It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey's Erdogan says will jointly produce S-500s with Russia after purchase of S-400s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised ?

I have read other articles saying Russia and Turkey would discuss a joint venture to build the S-500 missile system (Erdogan doing the talking) so I am not sure it is a done deal as of yet. But I would assume Russia would be greatly pleased to pull Turkey away from NATO and to be honest many of us pedestrians wish them to go away anyway as in "good riddance".

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday that the purchase of S-400 defense systems from Russia was a done deal, adding that Ankara would also jointly produce S-500 defense systems with Moscow.

Erdogan in this article is also saying the USA would deliver the F-35s as they have no choice.. We will see.... but as far as I have read that F-35 deal to Turkey is on permanent hold.

Turkey does manufacture the landing gear and other parts for the F-35 but other companies can step in and fill that line of production I have little doubt. Maybe a different direction and outcome will avail itself in the future but presently I wonder how ?
The article is linked but if it does not come up it is a reuters article under World News May 19, 2019 / 4:10 AM / Updated 13 hours ago
www.reuters.com... O0Q3
www.reuters.com... O0Q3

Another source: sputniknews.com...

Which sounds a little more realistic to me..

ANKARA (Sputnik) - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that Ankara and Moscow might launch talks on joint production of Russian-made S-500 air defence systems after the S-400 deliveries.

Previously, Turkey has repeatedly expressed its interest in the joint production of S-400. In April, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov specified that "there is and can be no talk" about the two countries’ joint production of S-400 systems. He, however, did not rule out that some components would be produced jointly.

"The S-400 deal is completed. Under the contract, the deliveries are to begin in July or, maybe, even earlier. Russia has offered us very good conditions. After that, we will talk about the S-500, including joint production [of these systems], as well as S-400," Erdogan said at a meeting with the youth, as broadcast by the NTV channel.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Russia's playing the wannabe dictator Erdogan like a puppet.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So have we kicked them out of NATO yet? WTF is going on? We can’t really have them with access to NATO tech while at the same time working on new anti aircraft tech with the Russians. Whatever data they get from their S-500 systems would go directly back to mother Russia.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Turkey needs to choose who it's friends are. Then live with it.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They should never have been allowed to join NATO in the first place.

It stinks.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Because they buy arms from another arms dealer.... They're out of line...?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wonder when the NATO commission will kick out the Ottoman wannabe's?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Turkey needs to choose who it's friends are. Then live with it.

They just did.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Still looks to me like they are trying to play both sides.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, because they buy arms that are incompatible with the rest of the NATO alliance and will risk the security of other equipment. One of the major points of the alliance is interoperability. Even independent built systems can tie into other Western built systems. Russian built systems can't without a major overhaul that then lets their technicians look under the hood.

The other issue is the F-35. It's RCS and many of its capabilities are secret for a reason. While there's very little chance of us fighting Russia in the future, giving them access to Turkish S400s, with Turkish F-35s flying around risks compromising some of those capabilities.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Only if we get access to the Russian weapon systems in return. Lol.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

... the Muslim Demographic in Russia proper is Big...and add the Muslims in the various Stans aligned with Russia...

the joint venture route being extended by Putin contrasts with the aggressive China solution against Muslims in that Nation who is joined-at-the-hip with Russia...go figure....

then there's the Putin stance where Istanbul and the 'captive' presence of the Orthodoxy (Eastern Vatican HQ) has been 'Promised' to be Made Whole Again under Putin's Era of Leadership (and not oppressed by Islam as is the current status)

indeed Russia is walking a high-wire-act with It's Stroking of the Erdogan ego/self importance (re: Saudi and Iran Islamic Republic of Proxy fighters-->> as opponents rather than cohorts)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Turkey can claim they're too important to remove from the F-35, but there are at least a dozen companies that could easily take up the slack. The only truly indispensable companies are Lockheed, obviously, BAE Systems, and Northrop.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If they go ahead with this they will find out just how indispensable they are.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Still looks to me like they are trying to play both sides.

Considering we still have nukes there, I think it's time we tell them they can play one side.
edit on 19-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Because they buy arms from another arms dealer.... They're out of line...?

Maybe they get discount for blueprint huh?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Because the arms they are buying from dealer 2 will give dealer 2 all the trade secrets of dealer 1.

If you have patents, and you supply a manufacturing plant to produce your goods which gives them access to your patents, would you allow them to invite in your competitor who would also have access to your patents?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Dont worry Russia Turkey will never use them on your jets, haha hahaha.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It is time to end NATO as we know it.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really hope we secretly removed the.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join