of people who'd have to wear a helmet just to toilet.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I cannot believe that people are so stupid as to associate the Betsy Ross flag with Nazi's, so this must be an epic troll and we all fell for it.

Ross (surname)

The family name can also be of German origin; in German, das Ross (or das Roß) means "the steed" or "the horse”.

She was a goddamn brown shirt.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

She is literally Hitler.

*das kleine sigh*

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I did Nazi that coming.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I did Nazi that coming.

Your avatar has fireworks in them

I saw a Nazi holding a sparkler once.

I can’t believe how disgusting you are

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I did Nazi that coming.

You’re Goerring to make this silly!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

To be fair, we also see hundreds of American Nazi supporters carrying, marching with, displaying, and saluting the actual American flag. Should we not display the flag at all because of that? Does that mean the actual flag is bad commercially because it can be shown in the possession of Nazis?

Kapernick thinks so. He said the flag is a symbol of oppression and should be disrespected. The media covered for him making fake news saying he never said it, but that was after they quoted him. So they quoted him saying it then lied saying he never said it despite them knowing he did.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I’m gonna call it now that this is a TOTALLY fake story... which I assume is why no link was posted , as it would lead to some other BS conservative conspiracy site..

A) there is zero chance Nike names a pair of shoes the “Betsy Ross” lol..

There are a million cooler “patriotic” marketing names that would be “cooler” aka more marketable to nike’s Demographics..

Just off the top of my head... Nike eagles, Nike marines, Nike patriots, Washington’s (instead of Jordan’s”..

B) Nike’s primary demographics are young males and a lot of young black males..

Can you picture young teenage males all over the country rushing out to buy the new “Betsy Ross’s” lol?!?!

I promise you the Nike marketing team couldn’t either.

So that is my dollars to Do-Nuts bet..

Fake News? Really?
www.wsj.com...
www.wsj.com...

The shoes weren't going to be named the "Betsy Ross" shoes, they were the Quick Strike Max shoes... the media is just calling them "Betsy Ross Flag" shoes because the image they were to have on them was the flag designed by Betsy Ross.

Nike, as far as I am concerned, died last year when they inked a contract with a racist asshat terrorist and violent crime sympathizer. This decision by them has no bearing one way or the other on my previously scraping the bottom opinion of them as a company. I am thrilled, however, to see AZ has stripped them of their tax breaks. That's delightful!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'll never buy another pair of nike shoes.

The last couple pair fell apart and throw on their politics and it's a done deal.

I play pickup basketball at lunch with the same group of guys 3-4 days a week. There have been three separate incidents of somebody's Nike's falling apart during play. Two had there shoe rip right at the seam of the sole (like what happened to Zion Williamson) and another had their sole tear completely off the shoe.

I've been wearing a few generations of the Adidas Dame Lillard's the past few years with no issues at all. Nike is junk now.

My last two pair crack at the heal.
Both pair also had the sole peal away.

Total junk especially for $60

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My last two pair crack at the heal.

Miscommunication between Kap and Nike... Kap asked for a place to stash his crack in the heel of the kicks, Nike misunderstood the request and made a shoe that cracks in the heel.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kap asked for a place to stash his crack in the heel of the kicks,

oh, Has he a history of substance abuse?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Donitz you know it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I can’t believe how disgusting you are

That makes one of us.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nikes are for normies anyways.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kap asked for a place to stash his crack in the heel of the kicks,

oh, Has he a history of substance abuse?

It explains his lapses in judgement and screwball behavior.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Donitz you know it.

I love donitz especially if they have the sprinkles on them.

But I don’t wear Nike’s, they don’t make a size 15 with a 4 inch heel.

Bastards.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I love donitz especially if they have the sprinkles on them.

I heard they make you Jodl with joy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join