It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia-led multinational operation seizes 94.2 tonnes of cocaine in 105-day period

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys but 94.2 tonnes of coke and another 26.7 tonnes of marijuana being seized has undoubtedly gotten some of the producers attention. It would be interesting to know where all the stuff ends up..Hopefully not repackaged and sold to support some shady government endeavor..Iran Contra anyone ?

BOGOTA (Reuters) - A multinational anti-narcotics operation led by Colombia has seized up to 94.2 tonnes of coc aine in the past 105 days worth some $3.2 billion, President Ivan Duque said on Monday

Joint operations involving 18 countries from Latin America and Europe as well the United States and Canada took part in the seizure of the coc aine as well as 26.7 tonnes of marijuana valued at $133.7 million, Duque said.

www.reuters.com... aine-in-105-day-period-idUSKCN1S 6031
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Colombian weed?

Ick. Who the hell smokes that?

edit on 4/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
me

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Oh, you absolutely know it will!

Do you know how many $900 hammers $3.2 billion will buy???

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I don't know about you guys but 94.2 tonnes of coke

Blimey, it'd take me at least a week to go through that.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It has been the envy of the world at times in terms of quality.

Anyways, expect to see more of this from Colombia and Brazil as well along the Venezuelan borders throughout the year. Guaido has made his move and now special operators and advisors will be showing up from both countries to assist domestic paramilitaries in their patriot duty to depose their authoritarian who robbed their wealth.

You know, as a favor while they help to stop the drugs 😎

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Colombian weed?

Ah yes, way back in the old days it was Colombian Gold and Colombian Red that were the mainstay. Then there was commercial and Mexican on the lowest end with Ti-stick and Hawaiian at the top.

Yep, those were the good ole days (sigh).

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
3.2 billion dollars of coc aine in 10 days...

How much of that was going to the Clintons?

Hillary is not happy right now.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: Phage

Colombian weed?

Ah yes, way back in the old days it was Colombian Gold and Colombian Red that were the mainstay. Then there was commercial and Mexican on the lowest end with Ti-stick and Hawaiian at the top.

Yep, those were the good ole days (sigh).

I'm sure it was good back then but it wouldn't be comparable to the medical grade weed we have everywhere now. Everything a friend of mine buys (I don't smoke ofc) is dispensary level usually. Perhaps one of the cheaper strains at the pharmacy, but nonetheless.

As for 100 tons, that does sound like a lot considering it isn't even arguably in the top 3 most smuggled and abused types of drugs anymore. I'm pretty sure those are opioids, marijuana, and methamphetamine with coke being fourth place. It takes a fair amount of land, cultivation, and refinement for 100 tons.

Then again, if 1 ton is worth $30 million, it's only $3 billion USD worth.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Thats terrible..Im so sorry. You can do better

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

But the big time coke importation was done under Reagan, by his various agencies

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
3.2 billion dollars of coc aine in 10 days...

How much of that was going to the Clintons?

Hillary is not happy right now.

Her CIA contacts are negotiating a buyback, for pennies on the dollar. Hillary don't play.

new topics

top topics

join