It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems' Agenda: Kill Jobs; Pander to Freeloaders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

There will always be winners and losers in society.

You guys need to realize that other people winning doesn't mean you lose.

It does if everyone ends up lower down. California has been implementing policies based one everyone winning for a long time now as it is a one party state and can more or less do whatever it wants.

Does it look like winning to you? And since it's winning, why do so many people keep leaving?

Or to put it really simply, when part of society busts their @sses to pull in $40, and others do nothing, and the government says, "In order for everyone to win, we must all have $20. So, in order to make sure that happens, we will take $20 from everyone with $40 to give to everyone who needs $20!" And suddenly, everyone who has $40 loses while everyone without wins.

Why do you think happens and who feels like they've won and who lost? Sorry, but no one who worked a 40 to 60 hour work week to have the $40 for themselves and their family feels like they've won, and they darn sure don't feel good to see people who stayed home smoking, drinking, playing video games suddenly get that extra money handed to them for nothing.
edit on 19-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 727Sky

As machines replace people there will be free money.

It's about time we discuss the actual future on our doorsteps.

AI, AGI, human genetic engineering, and human computer integration is starting. Within 15 -30 years the world is not going to be the same place.

What about when robotics take up half or more of the armed services?

Frankly the only Democrats who get this are andrew yang and tulsi gabbard. The rest of them are doing the throw money at the base trick. Same one Republicans do with tax cuts while deficit spending.

Folks the tribes aren't going to help solve the real problems coming. If you stay in your tribe you have a much higher chance of waking up one day to find skynet has been created through Google and the government controlling all the tech, and the wealthy being the only ones with access to human genetic engineering for disease control and things like higher IQ.

Most politicians are very far behind reality. Yang seems to be the only person who gets it. His solutions are debatable but the discussion is real. That is how he gets tucker Carlson or Neil cavuto interested.

options:
1. learn to repair robotics, program code, and work with logic machines.
2. find a way to suck off someones tit for free money and no work.

If you who want to worry about the future of AI and robotics really wanted a better future, you would be training for that future now. Starting up the bitch and moan machine this early just seems so stupid.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
UBI is a great idea.

Well, that is highly debatable, but...

The argument is based on the idea with AI and self-driving trucks millions of workers will not have jobs. If automation and productivity is so high what are workers going to do?

Wrong question...

I get the Republican message is always "so what, let people starve."

...sigh... ok, do you actually want to discuss the subject? Or do you want to toss out tired, false accusations against half the country just because you get some feely good points from your best buds on the fringe radical left?

But if you want to have a strong economy the "customers" then the income has come from somewhere!

I don't even understand what that is supposed to mean.

So, allow me to pontificate (not really, I just like that word) for a minute...

When I first heard about the concept of UBI, the idea was repulsive to me. People should be willing to earn their keep.

But, as I said in a different thread in the last few days, I started thinking about this idea, when coupled with the notion that AI and automation are going to eliminate millions of jobs and people may actually have trouble earning their keep one day in the not so distant future.

I recalled a book by Asimov I read a long time ago about a society on a planet called Solaria, a society where no one had to work, because their every need was provided for by robots. Robots did everything, from building the houses, to keeping the sewers running and everything in between - including maintaining (and replacing if needed) themselves.

So, in that context, and that context alone, I could see where there could be a place for UBI, in a society where robots could actually do the work to support their human masters.

The only problem is, this creates a slave 'race', and if the robots ever became sentient, we would likely have a very serious and terminal problem on our hands - at least until they were done wiping us out.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join