It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Test Launches New Hypersonic Intercept Missile - It's Quick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
On Tuesday, Russia reportedly successfully tested a new Hypersonic intercept missile from a facility in Kazakhstan.

Reports say that the missile struck its intended target 'with precision'.

Check out the sick noise that this bad-boy makes on lift-off, skip to 00:25 if you don't want the boring bits;

Fox News report (my bad, sorry);

Russia on Tuesday claimed it had successfully test launched a new hypersonic interceptor missile system with a precision unmatched by any other country.

[...] Russia-24, a state-owned news channel, reported that the new missile will be used to protect Russia's borders from incoming aerospace weaponry.

The new interceptor missile, launched by Russia’s Aerospace Defense Forces, successfully completed its tasks by striking an assigned target “with precision,” the report said.

Military experts, cited by the channel, said no other countries have matched the ABM’s capabilities. TASS, another state-run news agency, reported that the last trials took place on Dec. 1, 2018.

[...] Citing hypersonic advancements by China and Russia, the [US] State Department announced last year that hypersonic capabilities are the “highest technical priority,” according to Defense News.

Linky

This appears to be breaking news, and it's not my area of expertise, so apart from saying that it's a cool piece of kit (apart from the obvious death and destruction angle), that's all I really have for now.

Just wanted to share, as I thought it was mind-blowingly fast.

edit on 5/6/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Fixed typo

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Russian technology in rockets and missile systems has always been a strong point in there defense structure.
I am no expert but it seems like they are always one step ahead in this area.
I base this on the fact that the US uses Soviet era rocket engines for our rockets that lift objects into space.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Russian technology in rockets and missile systems has always been a strong point in there defense structure.
I am no expert but it seems like they are always one step ahead in this area.
I base this on the fact that the US uses Soviet era rocket engines for our rockets that lift objects into space.

Remember when the Russian submarine Kursk sank? Supposedly, it was an accidental explosion while they were testing a new super-fast type of torpedo.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The Russians said it was a torpedo fuel leak.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I distinctly remember reading that it was an experimental super-cavitating torpedo. Supposedly those things can hit speeds in the neighborhood of 200 mph. Underwater.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I bet it looks fast because its a deep silo, with room to speed up before exit.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I do not ever remember reading about that aspect of the submarine.
I know very little about the sub and did most my research on the vessel that was tasked raising it.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I distinctly remember reading that it was an experimental super-cavitating torpedo. Supposedly those things can hit speeds in the neighborhood of 200 mph. Underwater.

Could be I guess but I doubt the Soviets would use one of their nuclear missile subs to test an antiship torpedo.

That's like using a B52 to test a antiaircraft missle.

There was also a rumor of a collision but as far as I know the Russians claim a fuel leak in a torpedo.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner but that sounded and looked absolutely awesome!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Your comment reminded me of the Secret Nazi V-3 Super Gun

this weapon consisted of a large, 430 ft canon which was set up at an angle of 45°. Multiple charges placed along the gun’s barrel fired as soon as the projectile passed, giving it an extra boost as it progressed through the barrel.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I bet it looks fast because its a deep silo, with room to speed up before exit.

I wondered that, I also wondered if perhaps the crazy sound at the launch was due to it being sent from a silo.

Why is all of the really cool stuff designed for war? It sucks.

Me and my boys could have a great afternoon at the beach with one of those bad-boys, lol

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Whats the reason for the United States falling behind in this area of research? Or, are we really even behind? Have we been focusing our efforts on different weapons systems like lasers, instead?

Oh, and that video is bad ass. Kinda scary.....

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Apparently it can do 27 times the speed of sound.

Artical from Dec 2018

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Working on it.

www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
Apparently it can do 27 times the speed of sound.

Artical from Dec 2018

I wonder how the would keep a missile from melting at that speed? 20k mph....

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I wonder if they are going to name it "The mother of The New World Order". Golly dam that thing foo king hauls arse. Wow.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They have the worlds largest supply of Titanium. That's the same metal that the US made the SR71 Blackbird which has the same issues. The skunk works actually via the CIA's shell companies acquired the Titanium from the Soviet Union back in the day to build the SR71 spy plane to spy on the Soviet Union. Great story and video from Lockheed. Must be one the CIA's all time greatest moments.

Plus the Russians seem to be more believable in the UFOs and aliens versus the USA. Who knows?

www.mining.com...

Here's an excellent video on the Skunk Works by The Original Skunk Works – Nickolas Means | The Lead Developer UK 2017. It will restore some confidence in the USA again.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 5-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

On this Janes.com article it there is a description of the Avengard and the claims made by Putin.

Putin made numerous claims about the Avangard HGV during the address. He described it as capable of maintaining a speed of Mach 20 during the cruise or glide phase of its trajectory, and able to manoeuvre laterally (cross-range) and vertically (altitude).
Putin said that Avangard’s flight would take place in the dense atmosphere and that this, combined with its high Mach number, would sheath the vehicle in plasma (ionised gas created by the high temperature generated by the vehicle’s flight). The surface temperature of the vehicle was described as being “2,000°C [2,273 Kelvin, 3,632°F]”.

As for the materials used so it doesn't melt or disintergrate i would assume it would be somekind of ceramic or carbon type material, or maybe something new we dont know about yet. The space shuttle tiles provided protection against temperatures up to 1,260 °C (2,300 °F) so it wouldn't be far off something similar.

edit on 5-6-2019 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nice Fake video of a rocket!
the sound of it happens the Same time you see the flash!
look at the clip after you see the long trail.
you see it from feather off.

I have see a great deal of rockets and bombs in videos.
you all ways get a delay!
first a flash Then the sound.
Unless its Hollywood!

great video tho.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

It has more issues than just temperature.
The space shuttle hits its maximum temperature on reentry into the atmosphere but as it descends it slows down considerably or drag from the thickening air would rip it apart.

A missile has much less drag than a plane but the claim is 27 times the speed of sound.
Not to mention that when something goes that fast the chance of missing the target increases.
Something traveling 20k mph is moving 5.5 miles a second.

If any of this is true it's a very interesting development

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join