It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president of El Salvador takes the blame for migrants drowwning.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Salvadoran president says his country is to blame for migrants drowning in Rio Grande

Holy crap! Here's something you'll never hear anyone in this country say. The new president of El Salvador says its their own fault a Salvadorian father and daughter drowned trying to illegally enter the United States. He points out that it's not the US' fault that El Salvador is an unlivable #hole.

“People don’t flee their homes because they want to, people flee their homes because they feel they have to,” Bukele told the BBC. “Why? Because they don’t have a job, because they are being threatened by gangs, because they don’t have basic things like water, education, health.”

He continued: “We can blame any other country but what about our blame? What country did they flee? Did they flee the United States? They fled El Salvador, they fled our country. It is our fault.”

edit on Mon Jul 1 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As much as I agree that it's their fault people are abandoning their country... whose fault is it they felt the need to travel over 2300 miles and through two other countries to the USA instead of somwehere else?

That's a huge journey.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

A leader with a heart and a conscience actually taking some responsibility... actually saying "It started here, with us. We could have and should have done better."

Wow. That's truly awesome. That's how the best changes begin. In the heart.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well, I'm shocked that the left leaning BBC actually covered this story. You'll probably have to wait until hell freezes over to see CNN or MSNBC cover it. How shocking...NOT!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Excellent that he is stating the truth. The ? Is, will he, or can he do anything about it?

I can't help but wonder if its just pandering to get back on the US foriegn aid gravy train.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
As much as I agree that it's their fault people are abandoning their country... whose fault is it they felt the need to travel over 2300 miles and through two other countries to the USA instead of somwehere else?

That's a huge journey.

I agree. It is a huge journey. Who paid for it? That's the SOB that I want to get my hands on.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That's a huge journey.

because they thought Americans were good People and would care about their plight and they may be safe and have their lives back?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

That's a huge journey.

because they thought Americans were good People and would care about their plight and they may be safe and have their lives back?

I know many people, over 20 personally that are having a very tough time financially

You seem like a good person

So I guess they are free to travel to your home knowing you will care about their plight

And if they die trying to get into your property without your permission (maybe fall through a window) does that mean you are uncaring and should be blamed?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

That's a huge journey.

I agree. It is a huge journey. Who paid for it? That's the SOB that I want to get my hands on.

The ones who can afford the airfare are heading to Spain so they say that is 1000 US $. The bus or whatever to come here must be less than that.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

travel to your home

it is God's home and land first off.
I am sure when your ancestors traveled here they let them in regardless of what the American Indians had to say..

This is not a house it is a country and we have immigration and we migrate to other countries. (n 2016, the agency estimated 9 million U.S. citizens were living abroad.)

Is it the Families fault that they arrive and find out our laws work so slow they could sit on the border 20 years before the process is complete?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You have pragmatic reasons for not welcoming 20 poor people into your house

Supporting twenty poor people is not sustainable. It’s not that you don’t care for the poor people it’s just not realistic you can take indefinite numbers

The same is true of a country

It is a family’s fault for deciding to break a law regardless of the circumstances

Would it be the poor people I knows fault if they were desperate and stole from you or snuck into your house and refused to leave, even if they were desperate?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Pretty sure you would never hear such a thing from any US president say the same that the US is the biggest cause of refugees worldwide with all those wars/meddling&sanctions (which makes people loose their jobs and experience poverty or even death) over in the ME (&other country's) in retrospect.

US Government Tops All for Creating Refugees
www.strategic-culture.org...

This new report from the United Nations documents Statistica’s headline, and it proves that America’s regime-change operations have actually created around half of the world’s refugees. It proves that America’s penchant for invading and trying to overthrow the governments that its billionaires want to replace (“regime-change”) has been by far the biggest of all single causes of refugees worldwide, vastly higher than any other government. Regardless of how bad those other governments might possibly be, the US regime is far worse — at least as being the cause, the creator, of the world’s refugee problems.

Consider the countries that the US regime has recently regime-changed or attempted to:

The US regime invaded Afghanistan in 2001, Iraq in 2003, Syria in 2012-2019, and has been applying, in order to overthrow the Government of Venezuela, strangulating economic sanctions. All of those four target-countries (Syria, Venezuela, Iraq, and Afghanistan) lead the list of nations that are bleeding the most refugees. The US regime’s “regime-change” operations abroad are therefore certainly the leading cause of the world’s refugee-crisis.

No, never gonna happen, taking blame with those in power in the US for sure.
edit on 1-7-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You have pragmatic reasons for not welcoming 20 poor people into your house

Supporting twenty poor people is not sustainable. It’s not that you don’t care for the poor people it’s just not realistic you can take indefinite numbers

The same is true of a country

It is a family’s fault for deciding to break a law regardless of the circumstances

Would it be the poor people I knows fault if they were desperate and stole from you or snuck into your house and refused to leave, even if they were desperate?

So let us take an example, the young Woman arrested and her baby taken was working at a chicken plant.

Now my neighbors Daughter in her 30's on welfare proceeded to get pregnant by who knows and now has three children. So one day she comes to Mom and both of them come complaining to me that "THE GOVERNMENT shorted her on HER check.

This young Woman lives in an area with many jobs available but instead of working she increases her money by breeding.

Somehow we feel this is sustainable. How about an exchange of healthy welfare recipients for hard working "aliens"?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Wel you are making one of my favorite economist Milton Friedman’s arguments

He argued anyone that wasn’t a violent criminal should be allowed in the country

And also there is absolutely zero government welfare for anyone, even us citizens

Then we have a country only of hard workers

But you can’t have a welfare state and open borders

And seeing as how there is no way we will end the welfare state

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

To further discuss this post

I know many illegals are probably awesome people who work harder than me. I don’t begrudge any person for wanting a better life

But the purpose of the government is to represent the citizens of this country

Unfortunately that includes deadbeat citizens

But it is not the role of a government which is funded solely by its people to ignore its own people in favor of helping others

This means that sadly we can’t let all of the poor of the world in

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This means that sadly we can’t let all of the poor of the world in

I think there is a big misunderstanding by People who have not researched what is really going on. People coming are not all poor, they are all kinds.
I saw an interview with a business owner who said her family could have stayed, so they thought. They had the money to get the stuff others were not able to get, food for instance.
But they decided they had to leave after a kidnaping and money extortion for 10,000 us dollars. They ran with their kids to be safe. They left a home and business and were not poor.

These are all kinds of people not just mexicans trying to get work. The waiting list of people includes 54 countries I read.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ok they are all people seeking a better quality of life

You make it sound like it’s the us fault for not quickly accepting all of them

It’s not

Just like your not to blame for immediately accepting the poor people I know into your house

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nothing but respect for that politician, wonder if he will survive long enough to help bring about chance in his country.

That said I seem to remember in one of the first articles I read... think it was AP it was reported that they didn't even try for Asylum.

IF that is true seems like ultimately its the fathers fault... dragging his family 2300 miles then trying to swim across a flooded river with children.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You make it sound like

I don't make it sound like anything, people put their own biased curve on whatever they want.
Read me whatever way you prefer, add, subtract from my meaning feel free.
I am sure the ...stars... are all yours to reach for.
edit on 1-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Are you implying I make posts for stars?

If so that is absurd

I though we were having a reasonable conversation

I wouldnt say your posts are all to virtue signal how woke and kind you are, so I would expect you to not proscribe motivation other than conversation to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join