It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor: "Hate Crime Hoaxes Are More Common Than You Think"

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
www.wsj.com...

Mr. Reilly eventually compiled a database of 346 hate-crime allegations and determined that less than a third were genuine. Turning his attention to the hoaxes, he put together a data set of more than 400 confirmed cases of fake allegations that were reported to authorities between 2010 and 2017. He allows that the exact number of false reports is probably unknowable, but what can be said “with absolute confidence is that the actual number of hate crime hoaxes is indisputably large,” he writes. “We are not speaking here of just a few bad apples.”

these things tend to make the news for a few days, outraging progressives and justifying self-proclaimed victims, then disappear upon further review.
would like to see these hoaxes better prosecuted.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Jussie Smollett perpetrating his hate crime hoax is another good example of the deceptive nature of such pathetic acts - I think these clowns carry out this crap because they are brainwashed hyper-racist attention whores - simple as that.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yes the consequences should be akin to actually committing a "hate" crime. You are certainly correct about people confirming their bias and moving a long before the facts of the case come out.

In the last month I have seen people start sharing the original stories of ones that i know were fake, like the black church that ended up being burnt down by one of its parishioners to try and hide his embezzlement.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You cannot police love nor hate.

A crime is a crime....hating someone can never be a crime...but some diabolical people have created a proxy figurehead by attempting to sell something called a "hate crime"....its laughable.....a crime is a crime....we can police crimes....but NOT MINDS.....if people don't like you look in the mirror...and re-evaluate yourself..... hate crime my hass I don't have to like anything I don't naturally embrace...I may hate or love as I choose.....lol...lol..this world is going to hades in a handbasket trying to cater to small special interest groups who have found ways to co-operate together to abrogate societal checks and balances....we are in a state of inequity favoring small special interest groups who IN NO WAYS reflects the needs and wants of the very society they thrive within....time for change....if people hate you tough titty said the kitty when the milk ran dry.....if people love you roll with it for as long as you can...but don't expect the rest of the world to roll over for your special needs NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU CAN CAMPAIGN COMITTEE OR POLITIC OR FINANCE...either stay on the hate train to hades or jump on the love Bus to heaven...its your choice.....but no politicking please.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

This is why we have Smollett's doing this.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This shows just how bad the lie during the Kavanaugh hearings was

Everyone said there is no benefit to anyone making up a crime

That is wrong, and shows the dangers of always believing alleged victims even if there is no proof

These allegations not only ruin the accused lives, but harm real victims by belittling their experience

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
People are gullible and narcissistic personalities know this and create these hate crimes as a way to get attention and gain sympathy (and as a form of misdirection).

People on the left are often way too quick to support these accusations without critical thought or analyses (surprise!).

I am very familiar with a case that was mentioned in the article being cited as it occurred in my town. A gay bar burned down and the owner claimed he found homophobic and racial slurs. This town is EXTREMELY liberal. I mean we have Drag Queen story time at the library. Rainbow flags everywhere, even on churches. Like the Smollet case, it made ZERO sense if you looked at it objectively.

Why would some racist come to our community and burn down an unknown gay bar? This isn't a rural area, so the odds of anyone holding those kind of views being anywhere near this town are slim to none.

The town rallied behind the bar owner. All the resident liberals acted all shocked and outraged. A few of us, simply didn't buy the story. Sure enough, about six months later it came out it was insurance fraud.

The biggest issue is that the media never actually "corrects the record". The initial story appears on front page but then when it is debunked, you might see it on Page 23 next to some car advertisement.

I am black. Grew up in the south in 70s / 80s. Even then, I've hardly ever been a "victim" or any kind of hate crime. Yeah, I've seen n*gger scrawled on some bathroom wall. Whoopee. I'm scarred and have PTSD as a result (sarcasm off).

Any racism I've experienced has been very subtle. Rarely are racist so bold to outright attack someone or do something flagrant like burn a cross in a yard which is why you know most of these incidents are fake.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
IMHO, submitting false accusations of hate crimes is a hate crime in and of itself. It is specifically done in most cases to bring hate to those the liar is opposed to. And I believe those alleging hate crime should be prosecuted as a perpetrator of a hate crime.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's a list of documented hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
IMHO, submitting false accusations of hate crimes is a hate crime in and of itself. It is specifically done in most cases to bring hate to those the liar is opposed to. And I believe those alleging hate crime should be prosecuted as a perpetrator of a hate crime.

Update 3.14.2023

Apparently these two guys were granted immunity of some type. They're now having a good time explaining how they helped/directed Jussie Smollett carry out his HATE CRIME HOAX.

The producers have returned from Africa to demonstrate HOW the Jussie Smollett HOAX was carried out.

Do you need a bit of a palate cleanser amidst the melting down of the banking system? Well, I’ve got something that just might do the trick.

The two men who helped disgraced actor Jussie Smollett fake a hate crime that set the nation on fire appeared on Fox Nation to reenact their role in the hoax.

Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo, otherwise known as the Osundairo brothers, took the cameras to the spot where the deed went down, and the results were hilarious!
redstate.com...

new topics

top topics

join