It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain - Multicultural Capital of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Pakistan, India, West Indies, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand all had great support, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka all had great support.

All sport nations
It's amazing this cricket hasnt taken hold anywhere else in the world but former English colonies

Still...I guess your message is a benign and good hearted one. Though I disagree if you think this will bring you prosperity in the long run. Being the multicultural capital as you say...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

All sport nations It's amazing this cricket hasnt taken hold anywhere else in the world but former English colonies

Cricket is played in nearly every country throughout the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Then I guess all other usual sport countries suck at it, because the world cup listing is...unusual to say the least. But I guess that's why it's great

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Britain has done a tremendous job with the D day activities. Those paratroopers jumping from the planes and them all wearing 1940s uniforms is beautiful to see.

A great celebration of those heroes of WW2.

sorry if off topic..i couldn't find a/the thread on this event.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It used to bother me, but........we've simply learned how to navigate around it. I must say however, its made finding appropriate medical care very difficult.

Ever considered learning Spanish? Considering Spanish is the United States unofficial 2nd language, and there are European Countries with 2 or 3 national languages. Most of Europe - the world actually is billingual.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Actually I do understand a bit more Spanish than people realize. Truth be told however, 1) most of the Hispanics speak some English, enough to navigate the economy and the work place and 2) we (my wife and I) are not really all that out-going socially. Increasingly I see that amongst my acquaintances of my age group. We find other people to be, generally speaking, boring, repetitive and irritating.

Language aside, the bigger problem in the US at least, (can't speak to the UK or Europe) is cultural, both the overall US culture which fosters and promotes racial and cross-cultural tensions, and the individual cultures themselves which come largely from a position of being at the outset, anti-Anglo. And I don't mean anti-Anglo from the standpoint of racism so much as from a cultural perspective. There's a huge difference in the cultural values that make navigating the Hispanic culture dicey for an Anglo. Its kind of strange for me being an Anglo in a predominantly Hispanic part of Texas because some of the anti-Anglo "culture" has started to rub off on ME!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join