It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington homeowner attempts to fight off burglar with stick, then shoots him in chest, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

A man in Washington state was forced to defend himself on Friday -- through a variety of means -- after he was attacked in the kitchen of his home by an intruder, who ultimately was shot in the chest during the struggle, according to officials.

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post they were contacted around 12:32 p.m. after the homeowners reported a burglary inside the home.

Detectives told Q13 News the homeowner did his best to fend off the burglary suspect in his kitchen using a piece of wood. When that did not stop the suspect, the man grabbed a weapon and fired a single shot, hitting the intruder in the chest.

Washington homeowner attempts to fight off burglar with stick, then shoots him in chest, police say

Another real-world case of someone that, even after avoiding the use of a firearm to protect themselves IN THEIR OWN HOME, had to resort to lethal force to stop the threat. Even the local PD agreed that he did his best to stop the criminal intruder. This, is another example of why personal ownership of firearms here in the United States is imperative. You never know if/when something might happen, and it is only common sense to have the ability to truly stop an attack in its tracks if needed.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Imperative". I'm 39. Never needed one, never wished I had one.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Good on him to try to avoid having to shoot--by use of a less than lethal stick...

I fail to see the reason. Give a warning, should you see fit, then shoot if necessary. Why place yourself in unnecessary jeopardy?

+24 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

You never do need one, until you need one. Not much different than a fire extinguisher.

+14 more 
link   

Good for you, and I hope you never need one. But, that is your decision, is it not? My problem is with people who want to make that decision for others, yet will not also take the responsibility of their protection upon themselves.

link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

That is, of course, your prerogative.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The wood stick didnt work so he used a boom stick...

"Good Ash, bad Ash, I'm the one with the gun"

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

if the stick would have had a bump stock on it, the home owner would be in jail right now.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
better to be a warrior in a garden than
a gardener in a war

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

And the perp in the morgue

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And never been confronted by someone in their own home either.

+10 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ive never needed my home fire insurance so il cancel it today I guess.

I guess since my child has never been abducted before, that means it will never happen, so I can trust any stranger with him.

I’ve never crashed my motorcycle so why should I wear a helmet right?

This plane has never been highjacked, so no metal detectors or security checks for anyone boarding it.

This bank has never been robbed so why hire security.

I could go on all day

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You're lucky. By the time I was 34 I owned a CZ 83, CZ 75 and a desert eagle 44, I had carry licences and I had to use them, multiple times. It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

To those who are able, and wont own a gun have a serious mental block somewhere. I do not mean that in a bad way at all, as we all have blocks in some area to overcome. I just cannot fathom how anyone could look at the world today and honestly tell themselves it would not at least be a good idea to have one, if not mandatory.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

and you would be like most Americans. Most Americans won't need to shoot someone. But some will. Some will have a life or death choice to make. If they aren't armed, their choice will be a relatively simple one. If they are armed, they will have to decide if the situation calls for the discharge of a weapon, and the taking of a life.

I'm 50 and never needed to kill anyone. Yay me.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If it never happened to you it must never happen to anyone and could never happen to you.

Logic.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am in my 40's few years ago my house was broken into while my wife was home. They were trying to steal Christmas presents. Luckily the intruder ran when he saw my wife, it does not always end so pleasantly.

To this day my wife has nightmares and the doorbell terrifies her, especially when she is home alone. It was a very good neighborhood too, nice town, nice area.
edit on 20-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
These happen every day. We should start posting them every day.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People would be terrified to know how often that kind of thing happens, but those stories don’t make the news so people assume it never happens.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab
If he were simply in the UK he would be in jail right now defending himself against demands for answers as to why he did not just passively submit to crooks and give then everything he owns, up to and including th shirt on his back. And then, they will rule in favor of the violent criminal and demand he pay his family some kind of restitution for their loss and emotional trauma.

In western Europe, criminals rule neighborhoods with impunity, smiling with Glee as They intimidate law abiding citizens castrated from their rights to use proper lethal force against violent attacks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join