It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb explodes in field years later?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Saw this on the AP. What if it wasn't buried there, but fell through a time slip? There should be an investigation. First are there other signs it wasn't a lone bomb? Is there a significance to this site? Were there strange circumstances surrounding the event, UFO sightings or strange phenomenon?

Bomb from no where?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: llama

The article states a possible chemical reaction in the detonator, maybe due to decomposition? But I imagine it is hard to do forensics on something that made a 10m crater.

As far as the UFO sightings is concerned... Perhaps there was some spotting of such 76~ years ago?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Time slip?

Is it not far more likely to be linked to unexploded World War 2 ordnance that is still regularly found in Germany? It is near Limburg in the Hessen region - there was a German airfield there and the US had both armoured and infantry divisions move through there on the push into Germany. As such, it was no stranger to bombing raids.......

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of the old joke:

A bomb deactivation warning in Leipzig Central Station.
Everybody has to leave the area.

An English tourist: "How comes? Who did plant that bomb!?"
"Well, you guys did it."

Aaand thats German humor to you, thanks, I will lead myself out. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They still find bombs in cities and near other infrastructure like trainstations or water basins.

There are some circular holes in the forrest near by where it is said those are bomb craters and to not play in there because there could be some not gone off.

Maybe it was just old peoples rubbish.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Turns out, it wasn't a dud afterall... Well I'll be.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Bombs dropped in WW II are being found often.

Here is a Vid of one being detonated in Birmingham in 2017.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Where do you get time slips and UFOs from a WWII bomb? That's some imagination you've got there

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Where do you get time slips and UFOs from a WWII bomb? That's some imagination you've got there

Im thinking Youtube.......

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

To be fair, the planes that dropped them were probably unidentified flying objects at the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There were the foo fighters, yellow spheres that floated and allegedly had spooky tricks on shelf.

Like disrupting motor engines I read and old thread about that. If I remember correct then there was a story about the Japanese getting one of those from the Germans and they were afraid.

Could all be just lies but I thought I relay.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The origin of the weapon is likely WW2 period and it could have been either the Allies or even the German's themselves.
Toward the end of WW2 the NAZI's put in place a massive plan to continue the war even after the fall of Germany in an asymmetric manner and many German's such as Hitler Youth and SS soldiers were trained extensively in the necessary techniques to be used in this guerrilla war which was planned, as a part of it the German's invested in lot's and lot's of hidden weapon's caches, secret underground facility's and also in running it from a government in Exile probably in Argentina or Chile but other mind's decided to wage an economic war in the years following the end of there official Reich, those other mind's got themselves filthy rich and saw no reason to rock the boat any further so despite the preparations the regime had poured into Werewolf it actually went silent, that does not mean however that it disappeared or that there may not still be even in Germany today hidden NAZI faction's with direct ties to there old masters and knowledge of several such hidden caches of weapon's and explosives - though given the time most of those would be highly dangerous and likely even if they know of such caches they probably never check on them content to let nature and time hide them away from the world.
en.wikipedia.org...

However it is worth noting that during the NAZI period a very high ranking German intelligence boss by the name of Admiral Canaris whom was NOT a traitor to his nation but rather a devout German patriot whom however could not stomach the Nazi regime and what they were doing to his country was perhaps the main reason for the failure of Nazi Germany and probably the single most important anti Nazi of the entire war whom from his position of power OVER the German intelligence services managed to systematically and constantly until he was finally exposed to sabotage the NAZI wartime spy effort's even going so far as to deliberately send badly trained agent's with poor English and heavy accent's whom he knew were going to be captured to be parachuted into England, by the end of the war the British were surprised to find out just how many German agent's had actually been working against the NAZI's all along but after the war these men and woman whom were though anti NAZI very patriotic and intelligent German's did there best to take over the agency's of the US and - succeeded beyond there wildest dream's with fear of the communists allowing them not only to actually retain there own intelligence agent's - working for the US but under there own masters but also to infiltrate and take over there new allies and former enemy's in the US.
en.wikipedia.org...

Due to the amount of bomb's dropped on Germany during the closing stages of WW2 it is likely an allied bomb miss-dropped or dropped from a damaged plane attempting to lighten it's load as it tried to return home.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
edit - because reply to different thread paste by mistake

edit on 25-6-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

ETA - real content :

so the OP wishes to dispute the narrative that this event was most likley a WWII era UXB .

ok - fine thats thier perogative - however - if they want to persue this line - do your own dammed research

there are german paranormal and UFO groups out thier - that keep logs of " unusual events " - if the OP wants the answers to there questions - go find instead of just JAQing off

lastly - - before leaping to fancifull " explainations " - its wise to actually have a valid reason to doubt the official narrative

in this case - the explosion site = < 30km from cologne , with multiple targets in the area - bombed reatedly during WWII

further - any competent investigator - will have found trace of the bomb case and detonation by-products - all consistent with a WWII era bomb

if this event had been in sweden or the republic of ierland - " WWII era UXB " would indeed be unlikley - as every event they had was meticulously documented at the time - and dealt with - theres no " outstanding issues "

but germany - as others have pointed out - still unearths WWII ordnance every year - and maintains training of army units to deal with it

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Correct, as do we in Britain, our cousin's over in France and also Belgium, I would actually say more than once every year though it is rare for WW2 bomb's to detonate after all of this time, instead we usually blow them up in controlled explosion's for safety reason's and move them to a safe location when that is possible and more importantly safe to do so.

Every so often we also have WW2 and WW1 sea mines that are trawled up by fishing boats mostly in the north sea as there is a whole lot of un-exploded ordnance in those waters and as for the daddy of all ticking time bomb's if this thing were ever to detonate it could be almost as bad as a small nuke.

(I have done that more than once myself, answered one thread on another).

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

the montgommery SHOULD have been bombed // shelled // straffed in june 1945 when a sensible plan could have been initiated

new topics

top topics

join