It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of War in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
April 16, 1953

At a $150,000 a minute, think of this false war in context of your tax dollars; or more specifically, the amount of time you need to work just to cover your tax nut.

You can embed the counter on your web page, so don't hesitate to do so!

www.costofwar.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
And?

Yep, its a fact that going to War costs tax-payer money BT. You bring up a good and valid point. The difference lies with those who think the war was unnecessary and those that felt it was necessary....thus the And?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've not been back in full swing on the boards....so I apologize for not knowing your position, but am I to assume you're in the 'necessary' ranks?

"Wars cost Money" is a all too flip response that some have thrown at this issue when the financials are presented. It's also a thread worn justification now classic and representative of this administration; right up there with "all politicians lie" or "Clinton did it too" or "tax cuts do stimulate the economy".
Simple tally of the 'immediate threat variables'(none) from Iraq X 'recession'+'rampant unemployment'+'mass exodus of investments'+'tax cuts for the rich closing necessary social programs'+'highest number of municipalites and states going bankrupt since the great depression' = no justification for immediate war with Iraq.
And 'conquest' is the appropriate term - not like the outcome was ever in doubt.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
BT, and your posting this is not the same as me saying "War cost money?" Your only providing the fact. There is nothing cliche' to this....there is no "flip response". There is no "Clinton did it too." Your blowing steam in the wrong direction.

You are simply using this to provide more fire to your agenda. Simple as that. Nothing to read into, no debate, and no "variables". You are only giving and providing what anyone already knows....whether justified or not justified, this war is costing us tax payer dollars.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
WEll estamates said it cost each individual would pay around 80 bucks for the war. A price im willing to pay to be safe. Would cost a lot more to rebuild a major US city

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
BT, and your posting this is not the same as me saying "War cost money?" Your only providing the fact. There is nothing cliche' to this....there is no "flip response". There is no "Clinton did it too." Your blowing steam in the wrong direction.

You are simply using this to provide more fire to your agenda. Simple as that. Nothing to read into, no debate, and no "variables". You are only giving and providing what anyone already knows....whether justified or not justified, this war is costing us tax payer dollars.

regards
seekerof

No blowing steam at you...quite the contrary & I'm sorry if you thought that was my intent. The postings intent was to put in real terms, via comparison provided in the links on the page, that it's money poorly spent. providing the fact is of critical importance; all with eyes open had trackable data on Dim Son's management style from two terms of driving Texas into the ground....I'm hoping that people finally take notice of the national scale malfesance.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

No blowing steam at you...quite the contrary & I'm sorry if you thought that was my intent. The postings intent was to put in real terms, via comparison provided in the links on the page, that it's money poorly spent. providing the fact is of critical importance; all with eyes open had trackable data on Dim Son's management style from two terms of driving Texas into the ground....I'm hoping that people finally take notice of the national scale malfesance.

Its no biggie BT, I meant no disrespect myself.

regards
seekerof

top topics

join