It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

John Hugo, the president of the “Super Happy Fun America” organization that’s putting together the event.

Super Gay Fun America

edit on 11-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think we need a humanity parade

not one divided by sex , gender , or ethnic background!

you know just a good old earth day parade to celebrate the best that humanity has to offer

and maybe also celebrate our darkness as well , because its all the same !

If you are human then you are included !

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I feel so kink-shamed right now.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think we need a humanity parade

I could get on board with that! Just a celebration of people and life -- all of us! No hate, no competition, no oneupmanship... just friendship and love.

I could do that!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Whilst ypu're at it, maybe you could hijack the Rainbow Flag and make it stand for the above instead of "LGBT+"? Turn it into a human flag instead of something?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Whilst ypu're at it, maybe you could hijack the Rainbow Flag and make it stand for the above instead of "LGBT+"? Turn it into a human flag instead of something?

I wish I could!

Rainbows are a gift for everyone, and -- in my opinion -- perfectly represent the beauty of individuality within the human race. In the color spectrum, each color graduates to the next, mixing and blending and harmonizing.

That unity and harmony would serve us all sooooooooooooo much better than this separation and division...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The rainbow as already hijacked from Judaism and Christianity. It is supposed to be a sign of God's promise never to destroy the earth via flood again.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

and the other colours of the rainbow dont mean anything unless they are sat next to the other colours
we cant understand subtle degrees of difference without any reference !

SO its the perfect example of Unity , and the ALL within the ALL
and perfect to show that despite being a different colour on the spectrum it is still fundamentally light
and made from the same prime material !

so humans being a wonderful variety of colours shapes and sizes, we are all still Human !

also the LGBTQ community needs to include the rest of humanity as you cant have gay people without hetero people producing them !

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

hahah funny that you can only see it when there is an excessive amount of water in the atmosphere , sort of like post flood situations ! lol

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The rainbow as already hijacked from Judaism and Christianity. It is supposed to be a sign of God's promise never to destroy the earth via flood again.

It's impossible to "hijack" the rainbow from anyone, as the covenant was with all humanity:

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

17 So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”

The covenant of the rainbow is a gift from our Father to every one of his beloved creatures... including all humanity, man woman and child.

The real "crime" of the LGBT's use of the rainbow is that they exclude so many -- the majority -- when it was intended for all. But their limitations are their own and are only "real" to them.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

and the other colours of the rainbow dont mean anything unless they are sat next to the other colours we cant understand subtle degrees of difference without any reference!

Yes! Yes! Yes! All of what you said!!!

I can't even add to that you've said it so well.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Your quote (and consequently, your entire post) only has meaning if the individual you are responding to *already* believes in the book and deity that you are quoting!

You lost me at "And God said".
edit on 11-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

International Peace Flag (Peace Movement)
International Co-Operative Alliance Flag
Jewish Autonomous Oblast flag

There weren't any rainbow flags as such a couple of thousand years ago, however I do concede the point about the rainbow and its meaning in historical Christian and Jewish culture and theology.
edit on 11-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I agree with this post.

Then you went and spoiled it all and said something stupid like "in the Bible"...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your quote (and consequently, your entire post) only has meaning if the individual you are responding to *already* believes in the book and deity that you are quoting!

Well... very true... but I wasn't responding or directing the comment to you. I was directly responding to an individual who does "*already*" believe in the book and deity I was quoting.

You lost me at "And God said".

That's a shame. I do not and would not expect anyone to change their beliefs simply by virtue of me quoting the relevant verses from the Bible. However, true wisdom requires knowing and understanding more than what we choose to believe. I have collected sacred writings from all faiths, including the "forbidden" books of the Bible. One cannot "deny ignorance" unless one is ready, willing and able to learn.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I agree with this post.

Then you went and spoiled it all and said something stupid like "in the Bible"...

Hmmmmm.... to quote myself:

I wish I could!

Rainbows are a gift for everyone, and -- in my opinion -- perfectly represent the beauty of individuality within the human race. In the color spectrum, each color graduates to the next, mixing and blending and harmonizing.

That unity and harmony would serve us all sooooooooooooo much better than this separation and division...

So I did not quote the Bible to YOU or in response to YOUR comment. I did, however, quote the Bible to another poster in direct response to HER comment.

It is fact that the Bible cites the rainbow as a covenant between God and His creatures on earth. Whether or not your or I believe this is literal truth is a moot point. It is what it is. To ignore that truth is to embrace ignorance.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join