It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike cancels Betsy Ross flag sneaker after Kaepernick speaks out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: uncommitted

Sure, your not the type of person to label others

I mean it’s not like you would label people supporters of Nazis just because they defend the Betsy Ross flag

Oh wait, that’s exactly what you did!

So not only are you a ridiculous person who wants to demonize anyone defending American symbols as a Nazi sympathizer

You are a liar as well!

Where did I demonise anyone? Could you point to that?

You are doing what you always do - read one thing and respond to something that was never said. Kind of sad isn't it really.

Mind you, if you want to use a version of the American flag that has connotations with the American Nazi party then that's your choice. It's also the prerogative of others to question that, and likewise the prerogative of a retailer not to use it.

Not sure where you get me as a liar, but you have every right to say so.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why would Kapernick even support a company like Nike which has used child slaves in its past to make the very product Kaepernick is promoting, wearing, and helping to design ?

Oh, that's right, because they give him millions of dollars to do so. It seems that slavery and child labor is not an issue for Kapernick just the symbol of the country which made it possible for him to make millions.

Unbelievable hypocrisy on Kapernicks part to endorse a company that used slavery while denigrating his country for the same. I suppose if America paid him millions like Nike that his criticisms would dissappear.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Look I get it

You tolerant leftist are so welcoming that you need to justify demonizing the symols of the founding of the country

You need to call anyone who likes the Betsy Ross flag a Nazi sympathizer

Meanwhile you are silent in symbols on the left that have been connected to racist, such as the dnc symbols

You perfectly represent so many on the left that want to rewrite history to make American symbols be removed, and claim anyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi

Why do you think I'm 'leftist'? I'm not the kind of pathetic individual who slaps labels on people. I'm not American (but I've told you that before, obviously to no avail), I was pointing out a fact - Nike are withdrawing a product which has connotations with the American Nazi party which as a private company is entirely in their purview.

You and others then make this out as some kind of anti leftist tirade because everything has to be doesn't it with some people.

You seem to be confused.

Nike withdrew the shoes on offer because an entitled idiot said it was RACIST!!!

You seem to have conflated the American Nazi Party's co-opting of the Betsy Ross flag as SOMEHOW related to their decision.

I'm still laughing though at how you think some 4th rate political party that never wielded any power's co-opting of one of our first flags means it's a nazi symbol or some crap.

I'll ask again. Have you read this thread and the linked articles?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

This is how far you crazy progressives have fallen, even you guys can't believe it and think it must be fake news. I am sure you will suddenly think this is a good thing now it's confirmed.

Nike featuring Betsy Ross flag canceled after backlash

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Your a liar because after you labeled people defending the flag in here as defending Nazis, you claimed you are not the type of person to label someone

Of course Nike has the right to not put a version of the us flag on a shoe because it’s racist

We have the right to lambaste that decision

And you have the right to pretend the us flag is a Nazi symbol because a few people used it, while ignoring other symbols used by people on the left that were used by far bigger racist groups

What a sad world it must be to give bad groups so much power that you can’t wear or use any symbol any of them ever did. Way to give even more power to these Nazis though!
edit on 2-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I bet some Nazi's wear Nike, we need to all boycott them, connotations and all.

The original flag has nothing to do with Nazi's. Nike pulled it because the flag is racist, like all American flags according to Kapernick.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I for one, am glad CK is keeping history straight.

Betsy Ross was an animal. She only recognized 42 genders. How unwoke is that?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How did we not know that Betsy Ross was a Nazi?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So I guess if your a Nazi now, all you have to do is adopt every left wing person or symbol to get rid of them

Gay pride flag? Nazis used it so now it’s a Nazi symbol

Mlk pictures? Nazis used them so it’s a symbol

And so on

How incredibly stupid must you be to give that much power to Nazis where they can adopt symbols of anything and you believe it means the Nazis now own that symbol

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's like cooties.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Your a liar because after you labeled people defending the flag in here as defending Nazis, you claimed you are not the type of person to label someone

Of course Nike has the right to not put a version of the us flag on a shoe because it’s racist

And you have the right to pretend the us flag is a Nazi symbol because a few people used it, while ignoring other symbols used by people on the left that were used by far bigger racist groups

What a sad world it must be to give bad groups so much power that you can’t wear or use any symbol any of them ever did. Way to give even more power to these Nazis though!

Oh dear me. I have no idea why so many people suddenly have decided to defend the use of this particular version of the flag - clearly an outdated flag - because it has connotations with the American Nazi party - which isn't/wasn't a few people, when I'm guessing prior to this thread a great deal of them wouldn't have even been aware of it. They certainly didn't know it had been used by said nazi party.

I don't know if anyone on ATS supports the ideals of the American nazi party, how could I? but clearly if they are now showing such desire for a product to be manufactured that carries a link to it who am I to question.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So I guess if your a Nazi now, all you have to do is adopt every left wing person or symbol to get rid of them

And so on

How incredibly stupid must you be to give that much power to Nazis where they can adopt symbols of anything and you believe it means the Nazis now own that symbol

Oh dear again, that has all the hallmarks of a very desperate sad pathetic response. Why do you even bother?

It's called being infantile.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The US flag is already being banned in many places and events because people are offended by it.

I take it that the fact this particular take on the American flag was used as a symbol by the American nazi party isn't something to considered?

The Nazi's also used spoons and forks. Some say they even breathed air from time to time. Maybe Kilpatrick should protest that also.

Wow, that's such a mature comment.

Mature or not that is the level of reasoning Kilpatrick and Nike are using.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I bet some Nazi's wear Nike, we need to all boycott them, connotations and all.

The original flag has nothing to do with Nazi's. Nike pulled it because the flag is racist, like all American flags according to Kapernick.

If you want to say the American flag is racist, that is totally up to you. If it has anything to do with its links to the American Nazi party that caused Nike to rethink is something they probably know better than you unless you work in the commercials or publicity department of Nike - only you can answer that.

link   

Oh dear me. I have no idea why so many people suddenly have decided to defend the use of this particular version of the flag - clearly an outdated flag - because it has connotations with the American Nazi party - which isn't/wasn't a few people, when I'm guessing prior to this thread a great deal of them wouldn't have even been aware of it. They certainly didn't know it had been used by said nazi party.

I don't know if anyone on ATS supports the ideals of the American nazi party, how could I? but clearly if they are now showing such desire for a product to be manufactured that carries a link to it who am I to question.

You disapprove your own assumption in this post

Yes, almost no one even knew this flag was used by Nazis

They viewed it as the Betsy Ross flag

So for you to assume they must be defending Nazis when you admit you think most people didn’t have any idea there was a connection is absurd

We are showing a desire for not wanting a company so bow down to the idea that this is flag is racist

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The US flag is already being banned in many places and events because people are offended by it.

I take it that the fact this particular take on the American flag was used as a symbol by the American nazi party isn't something to considered?

The Nazi's also used spoons and forks. Some say they even breathed air from time to time. Maybe Kilpatrick should protest that also.

When people on here are suggesting the nazis used the gay pride flag then I kind of know the level of maturity on ATS - I kind of think that's a lot more obvious, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And so on

Oh dear again, that has all the hallmarks of a very desperate sad pathetic response. Why do you even bother?

It's called being infantile.

Being infantile is labeling anyone defending a historic us flag as defending Nazis

Then claiming you aren’t the type of person to label people

That’s being infantile, and a liar

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

When people on here are suggesting the nazis used the gay pride flag then I kind of know the level of maturity on ATS - I kind of think that's a lot more obvious, isn't it?

I didn’t say they used it

I said that because people like you so desire to give as much power to Nazis as possible, and label any flag or symbol they use as theirs, then if they use the gay pride flag, fools like you would claim gays could no longer use the flag because Nazis used it

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, almost no one even knew this flag was used by Nazis

And you know that how? Have you just done a quick survey?

Did you not see the hundreds of people in the link I provided saluting at the podium where it was hanging?

Denial is a lovely thing as long as it lasts.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I didn’t say they used it

I said that because people like you so desire to give as much power to Nazis as possible, and label any flag or symbol they use as theirs, then if they use the gay pride flag, fools like you would claim gays could no longer use the flag because Nazis used it

But nazis didn't use it did they? They didn't suggest they were the American legion of the German nazi party by using a gay pride flag to show their purpose did they?

Best thing to do is start off with facts, usually leaves you with some solid ground.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join