It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your dog on a #ing lead!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I don't think it was road rage either. I would have given mr. dog walker a big chunk of what was on my mind too, Damn Straight!

Not only would I be ultra-upset over running over a dog (I too like dogs better than people), but I also would have been ultra-pissed off for him letting it happen! Plus, how much you want to bet if he'd actually hit the guy's dog that the guy would have freaked out and started screaming..."YOU RAN OVER MY DOG, YOU BASTAGE! YOU RAN OVER MY LITTLE PUPPY DOG. YOU BASTAGE! I'M GONNA SUE YOU!! (not that he'd win, but you'd still have to go hire an attorney).

Then again, people are idiots. (which is why I like dogs better).

Haha yes they are! But It reeeeally sucks that people lack basic common sense though 😒

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: FinallyAwake

They just want to look like persons in control, that does not need it.. because they have control over everything, the situation, the dog and they believe bad things happens to everyone else, never them, they think they are better then the rest of us.

I have a loyal Gordon Setter always on a lead no matter where I walk him. I must be a bad dog handler then, in the eyes of those that do not use one.

Damn you are probably right there you know! Arrogance! 😡

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Note to self:

Cut down on the emoji's!

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I accidentally killed a rat while trying trying to evict it from my home last year, I actually cried for a day...

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Guess I'm lucky to live in an area with leash laws.

Not to mention that my doggo, if off lead, could sprint up to about 40mph, and could run all day at about 20mph...( and she's easily spooked) so we are always, always on lead.

As far as off lead dogs...the majority of those people say "my dog is friendly"....but guess what...maybe my dog isn't friendly...ever think of that???

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Don't you mean "Put your dog on a leash"? If I put my dog on a lead, the dog would presumably be leading me.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Guess I'm lucky to live in an area with leash laws.

Not to mention that my doggo, if off lead, could sprint up to about 40mph, and could run all day at about 20mph...( and she's easily spooked) so we are always, always on lead.

As far as off lead dogs...the majority of those people say "my dog is friendly"....but guess what...maybe my dog isn't friendly...ever think of that???

If you have an unfriendly dog out in public you are a far larger problem than the numnuts walking the dog around without a lead.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

I accidentally killed a rat while trying trying to evict it from my home last year, I actually cried for a day...

😞

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Don't you mean "Put your dog on a leash"? If I put my dog on a lead, the dog would presumably be leading me.

We rarely use the world leash here in the UK, and it's our language, so....

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
At least they were with the dog, leash or not. I can't tell you how many dogs I've seen just running around my neighborhood, no human anywhere near them. I feel bad for these dogs, wonder if anyone cares that they are just running around unsupervised by anyone, risking getting run over or whatever. Just so sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I did an emergency stop, and gave this IDIOT aggressive piece of my mind out my window, and his whiney response was "he's never done it before"

No disrespect, but road rage is pretty immature. Cool down, rein in the aggression and have a conversation about why you think the guy should use a lead. In that way you may be more effective in (a) changing behaviour and (b) not acting like a dick.

No offense to you and anyone else that sheltered in life so far, but that's not road rage, fragile princess. That's a person giving a moron a piece of their mind because said moron could have both lost a pet and caused more than just a single-car accident. It's a natural split-second reaction to try to avoid hitting something that crosses your path too closely, and could easily have lead to someone or something else being hit while trying to avoid the damn unleashed dog.

It's perfectly acceptable --and SHOULD be standard -- to rip idiots like that a new one, because they're setting up a dangerous situation for others around them by having too few common sense brain cells collide too infrequently.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Totally agree with you , i once had a great mutt BUT the noise of fireworks or shutters on a shop would spook him , and in the 16 years i and him i can count on one hand the number of times he was on a lead .

No kidding i left a friends house one night at 1 am really drunk with him and told him to sit at the kerb on a busy road while i pulled up my zip as it was raining , woke up and wondered where he was someone took him in at 8 am still sitting by the kerb
i was real lucky with that dog

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I'm not in the UK, mate.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I'm not in the UK, mate.

I know, that is obvious 🤔

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I hate dogs, and I hate people that don't leash them even more.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

I hate dogs, and I hate people that don't leash them even more.

Rule of thumb for me is to be wary if people is like you.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not even...You're an idiot if you think that.

Dogs aren't all super friendly lovey dovey with every dog. I don't want a dog like that. My dogs have always been aloof, but not aggressive. So if you think you know more about dogs and their behaviour, I'd love to have a conversation with you. Even further I'd love to have a conversation with you as to why leash laws are important...

Every time my dogs have been charged off lead, I put them behind me and they stay behind me. They let me take care of business. Incidentally we've only been charged once by a non-pitbull type. They trust me because I've never let them get hurt. But they also don't want to interact with a dog that runs up to them full speed...I mean come on...what would you do if some stranger comes running straight up to you at full speed without saying a word? Most people I know would brace themselves for impact, except for a few that i know would have their gun hand on the grip and a warning to stop on their tongue.

edit on 17-6-2019 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2019 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Yes there are bad owners out there and obviously dogs have personalities that vary. I still think that people that have have aggressive dogs out in public are a problem to society just like violent criminals are a problem for society, if that makes me an idiot in your mind so be it.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Bud, only a complete fool thinks they can control a dog's natural instincts off-leash. They are, after all, DIRECT WOLF DESCENDANTS to begin with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join