It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic the Hedgehog Live action Movie trailer Released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This looks Nuts , it could be really good or it could be really bad but whatever it is it'll be out this November.

I think it'll be good , Jim Carrey's perfect for Robotnik.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Every hero has a (Sega) Genesis.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

My childhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Soundtrack sold me...enough said...take my money.lol

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Master system , a copy of Sonic and the built in Alex Kidd game ... perfect entertainment.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This kinda makes me wonder. Just last night I saw an advert for one more ''cartoon'' movie. Big time movie based on stories and characters created to entertain children. Yet these movies are being made at the cost of millions of dollars and being presented as fare for adults.

Maybe it is just me but isn't this part of the juvenilization of American adults? Look at all the commercials on TV later at night on programs designed for adult consumption. Cartoon characters, stupid people selling crap. People dressed up on childish costumes. It's pervasive.

So Sonic the Hedgehog is now a big movie? Is this not just one more example of keeping America's children, children well into adulthood and beyond?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh man the autists are going to REEEEE about this they take Sonic as serious business.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And oh yeah, this trend to make movies based on video games. Ugg. Great plots huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Video game adaptations have done so good in the past...uh, not so much.
Lots of stinkers...
Tomb raider and resident evil are fair I suppose but doom, wing commander and warcraft....ugh

And why jim Carey?
That was just a knockoff dr evil.

Redbox!

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Maybe it is just me but isn't this part of the juvenilization of American adults? Look at all the commercials on TV later at night on programs designed for adult consumption. Cartoon characters, stupid people selling crap. People dressed up on childish costumes. It's pervasive.

So Sonic the Hedgehog is now a big movie? Is this not just one more example of keeping America's children, children well into adulthood and beyond?

What? Dude, cartoons have always been for adults as much as for kids. Also, don't confuse the marketing of nostalgia as "juvenilization."

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
And why jim Carey?
That was just a knockoff dr evil.

No, that was pretty much just a good take on Dr Robotnik, who predated Dr. Evil by a solid decade.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So what do you want? Blood & Guts? Another Jack Reacher shoot-em-up? Chick Flick? Romance? More Star Wars? How about dinosaurs? Alien invasion? It's all "unrealistic" entertainment, whether it has animation in it or not. Just don't give me a movie with a "message." Nobody wants to see that crap.
edit on 4/30/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didnt even know there was a sonic cartoon.
Doesnt look like I missed much from the YouTube clip I watched...lol

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

TBH I think it's little more than a family movie that adults and kids will likely enjoy around Christmas , most Hollywood films these days are juvenile dumbed down entertainment concentrating on candy cane looks and flashy effects , nothing required from the viewer other than to soak it all in.

I rarely watch film these days but am tempted by this , it looks like it could be a bit of silly fun with a bit of Sonic fan service for the grown ups.

I think we all need a bit of silly fun in these serious times.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks pretty good, hopefully it doesn’t turn out to be mindless pandering to gamers.

I never played the sonic games much, just a few times at a friends house, guess it’s time to find a YouTube video that explains sonic lore.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That looks really bad...also what's up with sonic's eyes. They're too small, it makes him look funny.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh ya they were plugin the cues in that one.

But Jim Carrey as robotnic, and Sonic as himself, and stuff blowing up. This just may be the best movie evaa.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

This kinda makes me wonder. Just last night I saw an advert for one more ''cartoon'' movie. Big time movie based on stories and characters created to entertain children. Yet these movies are being made at the cost of millions of dollars and being presented as fare for adults.

Yeah it's called "escapism", it's nice to disconnect the old brain gear, relax and tune out to a movie, especially if it can take you back with a character that meant something to you in your childhood.
Unless you like spending 24/7 with the " reality" some refer to as the modern world.
That's a vote for Sonic for me!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

So what do you want? Blood & Guts? Another Jack Reacher shoot-em-up? Chick Flick? Romance? More Star Wars? How about dinosaurs? Alien invasion? It's all "unrealistic" entertainment, whether it has animation in it or not. Just don't give me a movie with a "message." Nobody wants to see that crap.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I want my damned Thunder Cats live action......

That's what we really want

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Oh man the autists are going to REEEEE about this they take Sonic as serious business.

I'm on the spectrum, and I didn't "REEEEE",..

How odd,.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join