It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems' Agenda: Kill Jobs; Pander to Freeloaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Priorities of a transparent democratic party...

Don't include American greatness, it's the opposite.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

This has been true since LBJ. However capitalism destroyed Detroit. Many other mill towns as well. It's also going to automate most jobsout of the economy faster than we can adapt. 

You have it backwards.

Leftists and unions destroyed capitalism in Detroit, and then destroyed Detroit.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Priorities of a transparent democratic party...

Don't include American greatness, it's the opposite.

Tribalism at its finest.

.22 of the country is Democrat similar Republican the rest independent we all have different ideas of greatness.

Which is cool. We need to find room for all different points of view again. That is what makes America great.
edit on 19-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
[Double

link   
Politicians all have the same base agenda.
The same number one priority.

Get reelected.

Both sides use different methods to accomplish this task.

Take a long look at the breakdown of voter bases by geography. You'll notice real quick that large urban areas vote Democrat and rural areas vote Republican.

Neither rural or urban are stupid people, "same level of stupid maybe" but they see the world from a different perspective.
Until the policies of elected officials takes both sides into account we are screwed.

I'm a very liberal person on social issues and very conservative on economic issues.
Now just get politicians to work together and compromise for the greater good....haha, yeah

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Can't we just use leaves for money?
Then everybody can be rich.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I’ll look into it, thank you for the information!

edit on 19-6-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This has been true since LBJ. However capitalism destroyed Detroit. Many other mill towns as well. It's also going to automate most jobsout of the economy faster than we can adapt. 

You have it backwards.

Leftists and unions destroyed capitalism in Detroit, and then destroyed Detroit.

Nope. That is an opinion. The reality is the market will always seek profit. Regulations control that. Unions may have made it happen faster but they were the result of actual labor exploitation when they first formed.

The market after the Republican took us off the gold standard began using the CPI to guage inflation. As we devalued our currency we needed cheaper imports to lower the cpi and create the illusion of low inflation.

So everyone moved over seas union or not and many folded from the pressure of making cheaper goods in the US.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I’ll look into it, thank you for the information!

It could be one of the most outrageous shocking interviews ever....

A Republican and Democrat having a civil debate for over an hour, letting each other speak, and articulating clearly their differences in opinion without insult. Maybe NSFW. You never know who that will upset.

Ps if you really want to step into the twilight zone check out yang on tucker Carlson.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 727Sky

As machines replace people there will be free money.

Bull#! Who is going to make the machines, who is going to make the parts for the machines.....I can go on and on here. This is just a repeat of the buggy whip and telephone operator schtick from years ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Stories like this are very close to my heart. So glad that you found light at the other end, and things are looking up... Kudos for not giving up.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I guess you don't know what is being developed.

Machines will make and design machines within 50 years. Possibly far sooner.

Already an AI robotic cnc can search for it's own repair codes on the internet and pay for the service in crypto. AI can talk to other AI for information..

AI is replacing doctors in radiology. It sees more shades of gray and process 1000's more per day.

Folks like Ben Goertzel have been developing a neural network brain for AGI.

AI has been created to learn from other players in GO and beat the best player. Then they developed an AI that didnt learn from past players but on it's own without outside influence and it beat the AI that beat the people (and studied people to beat people)

Deep learning is having 10's ot billions poured in and that isn't even counting DARPA projects.

Time to wake up and smell the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Why do you think you will receive anything free?

Someone made the machine. They certainly aren't going to give you something for nothing.

Economy is exchange of good or service and if you dont have anything to trade you will go hungry.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Thank you 💙

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Why do you think you will receive anything free?

Someone made the machine. They certainly aren't going to give you something for nothing.

Economy is exchange of good or service and if you dont have anything to trade you will go hungry.

I agree I have adapted well as a carpenter. I actually had this conversation with a painter complaining about the flooded illegal worker market. I made lots of money in Austin Texas. I adapted and found niches. Didnt expect to punch a clock with common skills and be paid well.... Also told him I am a great fast painter as well. You have to learn skills to survive weather in the wild or a man made economy. Economics however is philosophy and can change and evolve and should as society does in a democratic way.

If AI takes the jobs what is the solution the hunger games?

Some socialites with family money live in techno cities and the rest live in peasant conditions?

The control of AI technology is a debate subject that needs to be had realistically. So is human genetic engineering.

If you allow those things to be controlled by their initial developers they will control the world with their access.

Please debate how to solve that.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All I can think of about machines doing all the work for us is Wall-E. The federal reserve prints money that it loans to the government. That is why we pay income taxes. Federal reserve act signed by Woodrow Wilson. It is a private bank and as such the government does not audit it, like it does it’s own programs. Republicans do not want people to starve. They do want those available to earn their keep though. Not much different than having a 30 year old child living under your roof and doing nothing to help out around the house.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Another philosophical problem is..what is the motivation for employers to hire human workers if cheaper, faster, and more reliable artifacts can be used in place. Why hire an architect not only can AI design a bridge it can run simulations...

There is a massive existential crisis coming for humanity. Whether its 15 or 75 years away it would be good to design a Democrat world for people to live in when machines do all the work and live beside us a synthetic beings.

I don't want free stuff. I am lucky and have taken care of myself. I just think folks haven't explored what is actually coming very quickly.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
All I can think of about machines doing all the work for us is Wall-E. The federal reserve prints money that it loans to the government. That is why we pay income taxes. Federal reserve act signed by Woodrow Wilson. It is a private bank and as such the government does not audit it, like it does it’s own programs. Republicans do not want people to starve. They do want those available to earn their keep though. Not much different than having a 30 year old child living under your roof and doing nothing to help out around the house.

This doesnt really help if they don't know 10's of millions of people will be out of work over the course of the next 25 years that will remain a net loss. Not because we can't adapt. But because the change is too fast to adapt without planning on it.

Democrats and Republican main stream politicians don't discuss reality of the future at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah, let's drag industrial revolution era BS into the future. That surely won't turn into a scheme to pay the serfs off while the rich and powerful live on Elysium.

The UBI is a scam.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah, let's drag industrial revolution era BS into the future. That surely won't turn into a scheme to pay the serfs off while the rich and powerful live on Elysium.

The UBI is a scam.

It could be..the problem would be how else to prevent say Google from controlling AI that replaces humans, and things like crispr from controlling who has access to higher IQ kids.

The ubi being a payout for the poor may seem like a scam but it seems far less so then welfare SSI and disability. Those who may be struggling but want to work have access to help without begging and having to prove how inept they are. That doesn't seem positive either to train people to prove they are victims.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join