It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain - Multicultural Capital of the World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Watching the Cricket World Cup in England and Wales and I have to say that I am so proud of my nation.

Despite our probably more than fair share of virtue signallers and permanently offended, most of the games so far have looked like a home event.

Pakistan, India, West Indies, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand all had great support, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka all had great support.

I take my hat off to England and Wales, they suffer from the worst of immigration and adopt to be a model of multiculturalism despite all the apologists, virtue signalling and far left trying to destroy us.

Once again, sport has risen above the fake agenda.
edit on 3 6 2019 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 6 2019 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I have to say that I am so proud of my nation.

Once again, sport has risen above the fake agenda.

Or just successfully distracting you from it

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Well, the uk is rapidly becoming the child sex slave trade, rape and murder or assault capital of the world. I think they may have already been the paedophile capital of the world with all the "protected" trade between the city of London and the channel Islands.

Be proud, be very proud, if that's your thing. I know it's not for most people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

And all this declaration of pride on the same day that the royal tax-guzzling waste of space queen drops to her knees for the fascist pig Trump and UK energy firm Ineos conclude a $2bn deal with Saudi Arabia, as they murder thousands in the Middle East using British made arms.

Doesn't the pride just make you all giddy inside

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

And all this declaration of pride on the same day that the royal tax-guzzling waste of space queen drops to her knees for the fascist pig Trump and UK energy firm Ineos conclude a $2bn deal with Saudi Arabia, as they murder thousands in the Middle East using British made arms.

Doesn't the pride just make you all giddy inside

Ininit yust loverly! Maybe 'ave a spot o tea to celebrate! I flew over city of london a couple of times, I asked the stewardess if that was where we toss the garbage. I have never been impressed with the BS that is England.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Well, the uk is rapidly becoming the child sex slave trade, rape and murder or assault capital of the world. I think they may have already been the paedophile capital of the world with all the "protected" trade between the city of London and the channel Islands.

And the evidence of this is where, exactly? Grow up.

I agree with the OP, and it's good to see. One of the issues is that during sport in England especially, people go for the (er) sport. The Brits will often support the underdog, or team with no supporters. My parallel is with the Rugby World Cup some years ago where practically every match was sold out by people who wanted to watch a good game. There were probably more supporters of Fiji than of the country of Fiji.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another way of looking at the phenomenon of "home support" for the teams of other countries is that so many inhabitants of England and Wales clearly do not identify with the country of their adoption.
This is what Norman Tebbitt called "the cricket test"- which country do you consider as "your own" when it comes to the sporting arena?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Another way of looking at the phenomenon of "home support" for the teams of other countries is that so many inhabitants of England and Wales clearly do not identify with the country of their adoption.
This is what Norman Tebbitt called "the cricket test"- which country do you consider as "your own" when it comes to the sporting arena?

Britain created an Empire and all those cricket nations were part of it. The legacy all over the Commonwealth is the multicultural British world, not just in the motherland. We are all mixed up now. It's the way things are and we are a better British engineered world for it

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have recently returned home after a brief 6 month spell in the UK, I spent 4 months in London the rest was touring the whole country..

I honestly could not even include London as part of the UK as it is almost it's own entity and was certainly far different to what I expected. The landmarks and sights are nice and spending a week there as a tourist would be fine but no amount of money would get me to live there.

Certainly not with the living cost and just shear amount of penny pinching that the Government and Council get away with, fee's for everything you can imagine.

The rest of the UK however was pleasant and far more to what I expected the UK to be like, nice villages, fields and overall a decent way to live.

Scotland or at least the Highlands was a real highlight.

My lasting impression of the UK was a location where CCTV and snooping in cities is king (I dread to think what else they gather), cameras are literally everywhere.

You pay fee's and at high prices for everything. London I very much I doubt I would bother going back anytime soon. Certainly not what I expected and even in the suburbs it is not much better. Not a day went by where kids killing each other was not on the news and gang violence seems to be a issue but the Police are paralized to do anything due to a liberal agenda..

But hey if it works for those there then so be it. I can see why though people where I work who are from the UK decided to take their skills and leave. The standard of living to salary earned would go much further in many far more exotic places.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I agree with the OP, and it's good to see. One of the issues is that during sport in England especially, people go for the (er) sport. The Brits will often support the underdog, or team with no supporters. My parallel is with the Rugby World Cup some years ago where practically every match was sold out by people who wanted to watch a good game. There were probably more supporters of Fiji than of the country of Fiji.

The evidence disappears constantly. How many d-list stories a year lol. Open your eyes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Perhaps you should do some of your own research before insulting people? No?

This is ATS 'deny ignorance' motto? No?

www.bbc.com...

18 August 2010
At least 2,600 women are working as prostitutes in England and Wales having been trafficked from abroad, research for the police suggests.

A report from the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) found around half of these women were Chinese.

Acpo said another 9,200 migrant women were thought to be "vulnerable".

London was found to have the highest proportion of migrant sex workers (96%), while in the Yorkshire/Humber region under one-third were foreign.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Gee and all this time I've been hearing how crappy the United states was, turns out the old landlords are more screwed than the colonies...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Gee and all this time I've been hearing how crappy the United states was, turns out the old landlords are more screwed than the colonies...

They don't seem to think so lol. Don't you know, diversity/divisiveness/division is strength. That's the garbage they keep pumping. Dividing a population into smaller groups gives government more unfettered, uncontested control as the many groups will never all get together and reach consensus, since they are all looking out for their own interests.

When it comes to governments, everything they say or do is a lie, it's deceitful and generally malicious, almost always the agenda is to enrich themselves and their handlers at the cost of their citizens.

And the US is lucky, at least you have trump fighting against the BS. In the colonies (still a colony) like Canada, we have the prime moron, Trudeau.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No. It just means people from those countries are obsessed with cricket.

And that's just a bit retarded...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Usual suspects spewing the usual bollocks.

Love cricket, all forms of it.
Guess it's a bit too subtle for some tastes.

As noted London is in no way representative of the rest of the UK.

It's true the UK is multi-cultural.
Some think too much so, some think not.

Personally I think people from some countries have only enhanced British culture and society and have successfully integrated into UK whilst retaining some of their own characteristics etc.
It's true that people from some other areas of the world haven't integrated quite as much.

It's interesting if you watch clips from the 70's and 80's of the West Indies and the enormous size of their support in the UK when they toured here.
Compare that to the size of the support they get now and how many second and third generation Afro-Caribbean's now support England.

It's noticeably different for second and third generation Pakistani, Bangladeshi's etc.

My grandparents were all Irish....I would never support Ireland against England or the UK.
I am not Irish.
I am not Irish-English.
I am 100% English.

As a slight aside; all self-respecting English people will support anyone against Australia when it comes to sport, especially cricket - in anything else we'd support Australia to the full - and especially when it's a cricket team with Steve Smith and David Warner in it!
edit on 3/6/19 by Freeborn because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In the US there has always been a wide diversity of races, and a large amount of crime.
Funny how Europe and Brittan are currently importing as many non-westerners as they can, while crime explodes proportionally.
Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Aye, we even let Trump back for a visit.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's an inciteful comment. Never thought of it that way. I take it you mean that the "assimilation" thing isn't working very well.

If that is what you mean, it seems the same is true for France.

The US had a fairly decent assimilation mechanism going on until I guess the 1990's. As to many parts of the US its pretty much broken down to the point that in some "regions", (calling metro areas regions), you can't even order a meal in a restaurant unless you speak Spanish. The result is that you look at a map and can map out the dots that are the "English Speaking" US and the dots where English is a second language.

It used to bother me, but........we've simply learned how to navigate around it. I must say however, its made finding appropriate medical care very difficult.
edit on 3-6-2019 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Norman Tebbit, who made the original observation, was one of Maggie Thatcher's ministers, so it goes back to her time. Nearly forty years.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You talk some utter bollocks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join