It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Besides AOC, Who's Supporting Venezuela's Murderous Dictator?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Indeed.

The trail almost always leads back thru the CIA to a major oil corporation.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: odzeandennz

Along with the media they attack half the country who disagrees. The problem is the politicians and the media, not the people.

You mean the media you, the people love? the politicians the people elect?

Seems to me, until the people stops watching their favorite media Avenue and start making elected officials work for us, the problems in our society will only get worse.

Stop blaming x y and z. Other first world countries where the people March, and expell corrupt officials are doing just fine.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Waterglass

Since China and Russia are trying to exterminate the USA

Whatever you're on, I want two.

Ditto.

Guess how many governments China toppled, or wars or bombs dropped on foreign soil?

This a myopic Stockholm syndrome. As long as we think we're the good guys, we will keep the world in turmoil and feed the almighty war machine gods.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Agreed.

Why would China want one of their biggest cash cows eliminated? While I wouldn't go so far as to describe them as a friend or ally, they profit from our willingness to buy cheap chit rather than make it ourselves at a higher price.

Does China want us weakened so that they can exert a larger sphere of influence? I think that's a fair question, one most would likely answer the same.

Do they want us eliminated? I don't like speaking in absolutes in context of speculation, but I'd say no.

This a myopic Stockholm syndrome. As long as we think we're the good guys, we will keep the world in turmoil and feed the almighty war machine gods.

Sadly that's the way it appears. They keep refreshing McCarthyism to fear the American masses into following the same failed templates as before.
edit on 1-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Yeah, it doesn't take a 5th grader to figure out there's more to the whole Venezuela thing than meets the eye!

I've said it before, but I can't find my original source. I read a couple of years back how the wealthy classes of Venezuela had plans to overthrow the government by shutting down commerce in the country. That's what we're seeing now...revolution by the economic elite. Seems to work real well.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

They might even have some friends abroad.

Citgo Petroleum, a US-based subsidiary of the Venezuelan state-owned oil company, is named in papers filed with the Federal Election Commission.

In this chaotic context, it is perhaps less surprising that Venezuelan media did not seem to dedicate much time to cover the news that their government gave, through a state-owned oil company, a US$500,000 contribution to Donald Trump's inauguration.

It get's a little more interesting.

A firm co-founded by Donald Trump’s initial campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, quietly agreed to lobby for the oil company Citgo as the company, which is owned by the leftist government of Venezuela, was becoming increasingly embroiled in tensions involving the United States, Venezuela and Russia.

Officials with Lewandowski’s firm, Avenue Strategies, confirmed that last month it formalized a $25,000-a-month lobbying contract with Citgo.

edit on 1-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I wonder if AOC is a CIA prop? Back in the mid 2000's, a ranger buddy and I were offered a tour(s) to sort out some "drug running" problems between Columbia and maracaibo. This was back under Chavez. Apparently, the CIA were running the drugs and were primarily acting as handlers, but were stationed both in Columbia and maracaibo. Chavez or his advisors, figured that screwing up the transit lane would bring the CIA handlers out into the open for some extra judicial actions. Since this appears to be the route and apparently maduro is onboard (Chavez wasn't), it would stand to reason that the CIA would need an active agent pushing their narrative in the US. Maybe AOC is that "agent" after all it is dumb as crap and makes a good puppet. It looks like though, there are two factions operating in the US, one supporting maduro and the other against him.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I wonder if AOC is a CIA prop?

She could be. I was think about that several weeks ago. Shes an expert at playing dum.

As far as her credentials as people tried to smear her college degrees, including this site. I went direct to Boston Universities web site for Economics and they confirm she has two degrees and one is in economics.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Where is her pro-Maduro stance since she was elected? The quote from "American Action News" says she hadn't updated her stance since increased hostilities in Venezuela started.. yesterday. Gee, must be trolling pretty hard to know that.

People are getting paid more than I and many members here to stalk her twitter, social media apps, websites, and probably bug her office for statements everyday. She also used to get followed around for pics to spin.

Remember the one with her staff member eating a burger? Lol, not very progressive liberal at all. That was a main story on Fox News, the commenters loved it. AOC is click bait, your right wing propaganda "news" link is literal click bait. You have to click to begin, then click a link on each page to see the next for maximum banner and ad displays.

That's why the most popular topics that will bait folks into clicking are the ones used. Ocasio-Cortez is a liberal villain hate magnet. She's young, hispanic, outspokenly progressive, freshman congresswoman from a blue wave. You love it.
edit on 5/1/2019 by r0xor because: Cortez, not Cortex

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

We know her stance as the average Venezuelan lost 26 pounds due to starvation.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fox Business Network host Trish Regan has praised a number of Democratic lawmakers for their stance on Venezuela, even going as far as applauding New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez—a favored target of the right—for acknowledging the humanitarian and political crisis gripping the country.

Regan noted that Menéndez has “been in front from the beginning.” “Human suffering is not, nor should it ever be, a political issue,” Regan said. Menéndez has been involved in bipartisan lobbying for Guaidó, and on the day the 35-year-old declared himself interim president, Menéndez issued a joint statement with Republican Senator Marco Rubio in support of the move.

Ocasio-Cortez “deserves a little credit as well for recognizing that Venezuela is a total failure of democracy,” Regan suggested. She was presumably referring to an Instagram live broadcast by the congresswoman at the end of February, in which Ocasio-Cortez said the debate over Venezuela is not about ideology, but rather “authoritarianism versus democracy.” She went on to talk about “other failed states” including Zimbabwe, but she did not explicitly say Venezuela was in the same category.

Regan contrasted Menéndez and Ocasio-Cortez with progressive icon and 2020 presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders, who earlier this week was criticized for stopping short of calling Maduro a dictator.

www.newsweek.com...

Sheathe your pitchforks lads, the world's largest oil reserves will soon be controlled by corporations such as BP, Shell, Texaco. They will bring higher wages and standards of living for the working class to work the oil rigs and reserves for them. An era of prosperity awaits the Venezuelans, some people just have to get shot, ran over, and die first for the authoritarian regime to be overthrown, switching the countries side from Russia/China/Rogue to US/EU/Brazil etc.

By the way, had it been a corrupt, totalitarian right wing government, left wing keyboard militia would be demonizing them while most of ATS would take a quieter approach. Not a blind eye but more like peripheral vision. As we know, a government of either variety can be corrupt, their people suffer.

It's par for the course, though. Scoop, flip, spin while serving hot. Remember them Nazis, lol. They're pretty worn out. Enter.. new right wing boogeyman: Trump.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who else supports Venezuela and the current regime?

Cuba!
www.diariodecuba.com...

In a recent interview Venezuelan analyst Rocío San Miguel, an expert on military affairs, masterfully defined the role of Cuba in his country. In this respect he stated: "The situation room where the most important strategic decisions are made —political and military, but also economic and social— is in Havana. Venezuela is a kind of fish bowl, a case study, subject to permanent oversight by the Cuban leadership, to maintain Venezuela as its economic lifesaver. Everything we are witnessing at this time - among other things, the disproportionate use of force - the accelerated partisanization of the National Armed Forces, as well as this proposed Constituent Assembly, completely disgraceful and spurious, is based on a Cuban model."

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, it is because they are weaponizing the government to stifle any and all dissenting opinions, and want to get rid of checks and balances to maintain complete control of the power.

Along with the media they attack half the country who disagrees. The problem is the politicians and the media, not the people.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, you crack me up.

You are a dissenter. With an opinion. Able to talk about it in a public forum. With no comeback on yourself.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thank you and yes they do. I really wanted to travel thee and get some ziggies. But not in my lifetime.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Netflix and it's political hackery.

AOC has a 'documentary' on there.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Netflix and it's political hackery.
AOC has a 'documentary' on there.

well there's AOC

But ADD the 7 Episodes that the Obama Family Adults (Barry & Michael) have been paid (Million$) to Do for Netflix

The Obamas' will be doing more episodes as time goes by, chock full of Stuff he learned as a potential President boy-wonder

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Wrong again. Why do you continue to misrepresent facts? I attached screen shots of what appears on their insightcrime.org web site relating to articles by The New York Times, NPR, Miami Herald and others. Either DENY IGNORANCE OP or sit this one out.

Yeah, I mean, an ex UK soldier and a Washington lackey, who I would guess both have sympathies to their respective establishments, who have egos so big that they link their own articles to more of their own articles, and yet, there isn't a direct quote or outside link to anything

If that's your idea of quality journalism, something is terribly askew here

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Cowards and communists.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just got done listening to leftist/economist Jeffrey Sachs saying that 40,000 Venezuelans have died since US sanctions went into effect (of course, it was Obama who put them in....). And it's all trumps fault.

Not price controls, not Brazil's embargo, not Columbia's embargo, not the EU for it's embargo.

And NPR lady reporter was like, "gee, whiz. wow" for the whole tirade. Until she asked how he knew it was 40,000. And then he admitted that the number was given him by professors at a certain Venezuelan university.

...and there may be a rounding error....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just got done listening to leftist/economist Jeffrey Sachs saying that 40,000 Venezuelans have died since US sanctions went into effect (of course, it was Obama who put them in....). And it's all trumps fault.

Not price controls, not Brazil's embargo, not Columbia's embargo, not the EU for it's embargo.

And NPR lady reporter was like, "gee, whiz. wow" for the whole tirade. Until she asked how he knew it was 40,000. And then he admitted that the number was given him by professors at a certain Venezuelan university.

...and there may be a rounding error....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join