It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your dog on a #ing lead!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
For years I have been angered seeing people walk their dogs along BUSY roads without a lead.

I've always thought "Yes I'm sure your dog is completely obedient, but what about if something suddenly spooked the dog (for eg from one of the garden gates it's passing) and it ran a few feet into the road /under a car)???"

They all say "my dog would never do that"

Well guess what?

I saw a dude walking his dog off a lead (I always watch the the dogs carefully in case)
Something spooked it and yes, it ran in front of my car ๐Ÿ˜ก

I did an emergency stop, and gave this IDIOT aggressive piece of my mind out my window, and his whiney response was "he's never done it before"

I replied;

"WELL HE #ING JUST DID AND SHOULD BE DEAD!!!"

Put your dog on a #ing lead, it's irresponsible!

Rant over
edit on 15-6-2019 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb is dumb

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I did an emergency stop, and gave this IDIOT aggressive piece of my mind out my window, and his whiney response was "he's never done it before"

No disrespect, but road rage is pretty immature. Cool down, rein in the aggression and have a conversation about why you think the guy should use a lead. In that way you may be more effective in (a) changing behaviour and (b) not acting like a dick.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

and to follow up - once the animal is on the lead - keep it under control -hint thats not 10m extendible lead at full stretch

i got flipped off my bike on a canal towpath by a yappy mutt which launched itself at a duck and tangled my pedal with its lead

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

No disrespect, but road rage is pretty immature. Cool down, rein in the aggression and have a conversation about why you think the guy should use a lead. In that way you may be more effective in (a) changing behaviour and (b) not acting like a dick.

Was it road rage or caring for animals ?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here in the States , most areas (cities , counties and/or States) have leash laws.
If your dog is outside , it better be on a leash.
For a reason

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I would be enraged if another persons carelessness made me unwittingly responsible for a dogs death. Sometimes you need to berate an idiot so they will never forget how they screwed up, life and death situations warrant such behavior.
edit on 15-6-2019 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yeah, no disrespect, but I don't consider that road rage. I consider that a standard emotional response from someone who didn't want to have that experience. I love dogs, hell, I love them more than people. I won't lie, I would be pretty upset if I ran over a dog, even if it was a complete accident and no fault of my own. If I were in that situation I honestly would've yelled at them as well, not only because I would've felt like crap for killing their dog, but also because that dog is apparently not ready enough to be left off-lead along the road.

Apparently a few people agree with the op, so will our words be more effective in how you respond to someone in that situation?? If not, then you understand why he responded the way he did.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As for the "road rage" angle, I have found giving people a thumbs up and saying something like "Good Job!" gets a better response for what ever reason. Sure "road rage" is and can be bad, but bottling up emotions in the first place is what causes excessive road rage to boil over.

Also if someone doesn't control their animal, that is more than enough reason for an emotional response.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I agree with you.

It would break my heart to hit a dog over someone elseโ€™s carelessness.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

They just want to look like persons in control, that does not need it.. because they have control over everything, the situation, the dog and they believe bad things happens to everyone else, never them, they think they are better then the rest of us.

I have a loyal Gordon Setter always on a lead no matter where I walk him. I must be a bad dog handler then, in the eyes of those that do not use one.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It sounds like you're the one who should be on a leash.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dbl soz
edit on 15-6-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No disrespect either, but it wasn't road rage.
And that goes to the 4 people that starred you too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Exactly man, it's not rocket science is it is! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Was it road rage or caring for animals ?

Thank you โœŠ๐Ÿผ

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: paraphi

I would be enraged if another persons carelessness made me unwittingly responsible for a dogs death. Sometimes you need to berate an idiot so they will never forget how they screwed up, life and death situations warrant such behavior.

Exactly why I react the way I do sometimes (which is rare!) but if someone bollocked me due to my own stupidity, I certainly would never forget it OR make the same mistake again. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I personally would have trouble recovering from accidentally killing an animal ๐Ÿ˜ž

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Yeah, no disrespect, but I don't consider that road rage. I consider that a standard emotional response from someone who didn't want to have that experience. I love dogs, hell, I love them more than people. I won't lie, I would be pretty upset if I ran over a dog, even if it was a complete accident and no fault of my own. If I were in that situation I honestly would've yelled at them as well, not only because I would've felt like crap for killing their dog, but also because that dog is apparently not ready enough to be left off-lead along the road.

Apparently a few people agree with the op, so will our words be more effective in how you respond to someone in that situation?? If not, then you understand why he responded the way he did.

Very well said! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
I also have more compassion for animals than people. I don't tell many people that, but you just did online, so what the hell I'll join you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Eta that doesn't mean I wouldn't risk my life to save a stranger! Just saying lol

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree with you.

It would break my heart to hit a dog over someone elseโ€™s carelessness.

Thanks bro, people who love animals this much are usually good to go in all walks of life โœŠ๐Ÿผ

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't think it was road rage either. I would have given mr. dog walker a big chunk of what was on my mind too, Damn Straight!

Not only would I be ultra-upset over running over a dog (I too like dogs better than people), but I also would have been ultra-pissed off for him letting it happen! Plus, how much you want to bet if he'd actually hit the guy's dog that the guy would have freaked out and started screaming..."YOU RAN OVER MY DOG, YOU BASTAGE! YOU RAN OVER MY LITTLE PUPPY DOG. YOU BASTAGE! I'M GONNA SUE YOU!! (not that he'd win, but you'd still have to go hire an attorney).

Then again, people are idiots. (which is why I like dogs better).

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

It sounds like you're the one who should be on a leash.

Maybe
Just don't fk with animals because a leash wont hold me back

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join