It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington homeowner attempts to fight off burglar with stick, then shoots him in chest, police say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm 41. I've never needed CPR, never wish I had it.

There, do I sound smart too?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Good on him to try to avoid having to shoot--by use of a less than lethal stick...

I fail to see the reason. Give a warning, should you see fit, then shoot if necessary. Why place yourself in unnecessary jeopardy?

The day I experienced an armed home invasion....wow. even sitting on my bed looking at the house full of overturned furniture and family albums of ripped pictures with footprints smeared on them andthinking as I saw the imprint next to me...they sat here. They touched my underpants. They took my only possession I ever touched of the man who was my great grandfather.

I was a big strong muscular guy and I felt so naked and violated and at a loss my family could be so worthless and mean so little to a person. It was as violated a feeling as one can get I bet before you get to rape. The attempted muder was nothig in my mind. The personal intimate violation was what stuck and I wih I had had a gun then. But even more after the shock wore off and it really hit how it could have gtten ugly but stayed pretty tame oter than one attempt on my life thwarted by clumsy nervous idiocy. r

How strange I reeplied to a different t post than yours I'm almost certain
edit on 5/22/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So in my house, we have a 120lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback named Destroyer (great with my kids), and the following weapons spread throughout the home (no more than 3 steps to at least one of these)19 Springfield XD .45s with extended grips and mags, 2 .32 revolver (pink ladies), 6 variations of the AR, and 5 other pistols and basic shotguns. 6 machetes, 2 K-Bars, two baseball bats, two box cutters, an axe, and two garrotes. Top it off with a 2000 lumen, and 4800 lumen flashlight and two sets of body armor in retreat points and two people who can use them all and would die to defend their spouse and children. My point?

If you can get through all that, you can have it. Hell, you deserve it.
edit on 22/5/1919 by ThouArtGod because: Clarify that people deserve my possessions if they can get through me and mine.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that's plural...

Hands. That thing's a monster...

My point was that I don't believe in flexing and posturing by calling out all the various tools one has at their disposal. In my mind that's a recipe for the enemy to enter the battlefield knowing exactly what they may need to deal with against them. The element of surprise and the unknown is one of the homeowner's advantages, assuming they haven't shouted out what they're bringing to the party.

A simple "If you cross the threshold into my home uninvited, you will stand before your maker seconds later" is sufficient where I'm concerned. 911 isn't on speed dial in my house, but the coroner's office is, if you catch my drift. I may or may not own firearms, I may or may not own more unconventional weapons, I may or may not be perfectly willing and physically capable of snapping someone's neck without ever touching a physical weapon... the intruder will never know until it is too late for them.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No argument from me, brother.

"I'm armed, and I will shoot you if you don't leave, right the *bleep* now!". More than sufficient warning.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People would be terrified to know how often that kind of thing happens, but those stories don’t make the news so people assume it never happens.

I didint even know there was serial killer going around choking and robbing old women

And they finally caught him

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
"Imperative". I'm 39. Never needed one, never wished I had one.

WOW! One person lived to age 39 without needing a gun! That means... what exactly?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No argument from me, brother.

"I'm armed, and I will shoot you if you don't leave, right the *bleep* now!". More than sufficient warning.

Sure. But sometimes, you may not have time (or presence of mind) to speak a 15 word sentence, or speak it articulately enough to matter. Actually 17 words if you count that 2 are, whats it called, a compound word? when you use an apostrophe? when speaking in a hurry you might use all 17 words.

Unless you find yourself in a Hollywood movie... then the bad guy would actually make sure to give you time for badass catch phrases and stuff. So, it's an important distinction to remember.

Anyway its 15 syllables so theres that. Not a single two syllable word in there. Which is good, imo. But you may stumble under pressure.

What if you accidentally say "Im Not armed" cause your adrenaline is pumping and youve never had to deal with an intruder so youre just nervous and say the wrong thing by one simple word and then you shoot him? And the neighbor or cops arriving heard you say that right before you shot him? Could that get you in trouble I wonder?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You must be the "cool" uncle every parent hates...

"Im 39! Never wore my seatbelt... never wished I had!"

"I'm 39! Never wore a condom... never wished I had!"

"I'm 39! Never had auto insurance... never wished I had!"

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

True enough.

Get the **bleep** out!" Followed by the sound of a shotgun being cocked. That's fairly eloquent, too.

It depends very largely upon what said intruder is doing, and what I think his/her intentions are... I may not warn at all.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am 45 and never needed one or wanted to own a gun

It makes me chuckle at the comments deriding this comment, so please accept my apology, I am sorry for not needing a gun in my life.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I am 45 and never needed one or wanted to own a gun

It makes me chuckle at the comments deriding this comment, so please accept my apology, I am sorry for not needing a gun in my life.

As I said to the other poster, good for you. I hope you never need one or are in a situation that requires one. That is the beauty of the 2nd Amendment. It does not REQUIRE you to own one...it gives you the CHOICE to own or not based upon your own circumstances. As long as you can accept that not everyone shares the same circumstances, and not everyone is part of some cultural collective and has the same needs, we are all good.

However, there are people that want to remove the personal choice from everyone, because of fear and feelz. They spread disinformation constantly and attempt to shame someone that chooses to own and carry a firearm.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I truly am glad for you. I hope that that luck continues for you, and never changes.

However, that's apropos of what, exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join