It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we so brainwashed that we don't even know or suspect that we are?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is a thin line between brainwashed and faith. How are we suppose to know which we are? You have to have belief to believe but a brainwashed person (everyone) would stake ones life on it too. I don't quite know what I am trying to say but it is like we have been groomed since birth and that weirds me out a bit. What is truth and how can we tell the difference?

A example of this is that good always triumphs over evil. In almost every movie I have seen the "good guys" always defeat the "bad guys" but in real life that is not the case mostly.

I myself am so brainwashed that I can barely think of things to put.

idk, belief in something like a religion or political ideology could be seen as mainstream brainwashing.

So where is that line. Everything we do is because we believe in something or think that it is because it has always been.

So what is truth and how do we see through the deception?

I am sure there are even more examples but some I just don't want to mention because they are so sown into us that it would be insulting.

I guess we will never be able to see the absolute truth until we get home (death).

* rambling of a mad man.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Question everything and demand logical answers

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, I would say that if you are here on this forum (and you obviously are) you are probably at least somewhat less brainwashed than the average person. But that ain't saying much.

But of course. The entire end goal of brainwashing is to make the victim unaware of the brainwashing and believing everything is natural and fine and organic. Without having accomplished that, you can never be sure that the brainwashing will stick or that the long-term goal (whatever it may be) will be achieved.

Brainwashing is (after all) a means to an end. So it stands to reason that making the brainwashee unaware of his own brainwashing would be part of the potion. Right?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I would agree with the question everything part. However, demanding logical answers might get you the kind of attention you don't want. I would say that it is better to quietly observe and ask the questions in your own mind. Sometimes, the best defense against further brainwashing is silence.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

That is what I try to do but my mind and everyone's mind is contaminated so I will never get a pure answer to anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It is pretty crazy but I think that one of the things that we are brainwashed in is that nothing can hear your inner thought. That can be scary to some. That would be kind of cool as long as we are not judged to harshly and the one that listens get where you are coming from.

Always act like someone knows everything!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You can call it "brainwashing" or you can call it "education." We're taught since the time we're little babies to conform to the rules of society. Do you like to crap your pants? Well, the reason you don't is because you were taught not to crap your pants a long time ago and that it was expected of you as a member of society. Believe in any sort of "god?" Same thing, except the concept is a little more abstract. If you ask nine people out of ten who profess a belief in god exactly what this god is supposed to be, and you'll get a vague, usually contradictory explanation. But people go along to get along, and don't try to think about it much because it makes things easier in many ways.

That's also why certain psychoactive drugs are frowned upon by society. They make you question your motivations and possibly change your values. And that's dangerous to a society that relies on people going by the rules, not rocking the boat, not questioning basic assumptions about the way society defines its consensus reality. Human beings are social creatures.

Sure, you can think differently, but don't expect things to be easy for you. And it doesn't matter whether your thoughts are "good," in that they do not in any way inhibit peaceful reproduction, or "bad" in that you want to kill all the people who don't believe in the same made-up god as you. Either way, there's likely somebody out where who has been brainwashed into thinking you're evil, and need to die, and will be happy to put a bullet in your gut.

What is the truth? "Beauty is truth; truth, beauty." -- John Keats

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The OP reminds me of my own short essay:

Blind Dogs

So often we see someone walk by a fenced yard containing a dog. The dog usually watches the approach, and at some point begins to bark. The passerby goes on as he/she would have done anyway, but the dog keeps barking as long as his interest is occupied by the retreating figure. Thus, his territorial instincts are satisfied, and he is proud to have once again protected his master’s property by his ferocious barking. The poor dog will do this all day, day in, day out, year in, year out, and for all of his natural life he will never stop to consider that all that barking was all for nothing. In fact, the poor doggy is probably unable to ever think of such a thing. You might simply say, “What of it...? It’s just a dog.”

However, have you ever considered that we humans might have just such a blind spot in our existence – an aspect of our lives in which we respond to a stimulus or situation without ever realizing that our efforts do no good whatsoever? What could it be?? We don’t know! We have no way of knowing – if I knew, I could tell you, but I can’t tell you because neither you nor I could ever be aware of such a thing. There is no way to know, but I look at the dog, and I worry. I look at pedestrian and dog, and I know the dog is irrelevant, at most, an annoyance. I look at situations moving through my life and my response to them, and wonder if all my efforts had any real effect, and if I too, am irrelevant. Are we, for all our self-deceptions, putting out efforts which amount to little more than useless yapping at things, which move by their own logic on the other side of barriers which we can see, but not move through? We can suspect, dimly, but there is no way to be sure, and maybe that is why the dog barks so long…

DD 09-21-2011

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Thank you for acknowledging political fanaticism rivals that of the religious.

State worship is turning into a global cult.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Short answer?

Yes. Our populace is so brainwashed that they think they aren't.

They be "woke". I guess that's how you can tell if the programming is complete. If they say they are, "woke".

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Are we so brainwashed that we don't even know or suspect that we are?

Yes.

And this is HOW DEEP this rabbit-hole goes.

A very-well orchestrated attack plan that took decades to get where we are. A complete asleep civilization.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

This is one of my favorites readings I’ve had anywhere to ever!

Thank you, sir.

And yes, life is so weird!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Whoa... I was just reading the parables of Jesus and you write this totally appropriate piece.

My current state synchronicity is off the chain.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

This is one of my favorites readings I’ve had anywhere to ever!

Thank you, sir.

And yes, life is so weird!

Thank you...answers are coming, even if a long way off.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Whoa... I was just reading the parables of Jesus and you write this totally appropriate piece.

My current state synchronicity is off the chain.

Jesus spoke His parables so that most, like the barking dog, would NOT understand. Can you dig it?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What if I told you that your brainwashing is your own fault through the empowerment of and credence given to the ego?

Only once we detach ourselves from its influence may we see the objective truth in things.

This a plateau I certainly have not reached along with most of the worlds population however, is worth a lifes work striving towards.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

some of the people commenting are the most brainwashed funny enough. it's all about sticking the fingers in the ears and screaming

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Duh. Of course many of you are. Especially the members that are really, really into the right vs left political debating/glorified trolling, mud throwing games on the forum, threads I meant.

Each new crumb from the MSM table saying the President did a good thing or being critical of the President. Everything that they can scrape up to troll AOC or the Muslim girl that looks like a goblin shaman. Some of the threads that get spun take real talent if you consider it that, those are the easy topics that get beat to death.

I will give the ATS republicans credit, they're very intelligent and know how to write, very articulate. I'd go so far as to say that there's probably no other unrelated forum on the internet that has a community within it of all around genuine, quality people (for the most part) that unanimously and outspokenly share the same political views.

This isn't Fox News comments. Those are a blast ever so often btw because everyone is so over-the-top. If you based your opinion on republicans from naively visiting Fox News then reading the comments, you'd think that the only thing holding the right back from a race war or rounding up liberals in a nationalist takeover is the law and the armed forces.

Which brings me back to being brainwashed. To be that into every word said and written, every article, writing strongly worded short essays back and forth with strangers for a number of hours a day because you feel that you're so right about it, it needs defending and explained? Okay, no big deal some people find it fun like a game, it's also like a high level real life soap opera drama with the highest stakes at times, which I blame MSM for perpetuating but it's true. I get that, I get into it sometimes.

You're not winning anything though, pushing agendas or changing anyones mind that's reading. There are no passers-by who are reading a novel of a thread of back and forth that are undecided politically. There's no gain of any kind, except for feels, being in a good mood or a bad mood possibly even angry, frustrated.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So where is that line. Everything we do is because we believe in something or think that it is because it has always been. So what is truth and how do we see through the deception?

Realize this: that the wheel spins both clockwise and counterclockwise
at the same time ,though it travel in one direction.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I'm in full blown revolt against this "Brain Washing". Oh yes, its quite real, and it starts to rear its ugly head when you request a logical debate. They never seem to address the logic at the core, but rather tend to go after one personally, or misleading arguments. The movies? I never saw "everyone" beating the hell out of each other, or drinking whisky like it was water, especially in Westerns lol lol

I suspect I know what is at the core of the mind control, and can even point to the "Evidence" to prove it. Demand answers? Its hard when they demand you recite their belief system.

One thing I have noticed is, the enforcers. Not here so much, but in the real world. You can see that playing out in the realm of politics presently. "Orange Man Bad" type of thing. I sure hope Orange Man rocks the world, the whole world!!!

In my opinion, there is a secret, a secret that should have never existed, at the core of the control. And it is that secret that compels our "Mind Control". For if we were truly free to think the way we wished, and explore the way we were designed, that truth would be discovered. And it would be the end of the real world "Matrix". And, to insure compliance, covert, mind control compliance, there is a secret society that works overtime to insure the status quoe or mainstream ideologies are followed. They tell us what is possible or impossible. Probable, or improbable.

Artificial wars are instigated to keep us at each other, sports events to consume our time, politics to de-power us, and sitcoms to drive us insane.

Yes, we are quite controlled, for a reason!!!!!

Knowledge is power, and without it, we will remain the slaves we were created to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join