It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC: We Should Have a Government Bank Run by the Post Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yep, you read right.

I guess it's my turn to post an AOC thread. She actually proposed this one video in a discussion of some sort with Bernie Sanders. The video is in the link.

So let's keep aside the problems with any government-run enterprise.

Why on earth would you have the USPS run it? The USPS is possibly the worst government-run enterprise outside the DMV to run anything. Imagine trying to bank with people who have limited hours, bad customer service, and lose your packages regularly. Want to trust them with your money?

Then we can discuss the regular problems with government-run enterprises.

"We should have a not-for-profit public option for basic banking services, and we should be piloting these projects through the U.S. Postal Service," Ocasio-Cortez said, apparently with no irony.

So I'm not sure what postal service AOC has dealt with, but it would have to get a whole lot better before I'd let it start banking.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The gift that keeps giving.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The level of stupidity coming from this woman is mind blowing.... Do you think its an act???

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Honestly, don't know what to think anymore.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So she wants this for the so called "unbanked"? How hard is it to come up with $25-50 to walk into a bank and open a checking/savings account? I've had multiple of my own since I was 18 and a savings my parents set up when I was a kid. Most employers require direct deposit nowadays so almost essential for an adult in this country. The short time I was on unemployment they also DD'd my money. I couldn't imagine not being able to use a debit card or pay online. The only thing my checkbook is good for these days is paying my rent. Everything else is online or cash.

Using the USPS to do it is just asinine. If she really wanted to go through with this it would be better, IMHO, to set up a new agency with much better management/policies. Not that that's a good idea either but damn.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When logic and conspiracy arrive..... at the same conclusion. It’s this one. Got to be an act.

a reply to: CIAGypsy

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I work with the banking industry at many levels. It has been my experience that the majority (not all) of the "unbanked" are either:

1. Unbanked by choice. They will not put their money in ANY institution
2. Cannot or will not verify their identity.
3. Have serious liability issues due to habitual bounced/hot checks, credit issues, etc....

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
New York truly did elect Stoner Stanley with breasts.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually in Japan the post office also has a banking system so she must have a lot of Japanese friends to know this. The problem now is, Japan post went private because Obama pushed for it to now have American life insurance companies sell in Japan. All politics here. She is up to something. Does she realize the Japan Postal system is a non govt . agency now.
The lady is not thinking the way the all americans were brought up. Yes, change will happen, its just got to be good and common sense change.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
The level of stupidity coming from this woman is mind blowing.... Do you think its an act???

I honestly wonder if she's secretly a Republican plant. Nobody can really be as soul-crushingly stupid as she is, can they?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I really hope she gets reelected. No other politician can make us laugh like her.

She'll be incredible with the years, I want to be alive when she becomes senile.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I don't know her. Have never met her. However, a person I trust whom is neck deep in politics warned me once that this woman is well-connected. While I would not underestimate her or her reach, I also do not think she will get re-elected. Her district is heavily Hispanic which is why many people think she won to begin with.... However, she has angered so many people on BOTH sides of the aisle with her shenanigans and, if you listen to polls (I'm always leery of them because they are so easy to fake), her constituents are fast falling out of love with her. Especially after the Amazon fiasco.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Prediction:

NBC will get her to star or guest star in a series which makes her look like the most intelligent and competent person in Washington. The masses will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No one is against change, we are against stupid. Nothing about the US postal service screams it needs a bank. Other than it is in so much debt.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Maybe, possibly, could be, she is a .................wait for it............Russian plant........Yeah that's it. Collusion with the Trump Team,.........AGAIN!!!

hehehehehe

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Interesting, I did not know that. 2nd new thing I've learned today.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join