It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never let women control the thermostat!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I got back into my office building today after being gone for three days attending a conference.
The temp was a frigid 68 degrees...

Now I'm hot blooded and don't mind cooler temps,"I prefer them" but this being Saturday I found it a bit odd.

We have a computer controlled thermostat that is programmed to Conserve energy on the off business hours.
It kicks on AC or heat an hour before employees arrive to make everything comfortable.
70 degrees for those wondering..

Well after inspecting the computer logs I discovered that from Wednesday to Friday the temp was adjusted 11 times including the furnace being turned on twice in the morning. Wtf?

I made a phone call.
The office manager said the girls were cold when they arrived so she kicked on the heat.
After eating there lunches "outside in the picnic area" they were hot so they dropped the temp down to cool off.
They did an override on the automatic system and never turned it back on..

Ugh....

I run a relaxed casual dress business.
No dresses, skirts or heals required.
No suits either, khakis and polo shirts are fine by me.
No jeans, no sneakers, no flip flops.."I don't care as long as I don't hear them"

Monday morning meeting time!
Wear a fricken sweater!

Never let a women control the thermostats!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"from Wednesday to Friday the temp was adjusted 11 times"

Lol, only 11 times? That's over 3 times a day.

Hilarious.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Fully agree. Women should learn their place and never tamper with advanced devices such as thermostats. If only a man were present, such as you, all this could have been prevented with some higher intelligence.

I'm 100% on board with you and I will star and flag you. You will also get many, many more stars and flags as this website is filled with predominantly white male readers.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm in hvac, call someone to have dummy thermostats put in. Yes, that really is a thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I'm pretty sure I said the female office manager ran the advanced device quite effectively.
She is also competent enough to run my business while I'm away for long periods of time.
Her input on all things business related have made her an extremely valuable member of my staff for nearly a decade.

But if you want to get your panties in a bunch because of my original post I guess you have that right.
To bad women are so damn fragile they can't take a little criticism.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are dealing with Women, if you challenge their perfect temperature, you are the the one who has to get punished. They will sabatage your efforts for weeks or more.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I can understand you throwing men under the bus, but why is a mysoginist automatically white to you?

Asking for an Asian friend...

To the OP, I run a crew of men in the oilfield and we all live in a converted church.

They are outside working in -50 below in the winter, 100 degrees in the summer.

Manly men.

They are also the biggest pansies in the world when it comes to the temperature where we live.

I watched a fist fight between 68 degrees and 72 degrees once.

So maybe it isn't only us girls....

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Men present their own set of challenges to be sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Lumenari

Men present their own set of challenges to be sure.

My biggest workplace challenge is a few weeks after hunting season where you have 5-6 men sharing each other's game jerky and then living on it and beer for days on end.

Beer and jerky farts permeate the curtains, the paint on the walls... the bathrooms are biohazards.

Generally I just go live in a hotel for that time of year.

edit on 8-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Only 68 degrees??? Wow, good thing you don't live with my wife! Sub-50's is her comfort zone!

The other night I woke up freezing my keester off. The wife had stole all the covers, and one of the dogs had nested in what was left to keep from freezing to death. The temp in the bedroom was 44 degrees!! My, ahem, manhood had returned to their boyhood homes and configurations. I took two steps toward the thermostat and heard....

"Don't you dare touch that thermostat! It's just getting nice in here!!"

I slunk off to the sleep in the refrigerator so I could warm up.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't mind their input on the rooms temperature but make up your damn mind and leave it alone..

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

We compromise in our house.

I control it all summer. He controls it all winter. We save money that way. I like it warm. He likes it cold. See where this is going? We're each happy half the year, and we each have power during the half where it saves us energy.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In HVAC as well....work for Daikin USA. I remember on an office job where one of my customers did an install he put dummy thermostats on the wall of each cubicle! Never ever got a call back that those individual zones weren't working right!!!!

a reply to: Vector99

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Never let women control the thermostat!

Dude?

Your always suppose to let women do what they want.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

As an internet expert in women, also known as "babes" I can tell you 3 things.

1. They have boobs.

2. Their skin is soft and they smell nice. Like flowers or something.

3. They respond best when you say, "Yes dear" to everything they say.

#TruthBomb

/thread

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

3. They respond best when you say, "Yes dear" to everything they say.

...and don't try to yank the covers back to keep from fr-fr-freezing to d-d-d-d-d-death.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
D-d-d-d-d-double P-p-p-p-post

edit on 6/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You hire women? Is this a sandwich shop?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I keep my house at 78 all the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join