It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of illegals being used to vilify Trump actually from Obama era.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

PLEASE there are plenty of current photos of families and children. No one needs to use old ones.

I'm not the best with maths.... But if you look at the top left of the photo, it's dated from 2015, when I'm 64% sure Trump wasn't president.

Now, some cameras have the wrong date plugged in giving a false number, But one could venture to guess that since the original article from NPR in the OP dated August of 2016, it might indicate that indeed, the images were from 2015. When I'm still fairly certain Trump was not president.

What I'm starting to wonder, and this may sound crazy, is the possibility we may have a problem that is hard to deal with on our border. I know, I know, it's a crazy idea based on little to nothing.
edit on 24-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: gladtobehere

PLEASE there are plenty of current photos of families and children. No one needs to use old ones.

Surely you are not saying that this is not happening now....

[snipped]

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt! You might want to consider that there just aren't any pictures that would be emotionally impactful from the trump admin dealing with border issues so they have to use obama era pics. I really don't care either way, these alleged people are criminals. When we had border jumpers in africa, they were either fried on my electric fences or killed outright by reaction teams. We didn't screw around and as someone else mentioned, your meltdown is fun, liberal tears sustain me :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on Tue Jun 25 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Triggered by facts, devoid of logic, shoots from the hip - everything the DNC requires of their base.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Once again, if the leftist say it, it's probably a Silly lie.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you do not want your kids to go to jail, do not take them with you when you break into someones house.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

oh and trump doesnt need anyone to vilify him.

Then why do you continue then?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Jesus H Chirst.... defend any way possible. Support the most filthy policies because that cheeto said it.

Its getting worse by the day.

Then why aren't they using current photos?
Surely they are available, if there are as many as you claim?

Reeeeeeeeeee!

Because idiots cant use search engines... or someone purposefully used that picture so Trump supporters can deny whats going on just by citing this one photo as a falsehood.

(post by LSU2018 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Jesus H Chirst.... defend any way possible. Support the most filthy policies because that cheeto said it.

Reeeeeeeeeee!

Because idiots cant use search engines... or someone purposefully used that picture so Trump supporters can deny whats going on just by citing this one photo as a falsehood.

The photo isnt being cited as a falsehood.

Neither was the article from cbs dated 2014. The article that has obama quoted as saying "Do not send your children to the USA from central america . They will be detained, and then sent back. That's if they even get here in one peice."

Maybe "idiots" as you have labeled some people dont want to see the whole story.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Reeeeeeeeeee!

or someone purposefully used that picture so Trump supporters can deny whats going on just by citing this one photo as a falsehood.

I remember the media stories running it, so really it's on them. And that isn't the first time they used Obama era photos to vilify the Trump admin in regards to the border crisis.

The problem is a two sided coin. On one side you have systemic problems that have lead to today. Multiple admins introducing failed policy to lead us to where we are today. Blaming it all on Trump absolve those before him. We currently have a problem that is the same as before, and yet people want to pretend it's new.

Maybe if we actually tried to address the problem rather than using it as a political football, something would get done... I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hard to know whether the Twitter user is responsible for it or not but the one picture appears to have been cropped to remove the 2015 timestamp (image at the PBS source has it).

Not sure why anyone would use older images except that the government strives to keep embarrassing images from being released so there's not a ton of them the choose from.

You're not actually arguing that conditions are better now are you? This is the same detention facility (McAllen) in an image from a video released by the CBP last year:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Triggered by facts, devoid of logic, shoots from the hip - everything the DNC requires of their base.

So you're saying that the typical Democratic voter is basically Donald Trump minus the compulsive lying and habitual fraud?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Hard to know whether the Twitter user is responsible for it or not but the one picture appears to have been cropped to remove the 2015 timestamp (image at the PBS source has it).

Not sure why anyone would use older images except that the government strives to keep embarrassing images from being released so there's not a ton of them the choose from.

You're not actually arguing that conditions are better now are you? This is the same detention facility (McAllen) in an image from a video released by the CBP last year:

You honestly think we give a crap on the conditions there when our own CITIZENS and local facilities are badly in need of funding???

Take care of your own first before screaming bloody murder about peoples that aren't your own.

As far as I'm concerned, they live better than I did when I was growing up in section EIGHT housing.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There you go, purposely overlooking the point once again.

It's an old pic, but gosh darn it, do you thinks it's any better?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So you're saying that the typical Democratic voter is basically Donald Trump minus the compulsive lying and habitual fraud?

I think the difference is Democrats do nothing while Trump has overseen the largest wage increase in US history and we are at near 20 year high in quality of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What about when obama told these exact same people in 2014 not to come? We wont take you and you may die trying to get here is what he said....

Glad to see you have come back to try to spin this nonsense....
It's silly really

Lolz
🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why didnt these 5 adult age males clean up the cage they were living in for free?

If they are here to live a better life and they clearly had time on their hands they could have at least straightened up a bit.

What are the free public housing units going to look like?

Lolz🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I came here expecting a coordinated push of articles using old pictures, what I got instead was an article written in 2016 and the single post of a random Twitter user.

Ok.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
I came here expecting a coordinated push of articles using old pictures, what I got instead was an article written in 2016 and the single post of a random Twitter user.

Ok.

Anti tried using a photo of adult aged males that couldnt clean up after them selves about 4 posts before yours.

So you were not that far off....

Lolz🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Link them.

They've been linked here numerous times.

You can go find them yourself. I think most people are done dealing with your intellectual laziness.
edit on 24 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join