It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover Curiosity Right Navcam Image Anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Sol 2438 12:32 Site 76/0832 NRB_613927069EDR_S0760832NCAM00595M_ Jun 16, 2019 at 3:16:46 AM UTC

There is nothing in the image frames before or anything showing up in the images after this image. Chances are it is just a cosmic ray hitting the image sensor. It is worth pointing out though because it does not seem to be your average cosmic ray hit to me. I admit a cosmic ray hit can look different, but a lot of the time they look like streaks and not like this.

If you can't find it the anomaly is the white "speck" on the right side of the image about halfway down the image, right above the ridge. Kinda looks like a tic-tac
JK

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well then there you go.

edit on 17-6-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's God performing a sign or wonder to show that he is the Lord of the entire universe.

As for the hundreds of babies that are dying and will die from unfortunate health conditions in the next few days.. sorry but God doesn't intervene in physical reality to help or hurt anyone. Jesus isn't a miracle worker.

If they die, they die. Same as the hundreds of millions that have died before and will after. The Jews, terrorist victims, school shootings, he can't.. he can't save none of them.

He can make lights and signs in the sky and tell prophets whats about to happen before it happens so they can tell everyone else that it's going to happen, then it does. The entire end of the world is mapped out but those babies, lol not so lucky.

Check out these lights though.
edit on 6/17/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That is awesomely interesting!! Of course, it could be _______________ (lengthy list of known objects). And, it could well be something ordinary, but for the time being, it is interesting!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow cool anti God comment, very thoughtful and concise! Way to go!!a reply to: r0xor

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
At highest screen magnification, it looks like two white horizontal lines of slightly different lengths, with a small, more-or-less symmetrical feature near the center. I'd tend to interpret this as an imaging fault, possibly due to data drop-out or some form of noise.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Too bad the Left Navcam was not taking pictures at the time for whatever reason. If it showed up in that one, too, we'd really have something. For some reason, the Right Navcam tends to have more of these kinds of image irregularities, although if they were gamma ray strikes you'd think they'd be roughly equal in both cameras.

Every once in a while I like to make little sequential .gifs using the subframe stuff and see if there are any changes from one to the next. You'd be surprised at how often a little spot will show up for a frame and vanish. Both white and black blobs. The white ones I write off as gamma ray strikes. The black ones? Martian mosquitoes, I guess.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Cosmic ray or not, I think it's a problem with the sensor.

Looking at the anomaly with 500% zoom we can see that the edges of the anomaly are sharp, not fuzzy as they would be if this was an object being photographed.

PS: the image below was resized to 500% with "pixel resize", to avoid resampling of the image, as that would change the sharpness of the edges.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Looks like the MSM has picked this up.

Mysterious glowing light on Mars captured by Nasa's Curiosity probe

A photograph taken by Nasa’s Curiosity rover on Mars has captured a mysterious bright glow on a distant Martian hillside.

The black and white photograph shows the desert landscape with high rocky hills in the background.

In front of the larger rock formations, a tiny elongated white blob appears to be streaking past.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It looks like a helicopter landed, filmed in infared.
Would humans freak out if a grey alien took a selfie using the Rover camera? 👽👽

new topics

top topics

join