It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Racism, Fact or Fiction ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It can definitely be a thing.

Last night we went down to a basketball tournament my oldest nephew was playing in. His team was in the last 8 minutes of a game when we got there, and this is the first thing I saw:

The teams are lined up to take a 1 and 1 free throw. Kid taking the shot misses the free throw. There is no lane violation on anyone's part. Other team rebounds the miss and gets a long outbounds pass to the fast breaking kid who makes a clean layup at the other end. You would think that's 2 easy points.

But suddenly, the coach of the team whose shooter missed the free throw gets in the ear of the ref yelling "That's a 1 and 1! That's a 1 and 1!" Ref blows the whistle. Play stops. The two points are removed from the board and everyone lines up to shoot the shot again. No one can figure out why.

I'm looking at my folks, and they are saying it's been this way all half with the coach and the two refs. The coach makes the calls, and the refs would call them.

What did the three have in common? Race. I'm not sure what else explains it. It sure wasn't the kids on the floor. The teams were about the same percentage of racial mix, and they came from two tiny schools out in the boonies. I've seen coaches play (or try to play) that card with refs before too.

When I was in high school, my own high school sent a team to the state championship for basketball and ran into a mostly black team in the finals. The coach was black and one of the refs was black and things started to go against that team. The coach tried to play the race card with the black ref. "Won't you help a brother out?" And the ref put him down pretty sharp for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: AlienView

At my job most of the employees are black. They will only hire black people as managers and openly say they will never let white people get management jobs because they only look after white people.

This is a deflection tactic and really a civil rights violation.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
One more thread about how black people are racist. Here on a forum that this has been pointed out and discussed endlessly for years and years. AND YEARS

So how is it that you believe it deserves another thread on the topic. How is it that after all this time you still find it necessary to start one more thread on ''how blacks are racist too'' when you should have moved on to how WE ALL CAN BE RACIST TO OTHERS. HUH? Explain that to me so I don't incorrectly assume that you are just one more white guy pissing aat the moon over how your race is now so discriminated against.

Because outside of ATS the belief is that they can't be. Once everyone acknowledges and accepts that, we can move on.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

They passed up on a manager that would have been awesome, was great at his job, and cared about the staff, because he was white. They went with a black woman with zero experience who has the worst personality for managing, and they reaped what they sowed. I was employee of the month and just part time because of school, she forced me to quit by changing my schedule to hours I couldn't work and telling me if I didn't like it to quit. She is gone now and everyone is asking me to reapply but I won't.

My post was simply highlighting the problem is not what the fake news media claims it to be.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Check that.

It isn't that black people *are* any more than that white people *are* racist. It's only that they can be just like white people can be.

There is a popular belief that racism requires some kind of mythical power relationship to exist, but that's not the case. All it requires is a pervasive inability to tolerate someone of another skin color, ethnic background, religion, etc.

Honestly, we've so blurred true racism with bigotry in terms of the textbook definition that we no longer really recognize it when we see it. True racism is simply a belief in the superiority of one's race over others which is thankfully rare on all sides, but black supremacy groups do exist just like white supremacy groups do.

The more pervasive problem is bigotry which is the intolerance of people of other groups, and the tribal mentality of the grievance industry actually fosters bigotry rather than fight it.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The only place I see that being parroted is amongst conservatives having rape fantasy..

You know the same old “I know you are but what am I” that works on conservatives for whatever unknown reason..

You know just like “I didn’t collide with the Russians! Hillary colluded with the Russians and then told the world to look into the Russians. Inherently risking to expose her secret relationship!!”

Lol

Or when someone claiming to be falsely accused of racism calls their accuser a racist.. as if the definition of racism changed lol..

You would think that would stop working at some point..

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It doesn’t take the power dynamic to be racism, it dies however need the power dynamic to matter...

Does it matter what the hobo on the corner thinks about you??

Nope..

Does it matter what your boss thinks about you??

Yes..

Why??

Because your boss has power over you and the hobo does not...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Congrats on one of the most incoherent posts I've read in some time.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Power dynamics are independent of racism or bigotry though.

Your boss can mess you up for not liking you for any reason whatsoever. He or she may just not like you. It's a mistake to always try to assign a motive beyond simply animus to it. Maybe you just aren't likable?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Power dynamics are independent of racism or bigotry though.

Your boss can mess you up for not liking you for any reason whatsoever. He or she may just not like you. It's a mistake to always try to assign a motive beyond simply animus to it. Maybe you just aren't likable?

Or maybe it is racially motivated...

I will never forget me and my best friend applying for our first job at Hardee’s and having the manager tell me I would be promoted swiftly because We were white..

Neither of us lasted a week lol

edit on 9-6-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Fact. Most white people I know are just trying to get by, not minding other peoples business.

On the other hand, most black folks I’ve seen are overwhelmingly racist and negative towards other races, especially white. When one of their own succeed, stop talking in ebonics (which is NOT a language, it is a lack of language skills), or call out filth in their own race they are called “white”, “Uncle Tom”, or a “coon”.

Then there are the hundreds of thousands of examples of black on white crime, black on Asian crime, black on everyone crime. Yeah, racism exists and the race most guilty is the black race.

As a disclaimer, I’m not saying that all black people are racist or that all racists are black. That’d be stupid. Just pointing out what should be obvious to everyone. Everyone is so afraid to talk about it for fear of being labeled racist, which currently seems to be similar to being called a nazi. pfffft.
edit on 10-6-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Really.....

Your proof of black racism is a couple hypothetically bad calls at a high school basketball game?!?!

What?!?!

And it is not only the first place your mind goes, but also what you consider the most likely option!!!!!

That is why conservatives are so easily propagandized.. they will believe ANYTHING with little to no evidence.

For example relatively all American conservatives are Christians .. once you believe in one fairy tale, it’s way easier to believe others..

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

Guess what year the first white person was convicted of a violent crime against a black person or a black person was acquitted of a violent crime against a white person in the state Of Mississippi???

I’m not sure either, but I know they spent centuries executing any black person that was accused of a violent crime against a white person regardless of guilt..

You know “just in case the others get the wrong idea if he is found innocent..”

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Tell that to Reginald Denny.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The majority of liberals believe in God too.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It wasn't "just a couple." I wrote out one to give an example of the type of bad call going on. It went on all game exactly like that. Even the kids on the team that were getting advantaged by it were embarrassed. It was the coach and the refs who had no shame.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

By any measurement it is not now, Nor has it ever been worse to be white than black in America..

Considering EVERYTHING is ran by old straight white men and that they make all the laws and hold relatively all the wealth..

I find the whole “ TPTB are all in a vast conspiracy to demonize straight white males!!” Just ridiculous..

Straight old white republicans run basically all of big business.. most of American politics and hold every stitch of old money in America...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join