It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING ‘Massive’ Power Failure Hits at Least 2 Latin American Countries, 50 MILLION without po

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
the earthquake at the naval base in Nevada

What Navy base in Nevada? Fallon? An earthquake at Fallon? Been there done that. 1983

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

This is why you shouldn't centralise anything.

Many many governments around the world are so focused on Metropolitan areas, screw the rural communities and their concerns.

Cut off a snakes head and the body will die, which makes these singular power stations a prime target for terrorists or other nefarious individuals.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: MamaJ
the earthquake at the naval base in Nevada

What Navy base in Nevada? Fallon? An earthquake at Fallon? Been there done that. 1983

True, if you asked me if there was an Navy base in Nevada i would've replied 'yeah sure, and I've landed on the moon' it's true. Fallon is not exactly dropping destroyers into sand naval base as we think.

It's crazy, next thing is some crazy dude is gonna claim China is building islands and fake cities and...oh wait...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Russia, China, North Korea and the USA need somewhere to practice the cyber-takedowns of each other's power-grids.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: ganjoa
Similar to my thoughts, but I suspect that our military intelligence efforts recently to hack the Russian power grid may have become "redirected".
Uncertain whether the target managed to reroute the incursion or if the Argentina plant is part of a large, as yet undocumented, private network.
Just seems too much coincidence with an acknowledged attack occurring at this time.

ganjoa

Or there was a test by the US in these other countries and something went wrong and the kill switch got triggered somehow... Someone put the temp in control for a bit and stuff happened, regardless of all checks and smart people working on it...it happened nonetheless

Of course the evil Russian living under your bed caused it, what other explanation could there be?

What evil Russian living under my bed? Best bet is that the NYT lied about the Russian power grid attack - or - it's a much larger operation than just the Russians. Besides it's the USA doing the hacking not the bed ridden ruskies....

ganjoa
edit on 17-6-2019 by ganjoa because: because i broke mid sentence

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What evil Russian living under my bed? Best bet is that the NYT lied about the Russian power grid attack - or - it's a much larger operation than just the Russians. Besides it's the USA doing the hacking not the bed ridden ruskies....
ganjoa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What about the deep-state causing the power grid failures... Deep-State & Globalists forming a Hack-Team of Cyber Warriors to strike fear in the South & Central Americans who did not yet join in the previous Caravan Exodus to the USA already....

Obama holdovers I lump in with deep-state enemies of the Constitutional Republic.

the Coup plotters are trying to delay their meeting-with-destiny & the imposing-of-Justice-upon them...by creating more illegal immigrant waves of invaders/chaos/diseases/etcetera

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmm which country is next?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Trump did it....turns and runs.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No one needs tinfoil

when we know full well the US and other countries have been using south america as a testing ground for all sorts of various shady # at least since the 1940's

but yeh I am happy that its a #e electrical system and just bad infrastructure and maintenance

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Argentina has been a mess since its economic collapse, I would imagine its not a stretch to think they haven't exactly kept up with repairs and updates to the system, could honestly be a natural end to money shortage and corruption issues.

Add in this obsession with consolidating everything, you have a mixture for a really bad situation.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

Similar to my thoughts, but I suspect that our military intelligence efforts recently to hack the Russian power grid may have become "redirected".
Uncertain whether the target managed to reroute the incursion or if the Argentina plant is part of a large, as yet undocumented, private network.
Just seems too much coincidence with an acknowledged attack occurring at this time.

ganjoa

Or there was a test by the US in these other countries and something went wrong and the kill switch got triggered somehow... Someone put the temp in control for a bit and stuff happened, regardless of all checks and smart people working on it...it happened nonetheless

Of course the evil Russian living under your bed caused it, what other explanation could there be?

ganjoa

It was a joke about how a lot of people are so afraid of Russian because they were told it had to be like that and they fell for it...

That the 'monster under the bed' turned out to be Russian... So says the US msm

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Err, that video is about a suspected/alleged UFO sighting in Argentina before an electrical outage back in 2009, ten years ago.

Are you suggesting that something similar occurred before this incident?

Does anyone know if all power has been restored and if a definite cause has been determined?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: opethPA

No one needs tinfoil

when we know full well the US and other countries have been using south america as a testing ground for all sorts of various shady # at least since the 1940's

but yeh I am happy that its a #e electrical system and just bad infrastructure and maintenance

Because nothing happens in the world without the USACIAMasons doing it ?

Dinosaurs died out...US did it.
The Red Wedding happening and season 8 sucking....US did it

Occam agrees with your last line though as that is or was the most likely cause of the outage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join