It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington homeowner attempts to fight off burglar with stick, then shoots him in chest, police say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
"Imperative". I'm 39. Never needed one, never wished I had one.

I’m 61. You have never been the places I have, I’d bet your life on it.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: subfab
If he were simply in the UK he would be in jail right now defending himself against demands for answers as to why he did not just passively submit to crooks and give then everything he owns, up to and including th shirt on his back. And then, they will rule in favor of the violent criminal and demand he pay his family some kind of restitution for their loss and emotional trauma.

In western Europe, criminals rule neighborhoods with impunity, smiling with Glee as They intimidate law abiding citizens castrated from their rights to use proper lethal force against violent attacks.

And that is exactly why we will fight for our god given rights here in the US.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

The cop asked if I was home and if I had a gun. I said no to both. Cop said that guy was lucky, I was well within my right to use deadly force, not that I would have once he started running.

I have never had a gun, but that encounter always makes me wonder if I should get one.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If you ever DID need one and didn't have one...... Your friends and family would need a Ouija board to speak to you after that.

Then you might be wishing you had had one.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We don't use sticks at my house.

Going straight for the shotty.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
2 thoughts here.

1. I find it interesting that the majority of news reports on this have scrubbed the fact that the intruder was a homeless indigent.
q13fox.com...

Protection is something neighbor Ernie Brown has to think about for the first time in a long time. He says he isn't afraid despite the fact that his neighbor shot someone just steps away from his home. Brown is frustrated about transients making their way into his cul-de-sac.

“There are signs up there telling ‘em they’re not supposed to do that," Brown said.

And that's what you might expect from a former police officer and Marine. He says he won’t be taking mercy on anyone who breaks into his home.

“They’re not being nice. Why should we be nice to them?" Brown said.

This country needs vagrancy laws and poor farms again, desperately. Idle hands are the Devil's plaything and little in this world lights a fire of motivation under one's ass to improve themselves and their situation the way hard, physical labor does.

2. All that and the homeowner just wounded the intruder? I live in a state where crossing the threshold into one's home without permission effectively, and legally, places your life wholly into the homeowner/resident's hands. My hands would not be as kind as the man's in this article were. Things like burglary and home invasions are self correcting issues so long as the intended victims are properly equipped and fully prepared to do whatever is needed to ensure the recidivism rate is close to zero in their area.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I'd rather have something and not need it, than need something and not have it.

But to each thier own.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

More power to the owner. He tried peace and then resorted to his right to defend himself.

I prefer my katana. Never had to take a limb but I prefer it simply because I think it would freak a person out. And it's a real, super sharp, folded steel, clay tempered hamon katana. It would cut through a limb like butter. A burglar in my house would survive... minus an arm... maybe a leg.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well I have a 50 caliber Magnum Smith and Wesson 500 hand gun. The most powerful production hand gun on Earth.
Eat your heart out

edit on 20-5-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I'd prefer something a little less messy.... my German Shepherds. : )

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

A couple years back a story got reported on our local news.

A man and his wife were attacked and tied up in their house by, if I remember right, 2 intruders.

The guy got loose and grabbed a katana off his wall and attacked the two intruders with it and they were forced to flee.

Can’t imagine the look on that intruders face when he saw the homeowner coming at him with a sword, must have been priceless.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i'm sorry to hear that.
i've had the opportunity to visit europe a few times. i never would have guessed laws would lean so favorably to the criminal.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Never show your hand voluntarily.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: Lysergic

We don't use sticks at my house.

I'd suggest changing that to in my house...just sayin'. Less likely to have charges pressed against you.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that's plural...

Hands. That thing's a monster...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that's plural...

Hands. That thing's a monster...

It kicks like one too!

First defense here is pittbulls , then a large canister of strong pepper spray. And if that doesn't work, they can kiss their ass good

There is also the shotgun. 12 gauge, short barrel, loaded with Magnum slugs
edit on 21-5-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I have a dbl. barrel coach gun with one slug, and the other is buckshot. It's 20 gauge, but it makes some serious holes in things. But it's easy for my bad shoulder to handle. Bedside is my Walther Creed, with a 16-rd mag.

Intruder will get one warning, then whatever happens, it's on them.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm 50 and never needed to kill anyone. Yay me.

Amen to that!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Well I have a 50 caliber Magnum Smith and Wesson 500 hand gun. The most powerful production hand gun on Earth.
Eat your heart out

I can't imagine. I have a Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag, and that thing kicks my ass. The .500 might break my arm lol

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I have a dbl. barrel coach gun with one slug, and the other is buckshot. It's 20 gauge, but it makes some serious holes in things. But it's easy for my bad shoulder to handle. Bedside is my Walther Creed, with a 16-rd mag.

Intruder will get one warning, then whatever happens, it's on them.

20 gauge is more than enough for home defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join