It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs and Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I hope this goes here...I think that the government has spread lies about everything since it was formed. Im not pro-drug or anything but I thought that I could speak freely, so here it goes. I think that the government is only after money and only wants to make money off of people. They let people drink and such because it causes so much damage to them physically and mentally, thus they are making money off of us. They have a problem with drugs, such as weed because they cannot tax it because you can grow it in your own house. They also cant "cure" it through any sort of medicine. They only want to make money off of everyone at the expense of our health and well being.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They let people drink and such because it causes so much damage to them physically and mentally, thus they are making money off of us.

By this standard, many other drugs should be legal, if the purpose is to make money off us by 'allowing' people to use damaging substances.

If they wanted to legalize weed and tax it, they could. But with the legalization of use would probably come harsher punishment and enforcement regarding home growers and the like.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Nightowl2!!!

This forum is basically to introduce yourself. There are a lot of threads dedicated to thes subjects you are interested in. Check out the medical or political conspiracies forums. Chances are pretty good you'll find a thread addressing something you find very interesting there. Also, your posts will be greatly enhanced when you can provide links to back your various positions.

Can't wait to read your posts!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightOwl02
I think that the government is only after money and only wants to make money off of people. They let people drink and such because it causes so much damage to them physically and mentally, thus they are making money off of us.

my uncle has one word for this:
MAFIA.

but hey, i see you already know that!

welcome aboard!

PS: you said Drugs and Money; and if you add Guns these two, you have the winning combination and then you are the number one businessman in the world!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Alright! my 2 favorite things!!! What were we takin' bout again?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I remember the days when the mafia had more money guns and drugs than the government....Now the CIA seems to have the lock on all 3.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What is so bad about drinking? I love it! its great!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

They let people drink and such because it causes so much damage to them physically and mentally, thus they are making money off of us.

By this standard, many other drugs should be legal, if the purpose is to make money off us by 'allowing' people to use damaging substances.

other drugs like tobacco, legal opium based pain killers like percoset, oxycontin, morphine, and for that matter a large percentage of all prescribed drugs.for example if you ever watch tv, you've seen commercials for an enormous variety of anti-depression and anxiety medications with 10 page lists of side effects.

If they wanted to legalize weed and tax it, they could. But with the legalization of use would probably come harsher punishment and enforcement regarding home growers and the like.

wrong again. they have tried. ever hear of the marijuana tax act of 1937?

well that sure was easy now, wasn't it. i mean, it was so effective, that marijuana use has all but disappeared, and all sales are easily taxed and regulated.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I dont think it is our government because I do believe our founding fathers, at least most of them, wanted whats best for the people. It is the fascist in our government, people who are there with industry ties that make laws that boost their profits are the ones that only want money from the people. That is where the problem lies.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by jrod]

top topics

join