It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Rules of Hate: How to Make News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
*If this is the wrong forum, move it please. Thanks*

This is an excellent distillation of the current state of US media and the social impact. It's a business and the professional wrestling formula is very lucrative for them. Create a good guy and a bad guy. Create sides. Stir up animosity. Continue to feed.

Matt Taibbi is all but absent on news shows now-a-days because, IMHO, he is too honest and too on-point. Thank goodness you can still buy his books and watch him on enemy TV. He outlines his Ten Rules of Hate. If you want to start a news channel, this is how you make money at it.

1. There are only two ideas.
2. The two ideas are in permanent conflict.
3. Hate people, not institutions.
4. Everything is someone else's fault.
5. Nothing is everyone's fault.
6. Root, don't think.
7. No switching teams.
8. The other side is literally Hitler.
9. In the fight against Hitler, everything is permitted.
10. Feel superior.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

"8. The other side is literally Hitler."

Why not Stalin?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

11. Control the narrative.
12. Change definitions to suit your argument.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Number 12 is extremely important. Just look at the word discrimination. Once upon a time to be discriminating was a virtue, you were careful in your associations and steered clear of situations that might create problems. To be discrimating was to be careful and refined in your actions, associations and tastes.

Now it just means racist, there's an example we see constantly a positive turned to a negative.

Now look at diversity, its roots are a negative meaning to divide. So division in relation to people is now a good thing. I mean seriously, wow. Dividing a population into smaller and smaller groups increases government control, since even a multiplicity of groups will never achieve critical mass even if there was consensus.

We live in bizarro world. My only questions are, when does the season open and what are the bag limits on politicians and other terrorists?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/12.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

He outlines his Ten Rules of Hate. If you want to start a news channel, this is how you make money at it.

1. There are only two ideas. 2. The two ideas are in permanent conflict. 3. Hate people, not institutions. 4. Everything is someone else's fault. 5. Nothing is everyone's fault. 6. Root, don't think. 7. No switching teams. 8. The other side is literally Hitler. 9. In the fight against Hitler, everything is permitted. 10. Feel superior.

It worked for Alex Jones! He created an empire. Absolutely brilliant in a surreal sort of way.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two simple rules will get you there: 1) be human, and 2) forget history.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hitler nationalized healthcare, industry (Krupp steel, the people’s car, etc...), transportation(railroad), and had a disdain for the Judeo-Christian ethos...

Whose platform does that sound like?

-Chris

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

Not as sexy? Not as many shows on History Channel? Lack of solid PR?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It works for almost any news outlet.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good inclusions. I think perhaps these might be subsets of #9 as the dictionary is now fair game.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Or subscribe to the History of Now. All that went before in meaningless. We are so advanced we are beyond that stuff. Just look at my Smart Phone!

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

excellent additions.

the left is very good at #12.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Perhaps this is that pervasive under-current, that some have been complaining about recently on ATS.
But it's hard to get a grip on, because it's everywhere, but it is always disguised as something else.

So many are unable to post anything here, without leaning on these false paradigms.
Even some comments in this very thread, if you can believe it!

So we agree about what we are seeing happen to the general populace.
It's a vast theater, and folks are seemingly happy to assume their roles in the totally false play, that has become regular daily life.

Question: is there a possibility that we sit here, observing and judging this, and take ourselves to be superior to those whom don't see it?
If so: are we not still playing in a dualistic drama, but merely at one level up from those whom we observe, and we are just an incapable of viewing our own behavior?

Excellent OP and interesting vid. Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Language in Thought and Action by S.I. Hayakawa and lots of Immanuel Kant were good starts for me towards understanding this madness myself.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

So many are unable to post anything here, without leaning on these false paradigms. Even some comments in this very thread, if you can believe it!

Yes. It's right there.

Perhaps this is that pervasive under-current, that some have been complaining about recently on ATS.

I certainly have noticed it myself. All around and here on ATS too. I am wondering if it has more to do with how the human brain is wired and this just taps into it.

Question: is there a possibility that we sit here, observing and judging this, and take ourselves to be superior to those whom don't see it?

I don't know. I would like to think not. The video was just observation. My OP was (more or less) me glad the whole thing was in one spot to ponder. And broken down into just a few, simple bullet points.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So many are unable to post anything here, without leaning on these false paradigms. Even some comments in this very thread, if you can believe it!

Yes. It's right there.

I certainly have noticed it myself. All around and here on ATS too. I am wondering if it has more to do with how the human brain is wired and this just taps into it.

I don't know. I would like to think not. The video was just observation. My OP was (more or less) me glad the whole thing was in one spot to ponder. And broken down into just a few, simple bullet points.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals much?

bolenreport.com...

RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”

RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”

RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”

RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”

RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”

RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

All of these fit within the framework this topic has set forth

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Yes. It's right there.

Chased Truth once. It ran and hid in a room.
Went after her, opened the door to look, and there she was: gone!

Was also thinking about what part of these behaviors, are just simply an expression of the human condition.
Ponder that often, while observing silly hairless apes, and the silly things we do.

Yeah, it's good to have it posted here, despite wondering whether anyone can see themselves in it, and then rise-above that noise.
You know: to another level of noise.
The same: but different.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I blame Adolf Stalin (and his cat, Mao).

He is the emeny.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You forgot;

Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.

^_^

I see fascist everywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join